Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC (403 Views)

Soldiers In Delta Arrest Ex-militant Leader, Others Ahead Of Osinbajo’s Visit / Untold Story Of Senate Forgery Scandal / Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Leader, Others, Recover Weapons From Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC by sunshine1974(m): 9:41am On Jun 19, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Thursday arrested former governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedia Ohakim over corruption allegations.

The commission also interrogated the former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido for several hours.

Wilson Uwujaren confirmed the arrest to THISDAY,  but said he was not sure when Ohakim is due to appear in court.

Ohakim, who was invited by the anti-graft commission to clarify some issues raised against him during the probe of his administration on Wednesday, failed to show up.
He was summoned to answer questions in an ongoing investigation into allegations of corruption and embezzlement by his government.

The spokesman for the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, had stated that Ikedi was expected to shed more light on issues in an old case being investigated by the anti-agency.

He said: “We were expecting a former governor of Imo State, Ihedi Ohakim, today (Wednesday) to come and shed light on some issues in an old case we have been investigating. We are about rounding off the investigation and we need him to clarify some issues, but he didn’t show up, he may still come today or tomorrow.”

Meanwhile, Lamido, who is being accused of fraud totalling several billions of naira, had said he was always willing to honour the EFCC  invitation even when he enjoyed immunity as a governor.

The former governor who arrived in Nigeria on Monday, had told journalists in his Bamaina village in Birninkudu local government area of the state, that he would honour an invitation by the anti0-graft agency Thursday.

He said since the EFCC is the anti-graft agency of the government recognised by law, he would not shun the invitation. “I am aware of the invitation.’'

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/selection-of-senate-leader-others-may-pose-another-challenge-for-apc/212434/
Re: Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC by sexylogan(m): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Ok

No more business as usual

Arrest all the thieves
angry
Re: Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC by Rounakid(m): 9:44am On Jun 19, 2015
Jux incase...
Re: Selection Of Senate Leader, Others May Pose Another Challenge For APC by Starships4u(m): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2015
How does this news relate the title?? I weak for una oh!!

(1) (Reply)

How I Appeared In The News Today / Women Empowerment: Jigawa Governor Donates 8,000 Goats To Widows / I Did Not Pay Myself #720m Allowances-fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.