Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike (730 Views)

Osinbajo Seeks Senate's Approval For $1.5 Billion Loan / $30 Billion Loan: What Buhari Must Do To Get Our Support – Igbo Lawmakers / $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by Haykay80(m): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2015
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has explained why he has applied for a N10 billion loan less than a month after he was inaugurated as governor of the oil-rich state.

Wike stated his reasons at Government House shortly after signing the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Messrs Julius Berger PLC and CCECC Nigeria Limited to rehabilitate roads in the state on Thursday.

Wike dismissed the war of calumny against his administration as malicious, frivolous and a futile attempt to sully his reputation.

“I am poised to complete all the important ongoing projects in the state, he said, explaining why the state government applied for the loan.

He further disclosed that the loan will be used to complete the following projects: “the Law Faculty Building in the State University of Science and Technology, the renovation of the judiciary complex and the Rivera State House of Assembly buildings which are all derelict as a result of the their closure for almost two years by Rotimi Amaechi. The loan, he further revealed, will be used to complete the Akpajo/Woji Bypass, the Eagle Island link Road and the Rivers Mall started by Sir Celestine Omehia.”

“There is no need frittering away resources by abandoning projects. Government is a continuum”, stated.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/19/why-i-took-n10-billion-loan-wike/

Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dounce !

U know that Govt is a continuous process and u bent on destorying yourself not Amachi?

Ur first bill to House of assembly was 10billion naira loan just for rehabilitations and renovation of ongoing/abandon project?
How much was the project itself?

No one is asking u to explain, go ahead and loot us dry.

Amachi first bill to assembly was a bill to save N1b monthly from unecessary expenditures by the state.

On 28th May,GEJ paid 105billion to Rivers state account, a money amachi used on fixing Federal roads in the state, u got d money on 2nd june......ever since then, it has been debit alert.

Wike is wicked!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by bankyblue(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
pls i dont mind if u use N9.5B to prob that MISCREANT called Ameachi.
it will be a money will spent

1 Like

Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by ramdris(m): 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
Just a week after swearing in shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked?

Collecting loan to rebuild law courts and house of assembly complex. Are u pondering what am pondering?

Seems someone is preparing a very fertile ground for looting without being questioned by the Judiciary and Legislatures...#Justthinking..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by Mogidi: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
He further disclosed that the loan will be used to complete the following projects: “the Law Faculty Building in the State University of Science and Technology, the renovation of the judiciary complex and the Rivera State House of Assembly buildings which are all derelict as a result of the their closure for almost two years by Rotimi Amaechi. The loan, he further revealed, will be used to complete the Akpajo/Woji Bypass, the Eagle Island link Road and the Rivers Mall started by Sir Celestine Omehia.”

“There is no need frittering away resources by abandoning projects. Government is a continuum”, stated.

[size=15pt]ACTION GOVERNOR[/size]
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by ramdris(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mogidi:

[size=15pt]ACTION GOVERNOR[/size]
More like ACTING GOVERNOR cos tribunal go remove am tongue

1 Like

Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by Starships4u(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
ARISE NIGERIA FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS........love this man...
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by sunnydayasaba(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
Haba, in this aerial of hostarity measure, drop in oil price and revenue, instead of investing the loan on capital project like housing, shopping malls and rehabilitation of tourist and event centers, He wants to embezzle it in d name of road rehabilitation and compensations.

Wike fear God oh after all u looted frm GEJ govt. U no dey tire.

1 Like

Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by Mogidi: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
ramdris:

More like[b] ACTING GOVERNOR[/b] cos tribunal go remove am tongue

Even Jega has aknowledged the election in Rivers was free and fair.
You really think APC can win Rivers state?
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by kodded(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
ramdris:

More like ACTING GOVERNOR cos tribunal go remove am tongue
e too dry undecided undecided
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by UAE123(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
ur governor sir, I bliv it is just 2 early to start borrowing to execute state projects especially wen u dont even know wat is accruing to d state on a monthly basis. Also d legislative arm is a seperate arm of govt wit its own budget & dey should b made to repair their building if dey feel d need to do so.
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by kodded(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
smiley
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by ramdris(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2015
kodded:
e too dry undecided undecided
Please add water..
Re: Why I Took N10 Billion Loan – Wike by Ephemmm: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
tongue tongue tongue Chap chap governor: River state don enter one chance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Watch Gov. Adams Oshiomhole On Channels TV Now ! / Cash-strapped Osun Returns To Cocoa; Factory To Begin Production November / Internet, Social Media Responsible For Terrorism – Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.