Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . (902 Views)

33 Students To Bag 1st Class Degree On AKSU 2nd And 3rd Convocation / N10,000 For UNICAL Best Graduating Student At 30th Convocation / Babcock University Graduate Gets Car Gift From His Parents At Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . by NaijaSwap(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
The absurd hostel mandatory policy of the kwara state university management is nothing but a total cupidity as well as a well structured means of exploiting the students in a bid of paying loyalty to kwara political big wings who have turned to an overnight real estate business operators who have chosen Malete as the preferred target market in collaboration with the kwasu deanery office ,whose major interest is rentage commission without putting the economy reality of the state into consideration.
The dean student affairs office of each institutions is expected to play a supportive roles to the students and to make the recommendations of policies that will mitigate the predicament of the students to the management, I can not imagined that the dean student affairs office of the kwara state university malete upon the resumption of 2014/2015 academic session, has fraudulently allocated some off-campus hostels owned by the first lady of kwara state and others political actors(millionaire hostel , AGT I , AGT III and others) to some final year students who were not pre informed for such an arrangement, to our surprise students whose names was not on the said lists were also asked to make payment for hostel they never resided.
Expecting revenue from a service you never rendered is nothing but a corruption, wonder shall never end as the deanery office recently issued a threat notice threaten to withhold the certificate of students who sees no reason for making a payment for the service they never enjoyed.
This is an unjust practice perpetrated with impunity in the interest of a selfish dean student affairs all in the name of a rentage commission against the 2015 kwasu GRADUATEs as we believe injustice in somewhere is injustice everywhere.
This helpless students hereby call on Students leaders, activist and freedom fighters who believe in equity and justice to rise up to safe these students from the tyrannical state political actors who turned to an overnight real estate business operators and the university management as they have continuously been threatened of certificate withholding on failure to pay the illegal fees .
Kwasu students without an hyperbolic atom are one of the most disciplined students in this part of the world, observing all sort of management unpopular policies does not in any form make us a fool , he that enjoy 100% students compliance on yam and goat policies should be aware of resistance and objection movement , kwasu students are suppose to be credited for being a law abiding member of the university community ,any attempt to further oppressed them in spite of their endless endurances will affect their romantic corporation will their ALMAMATA.
AN INJUSTICES IN ANY WHERE IS A THREAT TO JUSTICES AT EVERY WHERE
Re: Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
The annoying thing about this hostel issue is the difference in the fees been paid. While some paid #35,000 some #40,000 and still some paid #60,000. What is the rationale behind different fees, it is highly unfair.
Re: Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2015
we need help o, we are in bondage....dis wan pass slave trade.
Re: Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
PETITION WON'T STOP NA'ALLAH
As a result of the ongoing petitioning of KWASU V.C Professor AbdulRasheed Na'Allah due to the extortion from the 2015 graduates of the Kwara State University,MALETE. From a right source, it was affirmed that the Institution spokesman will not be stopped by the petitions written by the graduates and bloggers but rather will introduce late fee charges on late payment of the "must-paid" forty-five thousand naira (45,000,00) by all students that lived on off-campus hostel/non-school hostel.
It was gathered that the V.C got angered as petitions piled up,therefore fashioned out a severe punishment.
Graduates hereby seek the support of KWARANS, ELITES and NIGERIANS to please call back the order of the Institution Don, as though it might be easy for some 2015 graduate to pay the sum but majority who got their income from the lions den won't be opportune to pay the school hostel charge which they never lived in.
It must be noted that the earlier a positive and considerable solution is achieved the better, as the graduates chances of going to service with batch B in September is at stake.
To this end, the 2015 graduates of Kwara State University,Malete, hereby seek the quick aid of prospective Nigerians as this is the only way out.
Re: Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello greatest Nigeria students"!!!!" I guess a progress is being made on this hostel fee issue I just received this now from osogbo

22nd June, 2015

Kolapo Alimi & Co
Mansha Allah House,
No 93, Station Road,
Osogbo,
State of Osun.

The Vice-chancellor,
Kwara State University,
Malete,
Kwara State.

Sir,

REQUEST FOR IMMEDIATE HALT AND REFUND OF HOSTEL LEVY MANDATED ON GRADUATING STUDENTS OF KWASU WHO DID NOT RESIDE IN HOSTELS

I am a counsel to the National Congress of Nigeria Students (NACONS) and Committee for Democracy and Rights of the People (CDRP), both are nongovernmental organizations saddled with the responsibilities to defend the rights and interest of Nigerian students and Nigerian at large within and outside Nigeria herein refers to as my clients. My clients herein take up the matter for the affected KWASU students who are subjected to unjustifiable exploitation.

The affected graduating students of KWASU reject the unjustifiable and unlawful levy mandated on them by KWASU which you refer to as hostel fees.

These graduating students of KWASU whom my clients uphold their interest did not reside in hostels during their last academic session in KWASU. Also, it worth to be noted that neither an act establishing KWASU nor any valid law in force ever mandates students of KWASU to reside in the hostel.

The levy of N45, 000 which you mandated on the
graduating students who are by implication members of NACONS is unjustifiable, and an exploitation of Nigerian students. I hereby beseech you to halt the collection of this controversial fee from students and ensure immediate refund of the levy to those who have payed the fee.

TAKE NOTE that failure to halt the collection and refund of the controversial and unjustifiable fee, my clients will be left with no option than to embark on vigorous legal action in the court of law for redress.

We anticipate immediate reversal of your stand on the controversial fee in favour of my clients.

Thanks.

Yours faithfully,

Abdulsalam Abdulfatah Esq
Barrister and Solicitor of Supreme Court of Nigeria
D.G GOGLAI
cc:
1. Chairman, Governing Council, KWASU
2. Speaker, Kwara State, House of Assembly
3. Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalist, Kwara State.
Re: Post Kwasu 3rd Convocation Drama . by elmisti(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
make i carry chair sit with this thread, was really thinking paying the said fees is an abuse to education and all it stands for. am also affected by this illegal, absurd and notoriously irrational policy. i studied political science and i wont pay this fee even if it means i wont go for service.although i hope the case get resolved for others that simply dont have the guts to stake their service!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Polytechnic Ibadan 2015/2016 Post Jamb Is Out / Some Striking Facts You May Not Have Come Across: / Health Security In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.