Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time (728 Views)

5 Reasons Why Online Job Search Is A Waste Of Time / I Need A Job Like A Matter Of Life And Death / Interview ...matter Of Urgency People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
I feel like encouraging someone today (typing with my phone, please pardon my typo error) I am a regular visitor of this section to observe the situation of many prospective graduates. Many have vowed to take their life while others still hand the garment of dissapointment. I salute the courage and alacrity of hundreds who remain steadfast and determined not to succumb admist all odd. Just as i said earlier, I opted to share experience having helped many gradutes secure one job or the other but still feel is insufficient. I am of the opinion that for one to grow, you need to struggle within self to quench the pains of others and also uplift in what ever ways. Over the years, I have also observe many work but few make meaningful impact in those jobs even when most coy pay above 5 digit. Having work myself for etisalat Nigeria, transfered to okitipupa a town in Ondo state as trade agents to brand the kioks and shops in the town, my expectation was so high. In fact, my dream chat grew on monthly basis but i realised i could not make much savings as the modus operandi of the job takes half of my earnings. Demands from friends and families were high due to the prestige of the job. Many will flash me with the expectation of returning their calls. I do often spending more than 40mins on average call but nothing tangible to hold on. Prior to my graduation, i listen and document tales of workers having study industral and Labour relations myself. I vehemenly belive mine will be different. One fateful morning, i got a call from the head office in Lagos that i should surrender all my kits and document to "oga pikin" that my service is appreciated but services no longer needed after three years of hard work and loyalty. I wan die but death no come that night. I summon courage and pick the pieces left from the job. Went to my account and demanded for the balance. Its 92k. Ok, na die i dey so. A week after, i stumble on a book " Why A students work for C students" after reading that book i summon the courage to fail again. I withdrew the entire money move to computer village in ikeja and bought tokunbo laptop and printer, pick a name and head to CAC office in Sabo to register it. Today, that business employs 6 persons with 600k P/A and a turnover of 8million naira with assets worth 4 million. The economy today require people who could run. Take the bull by the horn. Take that decision to do it your own way. Its difficult but possible to start. You will get that job but God will never let you remain there. May God help ur hussle

2 Likes

Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by techmart(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Lovely written, the message is so clear. God will continue to bless you more.
Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by raayah(f): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by obinna2nv(m): 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2015
Nawa o!! Nice of you to share..
Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by MrMcJay(m): 2:40am On Jun 22, 2015
The most important thing is the mindset. Once that is in order, the thought process would be properly aligned and things would take shape.

In that same book the OP read, Robert wrote of what he called OPM (Other People's Money) It is one of the examples of 'leverage'.
Ever heard of 'sales and return'?

@raayah
They can't borrow money to start up something, but they can borrow money to attend interviews?

Dangote started with a loan of about 10k from his uncle, he is a trillionaire today. Do you want to tell me that there weren't some people with 10k as at when Dangote didn't have that amount of money? Where are they today?

Remember; Successful people have results to show and failures have excuses.
Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by raayah(f): 2:46am On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by MrMcJay(m): 2:55am On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=raayah post=35012291][/quote]
My bad, was 500k
Re: Lets Fight A Good Fight. Its A Matter Of Time by obinna2nv(m): 8:24am On Jun 22, 2015
MrMcJay:

My bad, was 500k

When you're calling dangote here, I knew you're going off the rails with this your inspiration. Do you even know how much is 500k from the early 70s compared to now? That money was more than 50m naira, people become millionaires or billionaires for less amount. My point is if you want to motivate please don't tell me about Dangote he was never broke for a day in his life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some1 Shud Plz Help Me On Ow To Get To Dis Location / Experts Needed / Hello House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.