Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Mycar Emits White Smoke - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mycar Emits White Smoke (1511 Views)

My Lexus GX 470 AC Emits Hot Air But Cools Only On The Passenger's AC Vent / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates / White Smoke After Oil Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mycar Emits White Smoke by cjfbn: 2:31am On Jun 20, 2015
My highlander emits white smoke. What does it mean?
Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by iamSi(m): 2:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Mean your engine is gone ... need to be replaced
cjfbn:
Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by icemann(m): 5:16am On Jun 20, 2015
Use thick(er) oil it my stop. But you have to start budgeting for a new engine.
Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2015
cjfbn:

Before you get discouraged by the buy a new engine people, a lot of things could cause white smoke. One of them is if there's a leak from your master cylinder to your servo, the vacuum line connecting intake and servo would be suck in brake oil and cause car to emit white smole.

Another thing could be valve seals, this would cause white smoke at very cold start.

Finally piston ring and wear. This is a deal breaker and engine will have to go.

Is your car shooting oil excessively?

1 Like

Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by cjfbn: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2015
No. And d car is just one month old.
Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2015
cjfbn:
No. And d car is just one month old.

The bolded has nothing to do with your present problem. grin
Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 21, 2015
cjfbn:

I'm interested in this case. What type of engine is your Highlander using?
4 cylinder engine, 3.0L V6, or 3.3L V6?

What kind of engine oil do you use? ( I don't need only brand name but I need to know the oil specs) did you drain your ATF and coolant recently? Did you buy this car Naija used or toks?
Re: Mycar Emits White Smoke by dammiedot(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
White smoke can be nothing to be concerned about if it’s thin, like vapor. This is probably the result of normal condensation buildup inside the exhaust system. This kind of smoke disappears quickly.

However, thicker smoke is a big problem, and can be caused the engine burning coolant. This can be the result of a serious issue like a blown head gasket, a damaged cylinder head, or a cracked engine block – all of which are costly repairs.

Don’t ignore it, however, as the problem could become far worse. Even a small leak in the coolant can lead to overheating and serious risk of damage to the engine. A coolant leak can also mix with oil and cause serious headaches for you and your car.

(1) (Reply)

Car Theft Attempt (unsuccessful) With Master Key Photo Included / What Your Tail Pipe Might Be Telling You. / I Just Saw Why your car ABS Can Save your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.