Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Music Monetization: What Secular Artistes Know That Nigerian Gospel Singers Don - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Music Monetization: What Secular Artistes Know That Nigerian Gospel Singers Don (552 Views)

Why Is It That Nigerian Presidents Don't Say "GOD BLESS NIGERIA"? / Top Nigerian Gospel Music Company Sign MTN Project Fame Contestant / Nigerian Gospel Musician Babatunmise Set To Drop New Album This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Monetization: What Secular Artistes Know That Nigerian Gospel Singers Don by afegreg: 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
By TUNDE PRAISE

Premable.
I decided to write this article after having an heart to heart discussion with a friend of mine. I had just finished a consulting session with a client of ours who is about to launch new content . i decided to grap something go eat ,and then put finishing touches to my speech which will be delivered at the Nigeria digital conference later in the day. I was to deliver a lecture on music digitalization in 2015 at the conference along side the director of the 960music group Mr Mark Redguard. I drove down in the company of my friend ,delivered a wonderful lecture but we noticed something .

In about over 2500 participant, ranging from music artist managers,label CEOS,content providers,music artists,song writers, stylist, music consultant and many more. I do not see anybody from the gospel music industry . my point is you hardly find gospel artist/ministers attending conferences like this. I felt bad in my spirit because the truth remains that we cannot isolate ourself from the world we are suppose to save.

I see a lot of gospel music conferences being organised today and seriously we talking about the same thing over and over again.not that I have a problem with our spirituality, I understand the scope of our calling. But we need to leverage into the new age wisdom of selling and packaging content. Content for me refers to our music, the sound .

My self and my friend had a serious discussion about the gospel music industry as I drive back home. So I decided to write.

Note of warning ….
What you are about to read might not sound spiritual. Am not even going to quote scriptures .its basically from a professional stand point.

Having run a PR FIRM for more than four years ,have consulted for the A LIST and the B list . Ave come to discover secrets that the so called secular artist knows that the gospel artist don’t know. My focus is to open our eyes to new ways . I hope this article will bless someone out there .
MUSIC MONITIZATION .

The industry has moved.
Internet marketing ….

If you are trying to reach a global audience then this will benefit you. In the last 10yrs or so. Over 400million units of musical content were sold online all over the word. (Pls Google for statistics) . if you really want to be impactful you cannot avoid understand ing how to push and sell your content online.

The Internet has created a seismic shift in the music industry. Traditional physical marketing outlets, while still important, have been augmented with a variety of online-based marketing, sales, and distribution outlets, all of which require their own specific marketing approaches and strategies.

Why? The industry has moved.
People still buy Cds on the road side I know but check the statistics and numbers. Spinlet is bigger than Alaba. Spinlet delivers over 3million music contents to their subscribers every month.. Am not sure over 3million contents comes out of Alaba. Everything and everyone is moving gradually to internet sales. We need to understand that we can sell more ,reach more people and make more money if we embrace the wisdom of internet marketing .

We need to get our music on this platform. We will reach more people and sell more content and of course make more money. The era of cds will soon fade away …I said “soon”

With the advent of music online streaming company like tidal,timok, itunes and the rest. Better days are here. The truth is a conventional gospel artist in Nigeria is used to the formal way of doing things. Record your song, package a CD and then sell In......

More...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/06/music-monetization-what-secular-artistes-know-that-nigerian-gospel-singers-dont-opinion/

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast / Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, / We Live Like Rats- Police [see Sad Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.