Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, (552 Views)

Have You Been Banned On Nairaland Before:share Your Experience / Banned By Anti Spam Bot, What Does It Mean? / How Many Times Have You Been Banned On This Forum...? And State The Reasons.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, by witnezHD(m): 2:24am On Jul 14, 2015
Usually, when you lose a game on your phone you just press restart. When you play " Send Me to Heaven," though, a loss could mean you'll need an entirely new phone. Immediately. Believe it or not, the concept of this high-risk, low-reward game is quite simple: throw your phone in the air, as high as you can, catch it (please, guys, catch it), and then check out how your score compares to those of fellow competitors on the app. http://www.carrotpop.com/Carrot_Po www.carrotpop.com The game was made public by the Norwegian developer CarrotPop . It uses an accelerometer to calculate how far the phone was thrown, and to be sure participants aren't cheating (parachuting, throwing off of roofs, etc). Of course, a game that this inherently risky comes with some basic guidelines for safety. From the app's Google description : "SAFETY FIRST: Be careful not to injure yourself or others. Be always aware that there is enough space above you and around you. WARNING: Throwing a smartphone high into the air may result in both damage to the smartphone, property and/or personal injury. Author and distributor of S.M.T.H. is not liable for any damages or injuries arising out of playing the S.M.T.H. game." Here are some clever guys getting as high as 7.1 meters: So basically, play at your own risk. The game has been banned in the app store because Apple declared it to be “encouraging behavior that could result in damage to the user’s device," according to Wired . You can still get it if you have an Android, though. So for all you thrill- seeking non-Apple people out there, let us know how it goes. ;DUsually, when you lose a game on your phone you just press restart. When you play " Send Me to Heaven," though, a loss could mean you'll need an entirely new phone. Immediately. Believe it or not, the concept of this high-risk, low-reward game is quite simple: throw your phone in the air, as high as you can, catch it (please, guys, catch it), and then check out how your score compares to those of fellow competitors on the app. http://www.carrotpop.com/Carrot_Po www.carrotpop.com The game was made public by the Norwegian developer CarrotPop . It uses an accelerometer to calculate how far the phone was thrown, and to be sure participants aren't cheating (parachuting, throwing off of roofs, etc). Of course, a game that this inherently risky comes with some basic guidelines for safety. From the app's Google description : "SAFETY FIRST: Be careful not to injure yourself or others. Be always aware that there is enough space above you and around you. WARNING: Throwing a smartphone high into the air may result in both damage to the smartphone, property and/or personal injury. Author and distributor of S.M.T.H. is not liable for any damages or injuries arising out of playing the S.M.T.H. game." Here are some clever guys getting as high as 7.1 meters: So basically, play at your own risk. The game has been banned in the app store because Apple declared it to be “encouraging behavior that could result in damage to the user’s device," according to Wired . You can still get it if you have an Android, though. So for all you thrill- seeking non-Apple people out there, let us know how it goes.

Re: Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 14, 2015
Hj
Re: Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, by babafunny(m): 10:58am On Sep 17, 2015
Apple earlier made it know that it be lunching watchOS 2 alongside its new iOS 9, but as it stands, the lunch of watchOS 2 will have wait further till the... for more details, follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/apple-delays-lunch-watchos-2/
Re: Send Me To Heaven' Phone Game Has Been Banned By Apple, by babafunny(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Apple.com: Apple team made public it has acquired Perceptio; an artificial intelligence company that develops software that can classify photos on a mobile... more details follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/apple-snap-perceptio-photo-natural-intelligence-company/

(1) (Reply)

Can This Story Make Front Page? By Orfankwagh / Help Us In Helping A Fellow FUNABBITE! / Shocking! See What Doctors Found Inside This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.