Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Association Of Programmers In Nigeria - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Association Of Programmers In Nigeria (21634 Views)

In Need Of Programmers / The 5 Types Of Programmers / The Eight Levels Of Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Kenny(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2009
Nigeria Computer Society needs a lot to do to encourage this.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Flexcubed: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2009
I agree with yawa-ti-de, I think what we need are usergroups like we have in Adobe, msdn etc today.
Maybe from usergroups, the larger association of programmers can then evolve. Usergroups are targeted at specific technologies and exists to foster sharing of ideas and concepts as they evolve.

There 're heap of guys out there that really want to get to know programming but find it decidedly difficult to learn on their own.
I thank God for myself cos am self taught but some still have to be taught and will very much be willing to assist them. I own www.flexcubed.com and www.lumzy.com (still in beta) and have made a living out of it with over 2,500 paying clients across the world in 3 years. I have made friends in almost all the countries of the world today albeit I've only traveled once.
I wish to share same knowledge with other Nigerians, the only fear is that people tend to want to learn cos of the money but you'll never be good if money is the primary purpose of learning. I think a Usergroup will proofer better opportunity and platform to share knowledge and assist other people, telling them that instead of fraud, they can make good money and be valuable to the world.

Am a Professional Actionscript programmer. AS2, AS3 and Flash Lite.
I major in Flash, Flex and AIR Components and have worked with Adobe on Flash Player 9.
I reside in Lagos Nigeria.

Olumide
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by brightokon: 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2009
I believe starting by bringing all Nigerian coders to one forum will be a very good starting pint so that companies and government interested in hireling good programmer can have a community where they can find them.

There is a new forum for such

www.codersporch.com

If you are a programmer and you are not part of this forum within the next couple of months when Jim and his guys will be looking for good Nigerians, you don miss be dat ooo.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by MrWhizkid: 10:20am On Mar 18, 2009
Hi kogite good thinking product, Indeed this we unite all of us, netwoking one another to a more challenging task ahead. Kudos. undecided
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by adaideh1: 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2009
I like your idea it sounds blowing. I will like to join in the association of programmers.
Thanks,

Kingstechng ICT. cool
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Rogo: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2009
bema technologies in full support
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by izzau(m): 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2009
hi does any body knows where i can get training in RSLogix 5000 Program for the Allen-Bradley Contrologix system in oil and gas sector in nigeria?.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by handyx: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2009
hi guys,

i really want to show my sincere happinness for the contribution of everybody on this project "Association of Programmers in Nigeria".

Starting on the list:

paule
smithdan
obicauka
musty7
nerdylarry
Big Star
yawa-ti-de (f)
ack
Afam (m)
Lagos, Nigeria
sirlisir
handyx
javalove (m)
OmniPotens
alex406 (m)
hackney (m)
RichyBlacK (m)
njar
osites (m)
Hakeemval
flynx
femofemo (m)
dammytosh
obicauka
musty7
nerdylarry
Big Star
yawa-ti-de (f)
ack
Afam (m)
Lagos, Nigeria
sirlisir
handyx
javalove (m)
OmniPotens
alex406 (m)
hackney (m)
RichyBlacK (m)
njar
osites (m)
Hakeemval
flynx
femofemo (m)
dammytosh

like i once said we are already doing something like that here in Abuja and one of the recent activity was a seminar on Web Development at Tofa House on 25/02/09. which members were free to attend witout paying one naira except in some case when a new member wants to register at the venue. so i implore all of you who are interested in joining this movement to sign up at www.handyxinfotech.net/blog or meet other members and chat LIVE at www.handyxinfotech.net/chat. check them out!
now we are collaborating with media houses and NITDA to promote our Plights

it not just a talk of mouth, its reality.

our objective is to build a community of Programmers in C#, ASP.net, PHP, PERL, HTML, ActionScript, VB.net etc.
and build highly sophisticated applications that can compete with anyone in the world.

you are quite welcome to join the forum online, directly from the www.handyxinfotech.net/blog[free!] as a standard member!

but

for Platinum Members you register online then Register in Person at any of our Monthly seminars where you will be given a special code number and a certificate of membership and a copy of our Terms & Conditions.

Major benefits:
- Attend our seminars free
- Get Training materials at discount
- Opportunity to Bid for software development project contracts
- Participate in our Annual Exhibition of locally made S/W
- PArticipate in Projects
- etc

Please for more information Call [Aliyu] 234805 121 2163
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by osites(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2009
@handyx, nice move.i am in bauchi/gombe @ the moment (follow up, support/upgrade for the states biometric verification project)n will holler as soon as i get into ABJ.we need to talk bout my new S/W project (retinal scanning for authentication).

take care n keep it real.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by updateAk47(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2009
I got u right, and I am highly impressed for this great innovation. All these associations started somewhere. We can start something better. Perhaps the going might be tough initially but we would get there.

Thanks
Ojulari
CTO, Information Engineering Tech.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by kencas: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2009
Lets kick off please.I have flare for enterprise systems.Please we could choose a date for the initial meeting.If possible i could lead. Consider this guys
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by kencas: 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2009
Handyxinclude me in the list
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Bumhe(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2009
I agree with the notion that an exclusive body of programmers should be set up. In some of the responses, someone mentioned Indians and Americans not being better than we and stuff. This I also agree with;but let me bring to the notice of concerned persons the need for us to make meaniful impact we need to look beyond java, C sharp, and the microsoft languages and hone our skills in the area of device programming and other low level stuff; only then will we not be playing a mere game of survival and feel good.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by kencas: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2009
i agree with the last comment.C is the best language as far am concerned.Lets start from here.I don't know whether any researcher in Nigeria have delved into exclusive research like GENETIC PROGRAMMING,GENETIC ALGORITHM,embedded systems,Real-time Interfacing system etc.Lets work together.We have the skills here in Nigeria.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by handyx: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2009
@Osite, how far whats popping?
good to know that you keeping the spirit high.
good luck

try and register on that site, a seminar will be coming up next month and we will send Invitations all registereed members. and S/W exhibition is slated for August 2009. take kia
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by kencas: 11:14am On Mar 25, 2009
Handyx, Which site to register?has the association been incorporated?i'm really Interested
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by charlesama: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2009
Hi, I have a company named MoreThanEnough Corporation located in Benue State that's into software development and marketing. Our website is www.morethanenoughcorp.com. Thanks.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by jeffman(m): 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
we are really doing well.
i would however like us to work on our software design and engineering skills, project mgmt skills, user support skills and problem domain knowledge
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by DisGuy: 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2009
I agree with AFAM!

now we are collaborating with media houses and NITDA to promote our Plights

it not just a talk of mouth, its reality.

You ideas are cool but what do they promote really? they promote your association as in
you want people to know you guys exist or you guy have products or are capable of producing them

WHY DONT YOU GUYS DEVELOP A SOFTWARE THEN DONATE IT TO A LOCAL SCHOOL OR LOCAL HEALTH CENTRE
YOU CAN ALSO DISPLAY HOW IT WORKS ON TV OR ON YOUTUBE!!

kudos
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by natura: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2009
Thanks everyone. am really excited coming across an issue like this. Having been programming close to 10 years now, is really sad to see that one does not have a network of associate nationally to team up with. Basically, i suggest we get straight to action. first we create a forum site and register with appropriate bodies, then we go in search for sponsorship and carry out wide publicity. before we know it, we are controlling the world. Yes we can! Please lets get started now.

Regards,
John I. Adeghe
Software Engineer and Beta Developer to Microvision Inc. USA.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by handyx: 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2009
hi guys keep the spirit high!

dis guy and afam i dont have to argue wit you. its very obvious that u two dont buy the idea. just wait and see.

for the rest of the guys keep you fingeers crossed good times are ahead.

ITAN are already working with us now!

to register click www.handyxinfotech.net/blog

to enquire live chat www.handyxinfotech.net/chat

for more info 0805 121 2163
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by kencas: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2009
Handyx u line is not available.Better still call 08034275706 so we can talk
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Afam(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2009
handyx:

dis guy and afam i dont have to argue wit you. its very obvious that u two dont buy the idea. just wait and see.

Thanks for understanding that arguing this matter won't make sense. Wait and see what?

handyx:

ITAN are already working with us now!

Even if Obama and the owners of Google, Yahoo and Facebook begin to work with you on this issue without any tangible or reasonable demonstrable projects that shows that indeed our developers are not just pretending or claiming to be developers trust me there is nothing to look forward to.

I sincerely wish you good luck in this association thing.

Where are the applications that Nigerian developers are developing? Are they hidden in cupboards or what?
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by candylips(m): 10:11am On Apr 01, 2009
Why another association when you already have NCS.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by handyx: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2009
ask urself is NCS standing for programmers? NO

there is no organisation that stand out for US, so we are doing this 4 ourselves by ourselves.

the name Nigerian Association of Programmers (NAPs) is here to stay. pls put that at the back of your mind.

now the issue is that ITAN, NCS, and others are there but check them out they are just bunch of business men and not programmers. mark me!

we are programmers! we are here to revolutionizze the Software industry, so please take note:

to join our creed register at www.handyxinfotech.net/blog or chat with me live at www.handyxinfotech.net/chat. Cheers for the NEPsTizens!
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by lyfe(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ Smithdan
Nice Pics there, was that a studio, Nice Bground, cool sp cool cs
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2009
Hi

I have been in software development and testing for about 4 years but i am based in the U.k and would love to be part of this Movement

thanks
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by raredove(m): 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2009
a
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:31am On May 01, 2009
so what are the association of programmers doing in nigeria

do they have any practical programmes for the nigerian users

what exactly do they do sef? or what are they planning to do?
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by 127agbalay: 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2010
ok guys enough talk,,
we need to start something,

Im thinking , does any 1 ones a free domain and web space am capale of building a sourceforge like site with blogs and stuff strictly for naija coders

any 1 with d space holla, i will build in 5 weeks,
and pls start getting ready to host reat projects which d worl can use and appriciate
127agbalaya@gmail.com
08134601704 !!!
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by DisGuy: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2010
one year on, Im still waiting for the first nigerian Apps for Ipod, Nokia, etc etc

tongue tongue
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by trojand: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2010
Coming together to form the association is good idea, but there must be some level of regulation.
Years of application design and coding experience, nature of coding experience ( i dont want to rub mind with guys that do copy and paste, or framework gurus)
You must have implemented full OO logic design with coding in C++/Java/ C# and any of the high level scripting language like python, perl, PHP,javascript with not less than 3 verifiable years of solid experience before you are eligible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Review My Price comparison engine / Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer / Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.