Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" (4073 Views)

Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News / What Tinubu's 'The Nation' Wrote About Buhari's Media Chat / Buhari, Tinubu Arrive Emir Of Borgu’s Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by missbehave247(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Emir of Borgu Halliru Dantoro in an interview granted to the Thisday has explained why he made Bola Ahmed Tinubu “The Jagaban”, meaning “Leader of warriors”.

Dantoro said that he had a common interest with the national leader of the All Progressives Congress Tinubu when it came to telling the truth.

His words: “I knew Bola Ahmed Tinubu when we were at the National Assembly as senators. He belonged to a different party (SDP) while I was in NRC. But we had a common interest when it came to telling the truth. We said it as it was then. He knew
my vision even when the June 12 issue was in the front burner. I could see the injustices and I stood by fairness because I detest injustice.

“You can see that I identified myself with the aspiration of Nigerians. At one time he said he wanted me to go and see Late Chief Moshood Kashimawo Abiola but I told him I never had any
need from Abiola. If I went there, that meant I was going there for money. But what we were doing was right and posterity will judge us. So we had a lot of things in common and we had been friends since then.

“He saw me as being straightforward, honest and sincere in all my dealings with him. Not for any material gain. In fact, when I began my legal sojourn in the Emirship tussle he also supported me in terms of advice because it was a tough battle for me. It was tough taking on the government and we had to employ the services of a senior advocate of Nigeria in the person of Wole Olanipekun.

“When God made me the Emir I said this man was there when I was in dire need of help so why can’t I use my position to make him what I feel will help him in future politically. That was why I honoured him with the title of ‘Jagaban.’ Jagaban means
‘Leader of Warriors.”

Jagaban is a title, which has gained prominence, particularly among different followers and political allies. But not many are aware that the chieftaincy title was bestowed on the former senator by His Royal Highness, Alhaji Haliru Dantoro III, the Emir of Borgu (New Bussa, Niger State).

The Borgu Emirate is a Nigerian traditional state with its capital in New Bussa. It was formed in 1954 when the Bussa and Kaiama emirates were merged.

Source: http://www.naij.com/466758-emir-of-borgu-revealed-why-he-made-tinubu-the-jagaban.html

1 Share

Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by INTROVERT(f): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
It fits him.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by demmy0325(m): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by freshness2020: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
..Jagaban don expire...
..Ofuna Nke toro Biaty (water don pass garri dis time)..grin grin
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by Young03(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by kromoto: 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
The same North is making frantic effort to make him insignificant!
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by Starships4u(m): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by MalcoImX: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
kromoto:
The same North is making frantic effort to make him insignificant!
You people were happy and saying his wings were clipped by the election of Saraki, only to now turn and accuse the North of what you orchestrated.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by marv1: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
J-A-G-A-B-A-N
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
And dey wan un-jagaban am

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by kromoto: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
MalcoImX:
You people were happy and saying his wings were clipped by the election of Saraki, only to now turn and accuse the North of what you orchestrated.

Do you know me?
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by demmy0325(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
Space for sale..
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
Indomitable JAGABAN.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by MalcoImX: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
kromoto:

Do you know me?
Do I have to know you?
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by kromoto: 8:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
MalcoImX:
Do I have to know you?

Then, you just ranted baselessly! Wasted shot.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by spako4(m): 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
freshness2020:
..Jagaban don expire...
..Ofuna Nke toro Biaty (water don pass garri dis time)..grin grin
Don't think evil about a fellow human being.
May God forgive you.
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by laurel03(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
Tinubu .... Eja ni nubu
Re: Emir Of Borgu Revealed Why He Made Tinubu "The Jagaban" by zenith4biz(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
Seen

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Misunderstood: (true Confession) Am Beginning To Like The Man / People Fleeing Their Homes Following Boko Haram Attack In Borno (Pics) / PDP In Support Of Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina As VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.