Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting (684 Views)

Governor Ortom Rolls On The Floor, Prays, Begs God For Forgiveness / The Foolishness Of Niger Delta Avengers And Stupidity Of Chevron / How TAMBUWAL Betrayed Tinubu, Begs For Forgiveness!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by Afromalaika(m): 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
Religion, Weaknesses & Self consolation- A case study of the Charleston Shooting.

I watched with a heavy heart yesterday when the kin of those killed in the Charleston Church come out one after the other to forgive the killer; Dylan Roof.

This pattern of forgiveness I observe is common to the Black Americans when their oxen are gored.

The spate and the speed in which the murderer was forgiven leaves more to be desired.

Is this forgiveness borne out of cowardice/weaknesses, religion or self consolation? The answer to this question seems rhetoric.

I took exemption to this type of forgiveness expecially when the culprit has not sought for such or showed remorse for his actions or in actions.

I sense there is more to this forgiveness as pronounced on National TV. or perhaps, my reservation on the Christian teachings of forgiveness.

You may wish to set the lines straight but I strongly opine that this is a pure case of cowardice and inferiority complex of the Black people in the United States.
Re: Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by raayah(f): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Its a religious thing.

1 Like

Re: Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by Afromalaika(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
raayah:
Its a religious thing.
If this is a religious injunction, I fear the Black Americans are taken it too far. Can't they just show a strong nerve for once?
Re: Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by phyllosilicate(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
Things are going on behind the scene, if it was a muslim that did the shooting, they would be saying they need justice.
Re: Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by rawpadgin(m): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
they are stupid
Re: Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
raayah:
Its a religious thing.
Hello

1 Like

Re: Stupidity Of Forgiveness - Charleston Shooting by Afromalaika(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
I think the Church should be separated from the state. This is a purely criminal case, forgiveness in this wise should be personal.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Is The Leader Of APC – Garba Shehu / EFCC Grants Ex-minister Etete Bail Over $1.1 Bn Malabu Fraud - Premium Times / America Legalises Same Sex Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.