Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall (34367 Views)

Buhari Sends Northern Governors To South-East On ‘Peace Mission’ / Abdulsalami Abubakar Off To A Peace Mission In Kaduna (Pics) / APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 4:13am On Jun 22, 2015
tonychristopher:

So benin are Yoruba. ...that is a new one ..pls educate us how the benin Metamorphed and evolved to the almighty Yoruba
As of saraki I rest my case...I will believe what the man said about himself and his Fulani origin rather than you ..so pls forget this saraki issue
Gist us about how benin are now Yoruba ..we are waiting
You av the internet at your disposal,google it.Why is Oba of Benin "Oba" & not "King" of Benin
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 4:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Johnrake69:

Gowon never issued any order in respect to Awo' s release. The order was issued by Ironsi before he was murdered and mind you Ojukwu who controlled the Eastern region was not bound by that. Ojukwu was in a position to keep Awo in prison till after the civil war.
Young man,you cant change the history of Nigeria.It is in the book of history
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by creamyzone: 4:52am On Jun 22, 2015
dabigwalls:

You know when a writer is not a kid.

Tanx bro
Many kids on nairaland
Some expressing ignorance
Some regurgitating thrash
Its a general forum though so anyone can comment in their own opinion

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by creamyzone: 4:57am On Jun 22, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

so who is the Yoruba person that gave his father Olusola

Secondly, Saraki is actually a Yoruba name not a Fulani name.

Thirdly, the man is Fulani-Yoruba, that's just the Ilorin thing from time memorial and I don't see why there should be an argument about this.

To me the guy is Yoruba-Fulani and I guess he uses both heritage when it suits him.

Tanx my brother
You really have a newNigerianMind.
Just like I explained to him and all he kept saying was saraki is a fulani name and bukola is a fulani man that originated from mali. This tonychristopher guy is just so ignorant.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by creamyzone: 5:24am On Jun 22, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

You just made a fool of yourself, the Herbert Macaulay example is actually a pointer that you are not a serious person. Your argument holds no water.

Herbert Macaulay himself claims he is from Lagos state and even stated where he from in Lagos. You disregarded who Herbert said he is but you accept who you claim Saraki said he is, can you see the stupidity in your logic.

secondly, you claim Saraki is a Fulani, until we pointed it to you that is is actually a Yoruba name. In your new response you shifted ground that the name was adopted to control the people, so since you know this why did you lie the name saraki is Fulani name when it is not.

Thirdly you said his mother gave him the name Bukola, I asked you to please educate us who gave his father Olusola, no answer.

Lastly, saraki said he came from Mali, I wish to also point it out to you that there is part of Yoruba history that claim Yorubas came from Mali, I don't see how what saraki claim is different from this account.

All I see here is that you are a bigot and you will believe only the part of the story that suits your bigoted mind.

shalom.

Please educate him. This tonychristopher guy is just a clown. I don't know who told him herbert macaulay is from seirra leone. We all know those are names from the slave trade era. Yorubas up till now bare names like savage, dacosta, williams, crowther, wellington, cole, johnson, thomas, craig etc.

I don't know where "tonychristopher" got the logic that the mother named him bukola. Its common knowledge that fathers name their kids in yoruba land and most tribes in Nigeria. So the man called olushola that he refers to as fulani also named his three other kids gbemisola, olaolu and bola. Both Olushola and Saraki are yoruba names. Kwara is just zoned to the north central, it is made up of over 50% yorubas and other tribes like baruten, tapa, fulani etc.

Having said that please let us drop this tribal issue. Bukola saraki is a Nigerian and qualified to be senate president so also his deputy ekeweremadu from the south east. APC leaders should bring down their ego and support them so we can all enjoy the dividends of democracy. Otherwise buhari's government may fail... God bless Nigeria
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 5:49am On Jun 22, 2015
creamyzone:

Please educate him. This tonychristopher guy is just a clown. I don't know who told him herbert macaulay is from seirra leone. We all know those are names from the slave trade era. Yorubas up till now bare names like savage, dacosta, williams, crowther, wellington, cole, johnson, thomas, craig etc.

I don't know where "tonychristopher" got the logic that the mother named him bukola. Its common knowledge that fathers name their kids in yoruba land and most tribes in Nigeria. So the man called olushola that he refers to as fulani also named his three other kids gbemisola, olaolu and bola. Both Olushola and Saraki are yoruba names. Kwara is just zoned to the north central, it is made up of over 50% yorubas and other tribes like baruten, tapa, fulani etc.

Having said that please let us drop this tribal issue. Bukola saraki is a Nigerian and qualified to be senate president so also his deputy ekeweremadu from the south east. APC leaders should bring than their ego and support them so we can all enjoy the dividends of democracy. Otherwise buhari's government may fail... God bless Nigeria

These Yoruba people una no dey tire...saraki talk say him na Fulani ...wetin u come dey vex for the matter ...go tell am na

Wetin be this seff..a man talk say he no be Yoruba na by force

Nawa for people seff
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 5:51am On Jun 22, 2015
Luukasz:
You av the internet at your disposal,google it.Why is Oba of Benin "Oba" & not "King" of Benin

No you are the one that said benin are Yoruba ...pls tell the world how

This is how you lie ....oduduwa was a benin man...
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by LAGrejectIBO: 7:01am On Jun 22, 2015
oluspencer:

We are not doing the Goodluck "AZIKWE" of 2011 we are talking of the Bukola who's a brother to Gbemisola. Will are talking about the son of Olusola who happen to be the husband of Toyin.

This Olu is badt guy. grin
You are a sniper! Chei, see finishing!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by LAGrejectIBO: 7:05am On Jun 22, 2015
tonychristopher:

No you are the one that said benin are Yoruba ...pls tell the world how

This is how you lie ....oduduwa was a benin man...

Benin is Yoruba. Edo is not Yoruba.

If you want to know how go and review their art and history.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by LAGrejectIBO: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2015
tonychristopher:

These Yoruba people una no dey tire...saraki talk say him na Fulani ...wetin u come dey vex for the matter ...go tell am na

Wetin be this seff..a man talk say he no be Yoruba na by force

Nawa for people seff

So how come he has Yoruba name but no Fulani name?
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 8:05am On Jun 22, 2015
tonychristopher:

No you are the one that said benin are Yoruba ..pls tell the world how
This is how you lie oduduwa was a benin man.
Yes the people of Benin & Edo are 1000% Yorubas.as for ODUDUWA now i know av been talking with a dunce.Benin is one of the 7 children of ODUDUWA store it in your brain..Ask anybody from Benin or Edo they will tell you it is.I dont have the time to lecture Dullards.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 8:06am On Jun 22, 2015
tonychristopher:

No you are the one that said benin are Yoruba ..pls tell the world how
This is how you lie oduduwa was a benin man.
Yes the people of Benin & Edo are 1000% Yorubas.as for ODUDUWA now i know av been talking with a dunce.Benin is one of the 7 children of ODUDUWA store it in your brain..Ask anybody from Benin or Edo they will tell you it is.I dont have the time to lecture Dullards.
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Luukasz(m): 8:10am On Jun 22, 2015
LAGrejectIBO:

Benin is Yoruba. Edo is not Yoruba.
If you want to know how go and review their art and history.
Edo people also have a link with the Yorubas
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by tonychristopher: 9:31am On Jun 22, 2015
Luukasz:

Is that so...nawa ..revisionism has been perfected
Re: APC Crisis: Obasanjo’s Peace Mission Hits Brick Wall by Johnrake69: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Finally, what transpired between Ojukwu and Awolowo is between them, they are both dead may their souls rest in peace.

Amen ooo... Life is for the living. How are you doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Visits Murdured Tajudeen Disu, Lekki Free Zone Boss Family (Photos) / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Ohakim Donates Car, Cash To Obiageli Pini Onyegbaduo, Widow Of His Late Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.