Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love (6272 Views)

Eba Eating Food Competition ( OMG!!! See Swallow) / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most / Fruits You Hate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by timmfikk(m): 3:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
Fhemmmy:

I remember when i was dating one babe from Ondo state and we visited her aunt. meanwhile, i don't eat pepper or anything spicy, we got to the aunt's house, and i was kind of shy, so she cooked with Jamaican hot pepper, the food was served, and i tasted it, it was bitterly and suiciderly hot, but i was forming big boy, i ate some and i started sweating like a pig, the aunt asked, what happened, i said, i am kool, the my girls, said, damn,,,,,i remember you don't eat pepper.
I will never try that again in my life, because i was so sick afterwards, wasnt funny at all.

This is really crazy mehn, what a funny stuff
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by bani(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2008
, lots of misunderstanding here, first you have to state what level of the economical strata you guys are on.
i mean, imagine the guy is the bread winner and they depend on him, you must like what he eats wether theres love or no love.
and if u arent married and you want to hook d dude, u might be permited to 'love' him n eat what he likes even if it displeases you, kapish!!!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by meteor(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2008
Food is not a factor of love.Personally,I ll attempt to enjoy any food my woman gets passionate about; but if gets difficult, i ll let her know i cant. No amount of luv ll make me eat 'ewedu'.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by subice(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2008
Well, I'll certainly try to give it a go, but only at home, never outside. If my system still rejects it, then that's it, no more. That's why people are different, we don't all like the same things.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by ChiefS(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2008
I ate dog meat the 1st and only time during my courtship with my wife smiley smiley smiley
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Moyola(f): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2008
lailai!!

noin will mak me eat such undecided
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by kumbalo(m): 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2008
I definitely wouldn't eat what she eats if i don't like it or if i consider it bad for my health all in the name of love: for all i care she can take what she wants while i take mine too

abi ?
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by libertyinc: 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2008
it depends on a whole lot of factors which range from health,religious beliefs and so on.for me if eating food you hate is a way of demonstrating how much you love someone,then go right ahead and DO IT!!!,as long as it's not going to affect your health negatively or go against your religous beliefs.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2008
ChiefS:

I ate dog meat the 1st and only time during my courtship with my wife smiley smiley smiley

0mo!! guy u try o, how pesin go chop bingo AKA 404 all in the name of love.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by totalari: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2008
you dont have to eat any food to impress any one, if someone loves u he/she should accept u the way u are and couples must respect each others likes and dislike, my hubby enjoys amala a lot but he knows l can never eat it and he respects that.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by maedan(f): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2008
he never forced me, but for love I had to start liking oats b/c it's his fav cereal. Imagine that's the usual breakfast you prepare for him and you don't eat it with him. I hate anything soft and wet and hot, I prefer cold, crunchy cereal, but noone told me before I started downing Quaker oats daily. Love strong no be small.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by plappville(f): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2008
adusol:

0mo!! guy u try o, how pesin go chop bingo AKA 404 all in the name of love.

Very funny i laugh welwel ooo, ((((BINGO))))  Calabar people go really go prison tire if them come stay for oyibo man land,

because them like to eat dog and oyibo people like their dog pet even pass human strangers.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by gabelogan(m): 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2008
i had eaten food i hated a whole lotta times when i was dating an akata.

during my first experience, she invited me over to her place for lunch. i was excited, i though i was going for a buffet so i didnt eat before i left home. when i got there, wetin i see: one kind rice, without stew or sauce, plenty vegetables (she said it was steamed) and fried chicken. i left her place dissapointed and hungry.

the part i hated most about the relationship was the food. na so-so lasagna, spagetti and meatballs, fried chicken, oat meals, pizza, etc.

on the other hand, she liked nigerian food. she always ate plantain, agege bread and puff-puff.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by KarmaMod(f): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
you dont like fried chicken?

was watermelon included

grin grin grin
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2008
gabe_logan:

the part i hated most about the relationship was the food. na so-so lasagna, spagetti and meatballs, fried chicken, oat meals, pizza, etc.

on the other hand, she liked nigerian food. she always ate plantain, agege bread and puff-puff.

guy u harsh o! the poor girl prepared 'intercontinental dish' for u, and her introduction to nigerian food was agege bread and puff-puff!!!

did u also give her bolly and groundnut? what of guguru and epa? grin grin grin grin
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
@ topic

i'm open to trying new food, but i will never force anything i don't like down my throat. sorry. love no reach the all important matter of belle satisfaction.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Tawak: 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2008
i will as long as it's not poison
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nnenna1(f): 2:38am On Oct 29, 2008
I don't think it's a big deal. How do I know that I'll hate something I've never eaten before? Even if I hated it sef, I might just be in a situation that warrants courtesy by eating the food. An example might be at the inlaw or family gathering or something. Do I say no and reject it?

I mean, if you went on a business trip to a country with food staples you hated, and you just so happen to have dinner at a important prospect's place, will you reject his/her food? I'm calling on the career-oriented people here.

It's just food. If you can do for money, then I think you can steel yourself for love too.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by egoldman(m): 3:06am On Oct 29, 2008
No amount of love will make me eat dog or pork meat , period angry angry
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by ofunna(m): 5:29am On Oct 29, 2008
egoldman:

No amount of love will make me eat dog or pork meat , period angry angry
well for me i think is a SIN to take in what u don't want too, No matter what i have inside for the person or people i will never eat with i don't like, So to me i think all this is bullshit,
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by UNLEASHED(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2008
Me eat poison in the name of love?? bombo love!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by cindynoah: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2008
In the name of love I will never eat something i don't like, not even eat a live Egyptian stinky white cheese that can almost walk out of the plate.
To hell with love! This is a rotten covenant.

Eating what your lover likes want make you committed.
It won't grow a hill of beens either.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by nomanicole(f): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2008
chop wetin i no like,BOMB!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by nomanicole(f): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2008
heyyyyyyyyy! this thread is so funny,sha like i said earlier,i can't eat what i dont like,like if i chop beans now i go pudge the whole day,i cant be subjected to such misery.Then pork meat,if you like strangle me,point AK 4 my head, oh boy!carry on o!.love my foot! if the man loves me,he'll understand that i can't and will not be forced to
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by sexyLeamon(f): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2008
I do not know which kind of hate is that because I can't say love
like hell no I wouldn't do that
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by 1stclass: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2008
[size=14pt]All of you are just talking. If you happen to be in that program 'FEAR FACTOR' i believe u guys will definitely eat anything.[/size]
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by argent(f): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2008
FEAR WHAT !!! shocked shocked
Nothing will make me eat those nasty things for money
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Angelheart: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
Okoro, Shit, its nasty,
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Owugal(f): 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2008
I started eating Fufu because of my husband. before I met him, I had only eaten fufu twice in my over 25 years of existence and I hated it. I didnt hate it totaly, It was palatable because of the soup. I try to avoid eating it now and whenever I have made it for him and he wants me to eat with him, I tell him, I am no longer hungry. I have tried weird foods in the name of love though.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Tatase(f): 6:32am On Oct 30, 2008
I've done it before in the name of familial and platonic love.

1.) I was visiting my uncle and aunt and my uncle woke up early the day I was leaving and made omelettes with like sardine, onions, peppers and tomatoes. My aunt was like "he never does that, he made it especially for you because you're leaving and he wants to do something nice for you. The thing is i HATE onions. Like that is a no go area. It's not possible. I don't play that. But I felt bad and so out of love, I swallowed that ish like it was my medicine. It was truely the worst thing I've ever eaten but I kept that smile on my face and was very gracious about it. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

2.) My best friend and my roommate from undergrad who is the sweetest, nicest american girl decided to make jollof rice for me on my birthday as in for a surprise party and she was soooooooo proud of her efforts and it was really a cute thing to do and she was like how is it how is it like really earnest and excited and i felt so bad, I was like lying of my butt saying it was really close to the real thing and really tasty etc and really it was honestly the nastiest thing ever. But I ate not 1 but 2 helpings out of love.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by amaechijay: 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2008
Lai, lai! I won't eat anything I hate in the name of love o

I hate mushrooms nd if my partner cooked it as a meal, then "OYO" (On Your Own)

I will opt for something else.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by ndubuisio1: 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2008
Listen! i wouldn eat poison cos she wants me to or cos i ought to impress.common! thats not love.I remember taking her to crunches oneday.U didn expect me to watch her eat without doing the same.I had to but almost vomited the whole junk right there.u know why? cos am alergic all those junks.So i don't have to eat in the name of love.Its unatural.And when its unatural its not love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health, Skin, Hair & Cooking Benefits Of Our Unrefined Sea Salt / Miracle Seed For Weight Loss, Infection And Infertility Problems / Unripe Plantain And Cow Leg Porridge In Groundnut Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.