Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love (6271 Views)

Eba Eating Food Competition ( OMG!!! See Swallow) / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most / Fruits You Hate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by topkin(m): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2008
It's simple. Love is not measured by the sacrifices u make on behalf of your partner. It's just being who you are and both of u accepting those things u can't change and finding a common ground for it. Don't lay your death bed all in the name of love,
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by ndubuisio1: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2008
Listen! i wouldn eat poison cos she wants me to or cos i ought to impress her.common! thats not love.I remember taking her to crunches oneday.U didn expect me to watch her eat without doing the same.I had to but almost vomited the whole junk right there.u know why? cos am alergic  toall those junks.So i don't have to eat in the name of love.Its unatural.And when its unatural its not love.

Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by iice(f): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2008
@Topic. No way Jose
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by jaguda(m): 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2008
Just page 1 and can't help gringringringringringringringringrin laughing. the moment i saw the title of the thread, i was like, No WAY, not even for love and i guese dats d verdict. one day i go one small chop chop for Oceanview restaurant with some telecoms guys, Bruce Lee come serve food for one revolving table(1st sin) i just dey on the look out for rice and anything, but for one course, dem serve corn soup, see people dey drink soup dey smile, but omo boy want vomit, i gast to stop (funny eoff Corn na my daily bread ooo). Since dat day, no corn soup for me.

Anoda time, na ekpang Nkukwo for Calabar (mashed cocoyam porridge), sorry i no fit pretend.Even mfi i no sabi suck. and all thesena for Naija o, maybe dat na one reason y i still perch for Naija dey enjoy the jaga jaga country.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2008
yeah

i did not believe i could do it until i emptied the plates embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

the last time i ate akpu was 1993

my ex invited on x mas day two years ago and offered me akpu in front of her mum and other elders in her house

i got so angry, it was disgusting and i never tried it since them

i guess love was what made me eat it, shameful i guess grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by snazzydawn(f): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2008
@ topic hell no
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by blackkabir: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2008
carmelily, it's ben a long time no seen no ask, i want to use ths opportunity to hello to u and how are u doing, this is kabir ur formaer colleague in zaria.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by slyk2(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
no way!
thanks love am not gonna eat!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by bingbong(f): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
if u eat d foood it's b'cos u want to. wink
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by mummysgirl: 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2008
i can't eat the food i hate

just because of love oh!!!!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by bethsy: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2008
for my husband i can try but for some one else i wont
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by hunniebomb(f): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2008
if its food that am allergic too, which kin love be that, i can't eat the food. but if its food that i outright hate or dislike, i will eat it (if it was a surprise). but if my boyfriend or husband (when the time comes) knows that i don't like the food and went ahead to cook it, i will just wish him "bon appetite".
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by gentledove(f): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2008
@ poster,

once you start with PRETENCE, you will end with it. i wont eat poision or food i am allergic to because of love. that will be foolishness of the highest order.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by clem2love(m): 12:55am On Nov 08, 2008
if you relly love ,you will do any thing,
even sellyour eyes for the one you love
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by IsiomaIgwe(f): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2008
For my husband I tried to enjoy Garri, and garden eggs but I simply hate the stuff! Yuck!
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by chiwaochi: 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2008
Love is blind they say but i think is sacrifice and respect so be wise about it peace out.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by frecklesnz: 7:37am On Nov 11, 2008
This is amazing to me. 

We are brought up to eat the food provided to us as a matter of respect and as a mark of being an adult.   Showing picky, fussy food behaviour  is for babies and also very disrespectful.

This has been a huge difficulty for my husband and I.  He is From Delta State.  I'm from NZ.  Seeing so many here  having this fussy I am the most important person and will never suffer anything even for love is a real eye opener. 

When I am in Nigeria I eat every thing that is provided as a matter of respect.   Oh yes by the way I hate Draw soup and I ate it every day for a month until my husband finally told his sister not to cook it for him as he is tired of the same food every day. 

If we are at home it is good to try and provide the best and tastiest food for your husband,  but when you are out to dinner in a different country and with a different culture it is important to try and respect that culture.  My husband does try and cope now as he has understands it is a matter of respect. 

Also I still find all this I will never suffer anything for my husband or my wife rather sad.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by angelina08(f): 8:20am On Nov 14, 2008
Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love, "Yes" I can eat any types of food you hated most, but in the name of love. Because it was presended with love if it's Lunch or Denner i can eat it.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by drrionelli(m): 2:58am On Nov 18, 2008
It is important that those who we love (as well as those we don't) have as much respect for us as we should have for them. Which is to say that I would not eat that which does not appeal to me.

It is one thing to share the experiences of the lives of others, but it is quite another to try to live those same lives.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by mohawkchic(f): 6:46am On Nov 21, 2008
~In order to Hate choose Not To Eat certain foods,you  have to at least try it right? undecided Most of the foods i do not eat,i havent even tasted,but over the years,i have been cajoled to at least taste some of those food on my I-don't-Eat- list by my Ex! I am grateful for the experience!!It wasnt really about me hating the food,it was just about me having a mind-set to choose what food i'd eat  & the food i wasnt keen on trying:some i do eat now however there are some i wouldnt want to Will NoT taste at all in the name of love!!- like Liver,Oysters,Shrimp,Dry Fish . . .Erm  No Thanks!!Love go die Ooh cheesy If i was faced in a catch 22 suitation tho . . about to die & they're the only food for survival . .  hell yeah!!  grin prolly be grossed out but hey what choice will i have?!!  wink
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by A40(m): 2:08am On Nov 22, 2008
I wouldn't a woman that can't cook is a no-no for me ooh my love would not be strong enough to carry that burden forever
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by flocy: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2008
I dislike that kind of love.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by ayobase(m): 6:46pm On Nov 24, 2008
should I eat poisoncos i love her?
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by tosinadeda: 11:43am On Nov 26, 2008
@topic
no way i eat want i like and want
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by ejim2k8: 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
what if them ask u to eat wetin u no d use to or somthing way d disturb u abeg no try am o
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2008
hey
U dnt have to pretend that u like the food becos u love him
thats nonsense
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by tosinadeda: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2008
bluntpis:

hey
U dnt have to pretend that u like the food because u love him
thats nonsense
absolute nonsense u mean grin
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by CrazyMan(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2008
If the food is delicious, I can consider changing my mind about it. But if its awful, I wouldn't taste it no matter how much I love the girl.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by tosinadeda: 12:41am On Nov 29, 2008
crazykid:

If the food is delicious, I can consider changing my mind about it. But if its awful, I wouldn't taste it no matter how much I love the girl.

y hate in the first place if the food is delicious
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by CrazyMan(m): 8:39am On Nov 29, 2008
Tribal issues my dear. Lets say you're a yoruba guy and you're getting married to a hausa girl. Their dishes would taste awful at first, but as time goes on you might begin to like some of them. And there would be some of their dishes that no matter how much you love the girl, you would never like it. So that's what am saying.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by angelina08(f): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2008
"Yes" Someone can eat food he or she hate in the name of love, because with love and trust any thing can happen.
Re: Eating Food You Hate In The Name Of Love by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2008
angelina08:

"Yes" Someone can eat food he or she hate in the name of love, because with love and trust any thing can happen.

hmmm really, even if the food cud upset ur stomach for weeks, haba. Love go just kill u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recipe For Gurundi And Shuku Shuki / Health, Skin, Hair & Cooking Benefits Of Our Unrefined Sea Salt / Miracle Seed For Weight Loss, Infection And Infertility Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.