Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations (22657 Views)

NNPC Refinery Loses 2billion Naira To Illegal Tappers / Saraki And Ekeweremadu's Forgery Trial Stalled In Abuja / Kachikwu Invites Traders On Oil Swaps, Opas, Funds Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by jpphilips(m): 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
docadams:

Must u be this negative all your life? If it's only 1m liters that is forced out from the vice grip of this evil oil cabal, isn't it a step in the right direction?
May be you have never been exposed to real due process since time of your birth.

Did you check the moniker you quoted?

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by jpphilips(m): 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
Imokay:

Conversion rate for petrol (gasoline) averages 45 - 51% with cracking by FCCU, Diesel will be like 20 - 25%
Out of 71 million litres of crude daily that should give about 32 million litres of petrol alone.

I don't know how optimized the PRCN FCCU is, I ve not seen its calibration parameters unless you have seen, then I may believe you.

The standard is 1bbl yields 19gals of pms.

ie 159l of crude yield 76liters of PMS. Most Pet.Engrs know that, you may be right though!

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by J4parry(m): 12:01am On Jun 22, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
The probe on NNPC has not even been commissioned yet and they are squealing already!

Its amazing how the operations of NNPC that had always been shrouded in secrecy is being openly and generously shared with the media. NNPC seems to be over-willing to talk to the press and release info after operating like a secret cult for years.

Note that the combined capacity of our refineries happens to be 445,000 barrels per day. Together with other by-products, we can get up to 50mil litre per day for local consumption.

If our refineries work at full capacity, we will turn out 50mil litres per day, use 40mil litres for local consumption and still have surplus 10mil litres to export.

So when president Buhari said he doesn't understand the concept of 'subsidy' he knows exactly what he is saying. NNPC knows this and that's why they are now willing to do the right thing. It would have been business as usual if GEJ had won. They would have continued their unending promises of fixing the refineries to no end.

I keep saying, subsidy was and still remains a scam.

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by bidex(m): 12:42am On Jun 22, 2015
this reminds me of Fela song... ITT and Just Like That
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by freddaboh(m): 2:56am On Jun 22, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Sister, forget about all the jargons blown in the article. The valid reason was given which needed a turn around maintenance to correct which is: “When the crude oil got to the refineries, the Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) units were not working, so we were getting mainly base oils such as naphtha, low pour fuel oil (LPFO), kerosene and diesel."

That was the reason they were able to give to hoodwink the people but it's not true.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by freddaboh(m): 3:04am On Jun 22, 2015
Cargoed:
A lot of people forget the election and campaign is over. It is time to work this blame game is only waisting more time.

I have a question:
1) Why did the refinery run down in the first place.
2) Why was there a decision to privatise it
3) Why did Dangote refuse to buy it.

Answer these and we can progress. Business and Politics are 2 different things.

If you keep NNPC you cannot differentiate b/w stealing and corruption

1) Beacause 'they' wanted the refineries to be down.
2) The privatization issue came up so that they can sell the refineries to themselves and their cronies.
3)They put in obstacles so that Dangote can not buy the refineries.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Imokay: 3:19am On Jun 22, 2015
kaboninc:

Who is going to give you 7 million liters of crude daily?

angry
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Imokay: 3:20am On Jun 22, 2015
kaboninc:

Who is going to give you 71 million liters of crude daily?

Capacity of the 4 refineries is 450,000 barrels per day approximately 71 million litres of crude oil

The allocation has been made since 1988 when the Port Harcourt II refinery was commissioned
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by cyborg1(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
i must read before i comment.

Last Bullet
After reading, here's my comment:
Alison Madueke should be
* Jailed for 4 years with 1 square meal per day
* Released & put in house detention for 3 years
* All her properties acquired within 2011 - 2014 should be taken & sold by the govt to finance Nigeria.

* Dazz all!

Honestly, I really keep wandering were the Media exerggerated so called beauty of that devil incarnate is, with her evil eyes that are out of proportion on an aged face.
While Akuyiri and her likes are giving good impression on women, that witch kept destroying it.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by kaboninc(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2015
jpphilips:

That is about 455,128bbls, is it too hard to find?

So funny how you shamelessly echoed the same question you were asked on the other thread.

Now you know that sourcing for refining oil is a problem in Nigeria, I hope to get paid for opening your Agidi blocked eyes, ode!!

Now who's mention is giving each other a hard-on?

I asked that question because I know that the refineries are not getting that much on a daily basis.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by simpleseyi: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
dustmalik:
Thank God GEJ lost his second term bid. if not, this country would be headed to the point of no return.

Cc: lalasticlala

Just last night when GEJ remembered that he has children and he will one day have grandchildren and great-grandchildren in Nigeria, he thanked God that he lost the election because he realized that if he leads Nigeria for another 4 years, there would be no Nigeria for his children and children's children.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by DropShot: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2015
simpleseyi:

Just last night when GEJ remembered that he has children and he will one day have grandchildren and great-grandchildren in Nigeria, he thanked God that he lost the election because he realized that if he leads Nigeria for another 4 years, there would be no Nigeria for his children and children's children.
grin grin Funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Hits Hard On Sheriff's Emergence As PDP Chairman Again / DSS Should Recommend Pantami’s Sack Now — CSO / Dino Melaye Graduates With Masters In International Relations Diplomacy From ABU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.