Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. (906 Views)

Importance Of Restitution - Case Study Of Juliana Olayode (aka Toyo Baby) / Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by Afromalaika(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2015
I watched with a heavy heart yesterday when the kin of those killed in the Charleston Church come out one after the other to forgive the killer; Dylan Roof.

This pattern of forgiveness I observe is common to the Black Americans when their oxen are gored.

The spate and the speed in which the murderer was forgiven leaves more to be desired.

Is this forgiveness borne out of cowardice/weaknesses, religion or self consolation? The answer to this question seems rhetoric.

I took exemption to this type of forgiveness expecially when the culprit has not sought for such or showed remorse for his actions or in actions.

I sense there is more to this forgiveness as pronounced on National TV. or perhaps, my reservation on the Christian teachings of forgiveness.

You may wish to set the lines straight but I strongly opine that this is a pure case of cowardice and inferiority complex of the Black people in the United States.

1 Like

Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by dalaman: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2015
Its nothing but showmanship. They just want people to notice them. Meekness and pacifism is actually stupid sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by Afromalaika(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
dalaman:
Its nothing but showmanship. They just want people to notice them. Meekness and pacifism is actually stupid sometimes.
True Talk...
Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by plaetton: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
Afromalaika:
I watched with a heavy heart yesterday when the kin of those killed in the Charleston Church come out one after the other to forgive the killer; Dylan Roof.

This pattern of forgiveness I observe is common to the Black Americans when their oxen are gored.

The spate and the speed in which the murderer was forgiven leaves more to be desired.

Is this forgiveness borne out of cowardice/weaknesses, religion or self consolation? The answer to this question seems rhetoric.

I took exemption to this type of forgiveness expecially when the culprit has not sought for such or showed remorse for his actions or in actions.

I sense there is more to this forgiveness as pronounced on National TV. or perhaps, my reservation on the Christian teachings of forgiveness.

You may wish to set the lines straight but I strongly opine that this is a pure case of cowardice and inferiority complex of the Black people in the United States.

A big thank you, my brother.
I wanted to open a thread for this yesterday, but I thought it might be insensitive in light of the pains people are going through.

But, when I watched that forgiveness bullshyte crap on Tv, I wanted to vomit in utter shame and embarrassment.

Stuuuupid religion have turned black people utterly stuuuupid.

How can you forgive someone who has not yet been tried, convicted, punished or expressed remorse for deliberately murdering your family members?

Today, same folks are in church , praying to the same white god, that was perhaps asleep or out to lunch while his faithful were being massacred in his church.

I am stuuupified.

3 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
Yes...it was embarrassing to watch. You have to wonder if they would have been queuing up to forgive the shooter had he been a black guy off the street.

2 Likes

Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by NervousErection(m): 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
If they like they shouldn't forgive that's there own cup of tea. For the killer, once he accepts Christ as his lord and saviour, then all his sins are wiped out. Wait, what the hell I'm I saying, jesus died for his sins, so basically since he is a Christian he had no sin before and after the killing. Same way Ted bundy and other notorious serial killers will be going to heaven while those little sweet victims who perhaps rejected jesus will burn in hell.
Time to go and kill, f.uck, rape and accept Jesus when I'm done. Easy pass.
Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 22, 2015
The Charleston, S.C., church massacre was an FBI-CIA false flag operation hatched by the Obama administration with the ultimate goal of “taking away guns from the Americans,” after a staged nuclear attack on Charleston failed in 2013.

The coincidence of timing of the shooting with Pinckney’s meeting with Clinton and a Bush rally in Charleston was evidence of an underlying liberal conspiracy to use a false flag mass shooting to refocus attention on gun control legislation to take guns away from Americans.

Rumors crediting Kremlin intelligence sources were circulated online in October, 2013, about a botched “false flag” attack involving a nuclear weapon detonated off the coast of Charleston. Conspiracy theorists alleged that an earthquake that occurred off the coast of Charleston on October 8, 2013, was caused by a nuclear blast.
Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by Horus(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Why should blacks forgive pale skinned Americans for the crimes they have committed for hundreds of years against them, and in most cases, walked away free?
Re: The Stupidity Of Forgiveness - A case Study Of The Charleston Shooting. by Blackfire(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Sanity or madness?

(1) (Reply)

Advance Muharram Mubarak 2015 Sms, Wishes, Quotes, Shayari In Urdu / PROVED: Leviathan Is The First Creature To Disbelief God Existence / What's My Purpose In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.