Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain (1946 Views)

Enugu Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Idi-Iroko Bridge That Links Osun And Oyo Collapses After Heavy Rainfall (pics) / Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by enoch273: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is inside a home in VGC, Lagos after 2 days of
heavy rainfall. The LIB reader who sent in the photos,
wrote;
"I am a grieved resident of Road 12 at Victoria Garden
City. We have been having flooding issues for over 5
years now.
It keeps getting worse each year and after several
complaints the estate management are still turning deaf
ears on us. On Saturday June 20th, we experienced the
worst. The entire first floor of my house has been
wrecked. Please post the attached pictures to appeal to
the estate management to sort out the drainage issues,
especially on
road 12. Its a shame for someone to say they live in
VGC and yet be going through this." See more photos
below.
see more photos at: www.enochgist.com/2015/06/water-enters-home-in-vgc-after-heavy.html?m=1

Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by INTROVERT(f): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
So sorrry
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by funlord(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
angry Op! How the _fuck is this story politically relevant? And see this poster on top me sef dey yarn sorry! Who tell u say na him house? Gtfoh!
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by fatdon2(m): 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
Big Man Big Trouble
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by SuperSuave(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
fatdon2:
Big Man Big Trouble
naso!
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by PAINGAIN: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
This one na indoor swimming pool.
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by lexy070(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
The rich also cry
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by mmafhew(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
The much the money, the much d problem.
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by viczing(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
funlord:
angry Op! How the _fuck is this story politically relevant? And see this poster on top me sef dey yarn sorry! Who tell u say na him house? Gtfoh!

Stop taking dry gin is bad 4 u
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by Nitefury: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Water dey him own, Una no let am be.. Una go sand fill swamp area come build houses call am VGC.. Now na water season, rain dey fail like no man business, ocean/lagoon level done rise, water done return to where him been dey before only to see houses..

Wetin poor water go do dan to enter the houses relax?

Ikoyi, Dolphin Estate roads.. Screwed up also..

1 Like

Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by hedonistic: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Mr. Man tell your father to sell the house to another Island wannabe (during dry season, of course, lol) and use the proceeds to buy a decent house in Surulere or Ikeja.
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by enoch273: 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
if this is not the section for this pls let the mods move it to its right place. so sorry for any inconvenience
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by mrking3(m): 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lekki, Ajah is messed up with massive flood! Just wondering why they cant channel the Drainage straight to the Lagoon which is just a stone throw behind VGC? The estate management should save Residents from this embarrassing situation. VGC of all places should be the last to experience this ugly situation with all the paparazzi in there!!!
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by temitemi1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
VGC undecided undecided
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by timidapsin(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ftp. Cc lalalisticlala
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by atiakatata: 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
OP na all d water wey u splash people with your Big Jeep dey follow you. You better repent and ask for forgiveness seeing as the water don follow u dey come house . Stop splashing water on people.
Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by 76Naira(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
The house is on a notorious road in VGC. I assessed that street when I was offered a house in 2010. Merely looking as the street exposes the flaw. I turned down the house with an excellent offer and told the agent that the street would flood. He swore on his ancestors graves. i just walked away. That road is basically the Achilles heel in the construction of that estate.
There is a local depression in that area of the estate which allows run off water to gather while draining slowly. The solution would require a large underground re-channeling from the VGC entrance roundabout to the lagoon behind the estate. This will accommodate the increased volume of flood caused in part by the road reconstruction activities and ongoing nearby construction projects
While I completely agree that the VGCPORA association has not done enough, prospective developers/home owners need to learn from this and incorporate future regional development estimates into their project's long term feasibility plans.

The Lakeview estate opposite Ikota shopping complex would be in the same situation within 4 to 5 years or when 60% inhabited; whichever comes first. I once told the developer that the canal behind that estate which is trapezoidal in shape and only about 1m by 2m cross section looked too small to handle the future volume of run off water. He simply smiled.

Lagos state ministry of environment needs to wake up. They have been asleep for too long. Most developed parts of Lagos flood when it rains just like gridlocks when people move, flood control needs the same solution; more and better planned passage roads for people and drainage systems for rain & flood.

3 Likes

Re: Water Enters Home In VGC After Heavy Rain by joeybankz: 9:09am On May 25, 2016
Heavy Metal TEST On Water (Spectrophotometric Method)

MICROSCOPY - AIM: To have a working knowledge of the kind of organism present for the degradation of organic matter.
APPARATUS: Microscope, slide, sample, distilled water.
http://www.prestnaija.com/heavy-metal-test-water-spectrophotometric-method/

(1) (Reply)

This Is Terrible News From India! Let's Rise Up Against It Before It's Too Late! / Independence Day Celebration: Photos From Awolowo Hall,oau. Awoites Celebrate / BREAKING: Why Buhari Removed Me From Rivers Tribunal - Justice pindiga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.