Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,307 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics (1430 Views)

Nigerian Pastor In America Surprises His Wife On Her 50th Birthday (Video, Pics) / The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / The First Monotheistic Religion In Nigeria: Igbe Religious Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
A new Gallup poll shows that Americans' trust in organized religion continues to decline, continuing a gradual, decades-long trend.

Gallup noted in their commentary on the poll that "Once reliably at the top of Gallup's confidence in institutions list, [organized religion] now ranks fourth behind the military, small business and the police, and just ahead of the medical system."

The poll shows that only 42% of Americans have a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in organized religion or the Church, well below the high of 68% in the 1970s:

This coincides with a trend of Americans becoming increasingly unlikely to identify with any particular religion, most recently seen in Pew Research Center's recently released "2014 Religious Landscape Study":

A new Gallup poll shows that Americans' trust in organized religion continues to decline, continuing a gradual, decades-long trend.

Gallup noted in their commentary on the poll that "Once reliably at the top of Gallup's confidence in institutions list, [organized religion] now ranks fourth behind the military, small business and the police, and just ahead of the medical system."

The poll shows that only 42% of Americans have a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in organized religion or the Church, well below the high of 68% in the 1970s:

This coincides with a trend of Americans becoming increasingly unlikely to identify with any particular religion, most recently seen in Pew Research Center's recently released "2014 Religious Landscape Study":

Meanwhile, America is building fewer churches. The amount of construction spending on religious structures has dropped by 62% since January 2002:

Meanwhile, America is building fewer churches. The amount of construction spending on religious structures has dropped by 62% since January 2002:

http://www.businessinsider.com/organized-religion-is-on-the-decline-in-america-2015-6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
It remains this country, but the struggle would be harder, since their are so many gullibles here. Simple deductive reasoning we can not apply to the simplest of problems/mysteries. Our brains have been structured to believe anything that is written without questioning the authenticity of the author(s). I hope we succeed in reducing the growth of these organised cults in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by italo: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
And bestiality and infanticide are on the rise in America.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Anas09: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
And as an atheist you are celebrating that you guys are winning right? Well, I don't expect u to know or believe this, if these things don't happen, then Jsesus' prophecies will be void, but you know? This is that time that many gets offended at God and falls away. These are the perilious times for the church. Look around and see the attack on the church. See chalatants pretending to be pastors, doing all sorts of things to undermind the church. See cults in the name of church. But does that mean Satan is winning? For wey? True Christians being killed in their numbers. Every Bible studying christian will not be surprised at the happenings, its all there in the scriptures.
To satan and his crowd, there's celebration in their camp, but just like killing Christ, if He nu that it was in line with the scripture, I guess he wouldn't ve done it. Which ever way, satan is working for God, because, whether he likes it or not, he will do according to what is prophecied. So well done to you all satanists.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 12:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Anas09:
And as an atheist you are celebrating that you guys are winning right?

We are not fighting any battle of supremacy. Am open to prove and evidence, if you provide prove so convincing more than whatever i believed now, i will change my mind. We are not dogmatic in any sense but follow where the evidences leads.

if these things don't happen then Jesus prophecies will be void, but you know?

That makes it false because it lacks the convincing prove of his existence for many to accept it rationally.
Ok what makes you presupposed the prophecy is true?
What are those convincing evidence and criterias that compelled you to believe it is true?

This is that time that many gets offended at God and falls away.

We are not offended about God but we looked at the evidences and concluded that it is not enough to believe those stories and claims of any supernatural diety. It doesn't make any sense believing in one god amongst thousands of other gods unless there are substantial evidence to prove your God's existence.

But does that mean Satan is winning?
I don't know of any satan winning. I don't believe in it. Satan is silly as god. If you know, demonstrate it so that i will be convinced too?

To satan and his crowd, there's celebration in their camp, but just like killing Christ, if He nu that it was in line with the scripture, I guess he wouldn't ve done it.

How did you arrive at that conclusion that satan and his crowd are celebrating in their camp? How is Satan's camp look like? Why did your god allow that? Why did he allow satan to perpetrate those evils and allow us to doubt his existence?, it for a purpose? What purpose?

Which ever way, satan is working for God, because, whether he likes it or not, he will do according to what is prophecied

You are violating the law of non contradiction by asserting that satan is working for god and at same time satan are doing what god opposes therefore an enemy of god. A cannot be B at the same time. contradictory statements cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e.g. the two propositions "A is B" and "A is not B" are mutually exclusive.

Cheer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 12:55am On Jun 22, 2015
theAtheist101:
It remains this country, but the struggle would be harder, since their are so many gullibles here. Simple deductive reasoning we can not apply to the simplest of problems/mysteries. Our brains have been structured to believe anything that is written without questioning the authenticity of the author(s). I hope we succeed in reducing the growth of these organised cults in Nigeria.

I do tell people, if you can believe Bible superstition, you can actually believe anything without any verification to arrive to a more plausible conclusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
Imagine the irony grin grin grin . The report was to shame Christianity but ouch !

1 Timothy 4:1

New International Version (NIV)

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Matthew 24:10-13

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold

13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

If the reverse was happening then the bible is false but the report just confirmed the above verses . Dear Anas09 , this is just a confirmation of the bible truth smiley

3 Likes

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by NervousErection(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
It's not surprising;
I am quite certain that Christianity would not be so popular in the western world had Jesus been depicted as looking like he most likely would have looked in his time. It really is one of the best, if not the best, marketing campaign ever to have existed.
ThIs days, In United states, you can hardly tell a christian from an atheist. They petty much disobey 99% of the stuff in the bible.
All they really know how to do is put on a cross and drink during Christmas. And the only thing they're aware of is that some bearded long-haired white- European guy was crucified.

1 Like

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Imagine the irony grin grin grin . The report was to shame Christianity but ouch !

1 Timothy 4:1

Matthew 24:10-13

If the reverse was happening then the bible is false but the report just confirmed the above verses . Dear Anas09 , this is just a confirmation of the bible truth smiley

what did quran said about what will happen in the end time?

1 Like

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
menesheh:

I do tell people, if you can believe Bible superstition, you can actually believe anything without any verification to arrive to a more plausible conclusion.
Shut up!
You aren't intelligent!

Your pride makes you think so....
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
Macelliot:

Shut up!
You aren't intelligent!

your reasons or are you just for no reasons shutting me up?

or is it one of those fundamentalists behaviour
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by johnydon22(m): 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
Macelliot:

Shut up!
You aren't intelligent!

I looked very hard and i can't find where he asserted he is intelligent on the post you quoted. .

2 Likes

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 11:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
johnydon22:

I looked very hard and i can't find where he asserted he is intelligent on the post you quoted. .
Lolz... Birds of thesame feathers!
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by johnydon22(m): 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
Macelliot:
Lolz... Birds of thesame feathers!
Seriously, show me where he asserted he is intelligent please?embarassed

1 Like

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Seriously, show me where he asserted he is intelligent please?embarassed
That's what ALL atheists are...
Including you.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
theAtheist101:
You mean "secret cult?" or "Ogboni cult?" or "Eckankar" or "illuminanti" or "freemansory?"...

You aren't intelligent!
Your 'pride' makes you think so ...
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by johnydon22(m): 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
Macelliot:
Including you.
All atheists are what?. . intelligent
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
johnydon22:

All atheists are what?. . intelligent
Pride.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by johnydon22(m): 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Macelliot:
Pride.
Hahahahaha ok
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

You mean "secret cult?" or "Ogboni cult?" or "Eckankar" or "illuminanti" or "freemansory?"...

You aren't intelligent!

Did I employ you to be my Niaraland post-editor? Stop getting it twisted; Christianity, Islam, and the other cults you mentioned are all under that "big umbrella" called organised cult group. Please update yourself with this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2384741/there-difference-between-religion-cult

Who told you am intelligent?

Note: you don't have to attack me next time you choose to quote me, just stating your point would do. Don't thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 1:08am On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

Including you.

Holy Crap

You ain't making any sense bro.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 1:10am On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

You aren't intelligent!

Shut up

Refute or gerout of this thread.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2015
menesheh:

Shut up
Refute or gerout of this thread.
Park one side.... I don't argue with people who are overshadowed with 'pride.' I have done that a long time and I know the outcome...
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 7:48am On Jun 26, 2015
menesheh:

Holy Crap
You ain't making any sense bro.
Your pride makes you think so, whereas NOT...
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by johnydon22(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2015
Hahahahahahaha your pride this, your pride that. . . there is nothing someone will not see oo cheesy
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Macelliot(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2015
theAtheist101:

Did I employ you to be my Niaraland post-editor? Stop getting it twisted; [s]Christianity, Islam, and the other cults you mentioned are all under that "big umbrella" called organised cult group.[/s] Please update yourself with this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2384741/there-difference-between-religion-cult

Who told you am intelligent?

Note: you don't have to attack me next time you choose to quote me, just stating your point would do. Don't thank you.
You failed woefully
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 9:47am On Jun 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahaha your pride this, your pride that. . . there is nothing someone will not see oo cheesy

grin
the guy is a slowpoke
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Heavenly102: 9:57am On Jun 26, 2015
the most religious in America are either the conservative white racists the KKK nd so forth, or e poor black parishioners in e ghetto baptist churches who dnt work the Word in their lives. How do u expect a rationale man to keep believing in religion.

2 Likes

Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by menesheh(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Heavenly102:
the most religious in America are either the conservative white racists the KKK nd so forth, or e poor black parishioners in e ghetto baptist churches who dnt work the Word in their lives. How do u expect a rationale man to keep believing in religion.

The early, one discovers this, the better one can make splendid use of the little while we gat to spend here on this purposeless existence.
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
it's expected... kindly visit my thread below
www.nairaland.com/2407434/interpreting-signs-time-meant-everyone
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Heavenly102: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
nt that I dnt believe in God but many Christians are not inspiring at all, am nt amazed when ppl dnt believe, many atheists nw were once Christians but were in the company of some brothers and sisters which brought the name of God to disrepute, then we start cursing them when they leave Christianity not realising that our errors are leading them away from God
Re: Religion In America Is On The Decline - statistics by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Macelliot:

You failed woefully

Your opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obinma. (A.K.A Ebube Monso) / Picture: 'jesus Christ' Look Alike Spotted In Lagos / What If Eve Was The Only One That Ate The Forbidden Fruit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.