Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For (17493 Views)

Help: The Website That I Just Finished Developing Is Gone / Come And See The Website A Nairalander Created / Please How Much Can I Charge To Build A Church Database? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by Adeyinka12(m): 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
@ lincolnpx , i have question for you. 1. Is your name and image is vital to you? 2. Is connection and more ,is meaningful to you? 3. Did you know that costomer is always right? 4. Did you know that humanbeing is like water ? We flow everywhere. Now,if atleast three is yes, kindly favour your client. Lobatan
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by southwestngr: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
Psylas:
the same theif, i knw
''

?
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
lincolnpix:

Closedoor,
u're not not on point, u're just barking like a dog.

"Barking like a dog" is that d best adage you can use? Let time tell the story then...
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 25, 2015
feelme3:

Oga, and you've started claiming to be a developer when you can't distingush between domain cp access and access to your account with a hosting company. They are not the same and there's no database in your hosting account. Or maybe you want to say you are a reseller.

Look at the red arrow and tell me where it is pointing to.

Someone earlier said i am using addon domain system and now, it is that i am a reseller! grin

Please kindly squeeze out the sum of N18k and pay for a dreamhost hosting account to see what the features are than sticking with your N2,500 hosting before you have something to rant about.

I can understand your plight! When you tell a man who owns a Volkswagen Beetle about a Rolls Royce Phanthom having a Wine Bar and refrigerator, he will doubt, argue about it and even swear with his mother's life that such does not exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 25, 2015
olyivy:

Oga "non-naija" web developer listen. You are not the only Nigerian using foreign host. Using them does not make you a better developer and it doesn't necessarily mean they are costlier in some cases hence non "Kpalasa" according to you. With $12 and your debit card you can get a domain and host a site for one year with Godaddy. SO chill for that side.

My point is that it is wrong to host with an account that you cannot give the client his or her own Cpanel details without informing the client.

If you explain it to the client prior to the hosting that you intend to host with your own general account and he agrees, who am I to complain but when you go ahead and host in your account where you have just one Cpanel access to multiple hosting and later come up with the legal gibberish that you cant do it, then its a crime!

Madam "i too know", i am with dreamhost which offers me the incentive of hosting multiple websites on one account and I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER GIVE ANY CLIENT WHO DOES NOT HAVE AN INKLING OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT WEB DESIGN AND CODING ACCESS TO HIS/HER ACCOUNT DETAILS and secondly do not owe my client any explanation whatsover about releasing Cpanel details. That's my policy and my rules. You are your own developer and you have your own policies that guide you so leave me to my own. Ever since i started hosting with Dreamhost, none of the sites had ever suffered downtime even for a second.

Rum your Web Hosting "Empire" where you can give your client whatever they want including your own email password if you please and allow me to run my own hut where i make my own rules as i please.

NB: And by the way...Dreamhost des not make use of C-panel anyway, they make use of a Dashboard which is much broader.
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by DualCore1: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2015
The topic is "Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For".
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by sisqology(m): 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
4llerbuntu:
Contrary to what has been said i do honestly believe this is an extortion scheme.

@ lincolnpix,

1. please post where exactly in that contract it is stipulated that you will get periodic fees.

2. You 'licensed' it to them for a one off fee by agreeing to build the website using those codes. A license does not mean that you are entitled to withold access to it permanently except where expressly stated.

where does it state that they cannot have access to their property.

YOU ARE AWARE THAT THE WEBSITE AND EVERYTHING THAT ARE ITS COMPONENTS BELONG TO THE PERSON WHO COMMISSIONED AND PAID FOR IT?
[size=18pt][/size]

3. Are your codes registered under any license? Or you simply assume that having created it, it belongs to you without more?

4. Do you have any legal documentation to back up your ownership of that code or you simply assume that its only your brain and hands that is capable of producing that in the entire world?

5. what are the sources you used to produce this supernatural code?

are you compliant with the licenses of the things you have used to produce the website?

are you not charging for things covered by open-source licenses that do not permit you to profit from their use?

6. Where in your agreement does it state that you have the right to deny the owner of the website access to his hosting/cpanel?

what you are doing is equal to BMW not allowing a car owner access to open the bonnet of the car because it does not want them to see the design of the radiator.

BEST CASE SCENARIO IS THAT YOU REMOVE YOUR CODE AND DELIVER THE FULLY FUNCTIONAL WEBSITE WITHOUT THOSE CODES. The client never contracted with you for those specific codes. you can as well build the website without those codes. YOU HAVE NOT EVEN FULFILLED YOUR DELIVERABLES

@ Subset, find yourself a good lawyer who knows his way around IT/IP/sofware matters and sue this asshole. You have numerous claims against this fellow, for instance he has not even delivered what you asked for (the website is not even complete yet).
Like i said, he should deliver your fully functional website (and hosting details etc). its not your business if he has put american nuclear codes in it. He was employed as a professional and it was entirely up to him to decide how best to deliver the website. he chose to use those codes not you.

Well....?
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by apholaby007(m): 12:41am On Jul 07, 2015
subset:
I appreciate the effort of everyone that has commented on this thread.
The Nairaland username of this developer is Lincolnpix. He is a Nigerian man that is base in Italy. Pls be informed.
This guy is only interested in your money and little or nothing to do with well being of your business.
You can make a Google search with the name lincolnpixel to see more about him on the web.

Thanks.

Cc: seun, adewasco2k, Slyr0x
Maleeq, Jarus, Orikinla, uken73, physise Olucheye, davidsmith8900, elderly, winexviv, naijaswag1, GideonG, yawatide(f), DualCore1, Javanian, mj, WhiZTiM,GARRIx7 JideTheBlogger, dhtml18 Nairalander01, herald9, adewasco2k, olyivy, Craigston, spikesC,Dmayor7,yusufu16,Dominionhost,kodewrita, Fayimora, lordZOUGA, skydancer,
honsule, dragnet, puskin,
Viewing this board: dims95(m), tolexy007(m), Kash007(m), psquarex(m), samalive(m), idokojerry(m), izik4004, Najwal, Aflowz, sting224(m), GurusVibez, Slimbob(m), dayosmallz, Phonejoel, symbianDON(m), Smile4luv(m), udemzyudex(m), Idrhas(m), Caesar1988(m), oluspencer(m), doctoryomi, Wizkhalifa2(m), chalxdon(m), tbasejones, apholaby007, Wisdomkosi(m), paulmarkino(m), Jacktech, aitop, victormogg, Necheswit, arsenesholer(m), TechLector(m), funkyjms, teodore(m), samzheee(m), Victorblaze14(m), swisscarter(m), mayorski01(m), mymissingrib(m), wiseone28, efepro(m), manuell1021, dhejjy, Flamesfly(m), optimised, aljpimp(m), emperorbukky, lordrayne(m) Afam4eva, OAM4J, Ikenna351
u cant fool a benin boi na..... laye e
Re: Pls Advice: A Developer Has Refused My Access To The Website Database I Paid For by vicsrael: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2016
Afam4eva:
I really don't I understand how a developer will build a site for someone and still reserve the right to own the codes. What exactly does that mean? I think the client made abgrave mistake by not going through the contract papers carefully before signing because as it is, based on what Lincolnpix has said and if true, will win this one in a court of law.

Having said that, we developers should try as much as possible to employ some level of kindness when dealing with people. I know its a business but we shouldn't go to any length to rip off clients who may not understand what they are signing up for.

how much did he client pay for him to get the code do u know how many sleepless night that produce the code. And again The developer why will u be collecting monthly maintenance fee instead of year fee that the only area I can say u want wrong. And remember your client own the website you own the code. If they want the website encrypt your code and send them the file. And we developers let always learn how to make our clients smile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland.com Redirecting To My.Naij.Com On Etisalat? / Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana / Cultist Shot At Laspotech First Gate Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.