Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola (691 Views)

Massive Protest In Egor LGA, Edo State Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries (photos) / SERAP Drags 11 Governors To ICC Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by OsilamaPN(m): 3:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Based on the several months of unpaid salaries rocking the State of Osun, the Governor of the State, Governor Rauf Aregbesola has disclosed that his hands are tied, adding that there was nothing he could do since the banks have stopped lending money to him.

The Governor who spoke in Abuja on Sunday at the annual Ramadan Lecture of the Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society of Nigeria with the theme “Ramadan: Changing Positively’’ revealed that despite raising the Internally Generated Revenues, IGR, from N900 million annually to N3.6 billion he was yet to pay workers’ salary because the banks were not ready to give him loans.

Civil servants in Osun State have not been paid for eight months by the Rauf Aregbesola-led Government, leading to untold hardship.

As a result, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in the State had appealed to church leaders in Osun State to rally food aid and money to assist Osun State civil servants who are going through hardship because of the delay in the payment of their salaries for the past eight months.

The Governor had blamed the financial hardship in the State on dwindling revenue and hike in minimum wage which started in 2012.

Speaking on Sunday, Governor Rauf stated; READ MORE: http://www.post-nigeria.com/eight-months-unpaid-salaries-nothing-i-can-do-aregbesola/
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'll tell you what you can do. Just resign and let someone else try. Mr egocentric

1 Like

Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by tociano009(m): 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
grin
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Masculity(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Pls let this Man stop making such kind of provocative noise. If he can not handle it let him resign simple.
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Maxymilliano(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
He sounds helpless already, why not resign ?
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by temitemi1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
AREBGESE n his goons should be stoned out of Osun!
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Ezerbullet(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
He should just leave
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by loomer: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Na only God fit punish u for that statement wey u make.
You dey collect ur salaries steady, u fit even go abuja abi u trek?
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by funlord(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
grin
All these "Labe Orun" stories wey ogbeni dey give person everyday sef? My friend swerve!
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by stepo707: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Well you can collect all the money you gave to Tinubu.
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
lol. Ogbeni my a5s......
I just dey pity ur statesmen
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
The worse part is that this same Man still holds press conferences to spew rubbish n defend himself.

Imagine dis fooool was spending abt 3.4 billion naira every year to feed school students with zero quality rubbish food n ignored staff salary at the same time.

Is osun children suffering from malnutrition
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Validated: 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Sorry Aregbe, you can do something like ...

Resign honourably grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by IamG(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Even a mad man would not agree that he is mad, why is this debtor conceding to debt and defeat If work tyre you, abeg do the needful... Common gerrout joor!!!
Re: Eight Months Unpaid Salaries: Nothing I Can Do – Aregbesola by Bobbystanley(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
AregbeRASCAL

Osun people don enter double chance. We already don enter one chance for Federal level.

If u cant sell ur helicopter or look for a way to pay innocent workers, u resign.

By the way Yoruba people doesn't deserve pity. All the do is eat ewedu and amala and come here to curse other tribes.

Infact Aregbe dont pay their fathers and mothers let me see if hunger would allow them come here and type shit.

(1) (Reply)

Job Seekers Storms N/assembly As Senate Resumes Today-vanguard / Empty Treasury: Perform, Stop Offering Excuses, PDP Tells Buhari / Breaking News*****photonews: NSCDC Nabs Serial Goat Thieves In Ondo State Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.