Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari (1147 Views)

7 Ministers Buhari May Sack Soon / The Need For Ministers Despite Existing Career Permanent Secretaries / “I Don’t Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
:

Abuja— President Muhammadu Buhari explained, yesterday, that he was yet to appoint his ministers because his predecessor’s transition committee submitted its report on the previous administration to him late. Buhari, who spoke to newsmen at the Summit of the African Union in Johannesburg, South Africa, said he was being careful in order not to make mistakes in appointing individuals especially to key positions such as in the finance and petroleum ministries.

His words: “I don’t know why people are so anxious about ministers. But eventually we will have (them). But the main reason is that I have an interim committee which I agreed with the former President Jonathan that the ministers of the outgoing government should hand over their notes or their documents to this interim committee so that a position can be prepared for the new government to start from with clear records from ministers.

“I was waiting for this report because I would like to know the position of things in the government especially in terms of finance and petroleum industry. So, I am not in a hurry to get ministers.

“I want to get ministers after at least I have seen the report because I don’t have to appoint a minister today and sack him the next week because this report would give me what actually happened in terms of security, and economy of the country.

“And since I have to have ministers from politicians and technocrats, I wouldn’t (like to) make the mistake of getting somebody, who has been involved on account of accountability.“ Buhari added that he, Jonathan and former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, had agreed to let the former ministers hand over their notes to the interim committee he had formed
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Baba you are funny grin The people that elected you there are anxious so that u can kick your government rolling. We what change n u can't do it alone.....
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
I don't know why buhari is complaning.

First he said,"nigerians should not expect miracles"

next he said " there is no limit to what a 72 years old man can do"

he also said "the national treasure is empty"

and now he is saying "he does not know why people want the minister job"

but when he was campaigning, his mouth was very sweet ooo

he said "1 dollar = 1 naira"

boko haram would end by 1 month time

50 million jobs

he would build sky scrappers.

But we never see anything.

Very soon he would put Atiku as EFCC chairman.

This man na one chance

continue...

1 Like

Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by MosakuAW(m): 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
We are anxcious just because you can't effect the slogan "Change" alone.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by ammyluv2002(f): 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
More like " i don't know why people are anxious for a better Nigeria " embarassed

Mr President, we need them asap! Please, don't keep us in the dark

That list ought to be ready even before hand over
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
Meanwhile a busy-body Lagos lawyer has filed a suit against Buhari for delaying in appointment of Ministers.

This is comical. Wetin pesin no go see for dis naija sef grin grin grin

.:
Controversial Lagos Lawyer and Activist, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, Esq., of ‘Kogun Chambers, has filed a fresh suit against the government of President Muhammadu Buhari over what he tagged extreme delay in the formation of his cabinet and for running the affairs of Nigeria as lone ranger as well as in a dictatorial manner.

In a suit he filed today at the Federal High Court, Lagos, a copy of which was made available to DAILY POST, the lawyer said the continued stay of action of President Buhari on the appointment of his Ministers was contrary to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by temitemi1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
If u like appoint minister, if like don't appoint nah ur wahala be that.
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
I don't know why buhari is complaning.

First he said,"nigerians should not expect miracles"

next he said " there is no limit to what a 72 years old man can do"

he also said "the national treasure is empty"

and now he is saying "he does not know why people want the minister job"

but when he was campaigning, his mouth was very sweet ooo

Correction: he actually said: "there is a no limit to what a 72 years old man can do"
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by kendrick9(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
when are we going to feel the impact of the so called Change

1 Like

Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by Sunnymatey(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Booked
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
Sunnymatey:
Booked

Please go to the cashier's office and pay for your booking grin grin grin

Bank Account: 0000xx000xxxx
Bank Name: Agbero Development Bank (ADB), Mushin branch

Please make sure you keep your teller for confirmation of booking
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by Sunnymatey(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ministers are like the bolt in a tyre(Buhari) that will drive the car(Nigeria) to the other destination(change) u promise. One cannot function without the other.
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
Buhari needs to look very carefully at what those Permanent Secretaries have been doing since the GEJ ministers handed over.

Delaying appointment of ministers, just gives these Permanent Thieves, more time to dip their hands in the treasuries and blame it all on the departing ministers.
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 7:43am On Jun 23, 2015
Plenty work to be done.

No time to waste
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by londoner: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2015
Well, most citizens want to know who will and is leading them. Who is running the gov at the moment? Beyond the president , vice and state govs do Nigerians know who is running the country?

It will soon be a month since the handover of course Nigerians should be concerned.
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 23, 2015
And that is why he is termed Duara Dullard. What use do we have for a president who doesn't know the importance of ministers?

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2015
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by refreshrate: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2015
kendrick9:
when are we going to feel the impact of the so called Change

inactivity if you think about it, could also be described as change abi how you check am?

so someone, a president in a democracy can come out to say this type of nonsense?

it's getting to a stage where abusing this man is actually safe to be seen as giving him credence I tell you.
olodo oshi.
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by cuteboy2: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2015

Please pay to the cahier for your space booking.

Check your sms for account details......
Re: I Dont Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers – Buhari by honourhim: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
We want the cha

(1) (Reply)

Why I Choose Adesina As Spokesman – Buhari / Twin Bomb Blast In Jos / Legislature Is The Most Misunderstood Arm Of Government In Nigeria - Sola Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.