Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] (1280 Views)

Biafrans Protest In Front Of President Obama’s Residence At The US - Pictured / THE N 500 Million Bounty:how Nnamdi Kanu Got Arrested / Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by AAinEqGuinea: 6:04am On Jun 23, 2015

President Obama used the n-word to make the point that racism is still alive and well in America.

Obama was on comedian Marc Maron's podcast, when he said, "And it's not just a matter of it not being polite to say n***** in public. That's not the measure of whether racism still exists or not."

It was a calculated move for sure on Obama's part. Obama has been criticized by some African American activists, including Byron Allen, for not speaking out more forcefully about the plight of blacks in America.
So we gotta ask ...

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_vnn0s80w

Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by volterra(m): 6:09am On Jun 23, 2015
I hear
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by AAinEqGuinea: 6:11am On Jun 23, 2015
volterra:
I hear
...the prez use the n-word shocked shocked
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by bewla(m): 6:31am On Jun 23, 2015
Any way no say i no no then no ask after all i want no that y i ask what is N plus word o
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by absoluteSuccess: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2015
When a word is your weakness, its also a weapon.
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by softvio(m): 6:50am On Jun 23, 2015
N-word to me means nothing. Just stop the discrimination n killins of the blacks in Texas n Ferguson
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by AAinEqGuinea: 6:57am On Jun 23, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
When a word is your weakness, its also a weapon.

True , but Obamas use of the n-word has very peculiar timing, coming from someone who's typically more lexically tact.

Since Obama assumed office in 2009 he has been directly and indirectly attacked about his race as well as watching renewed racial tensions ... When speaking on these issues, Obama has never broke character, especially to drop the n-word, until now. He waits until immediately after a mass murder of African Anericans by a terrorists who also used the n-word on his victims. Obama has addressed social issues on a grand scale (women's rights, lgbt rights, immigration, etc.. people who got Obama elected) but when it comes to African Americans who also helped Obama get elected he does/says things like this. I fear obama cant do anything about race, neither was I expecting him to

It was a dullard thing to say nevertheless

Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by Brightology2(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2015
Hw does dat affect me.mitchew

1 Like

Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by ZeezaRapture(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

abeg wetin be 'n-word'?

1 Like

Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by AAinEqGuinea: 7:20am On Jun 23, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

abeg wetin be 'n-word'?

NIGgERIA
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by absoluteSuccess: 8:15am On Jun 23, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

True , but Obamas use of the n-word has very peculiar timing, coming from someone who's typically more lexically tact.

Since Obama assumed office in 2009 he has been directly and indirectly attacked about his race as well as watching renewed racial tensions ... When speaking on these issues, Obama has never broke character, especially to drop the n-word, until now. He waits until immediately after a mass murder of African Anericans by a terrorists who also used the n-word on his victims. Obama has addressed social issues on a grand scale (women's rights, lgbt rights, immigration, etc.. people who got Obama elected) but when it comes to African Americans who also helped Obama get elected he does/says things like this. I fear obama cant do anything about race, neither was I expecting him to

It was a dullard thing to say nevertheless
Maybe he has his confusions too. With that we can never reach the dept of his persona. He will always wriggle out.
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by absoluteSuccess: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

When he said Kanye was a Jackass, does that hurt AA?
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by natas22: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2015
Ok
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by bigfrancis21: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_vnn0s80w

I don't see anything wrong in his usage of 'niggar'. The way he expressed it was harmless and rather was used to convey a message. He is right. That there is 'no' racism in America doesn't mean people are just being polite not to say 'niggar' in public meanwhile in their homes and backyards they use it freely to refer to blacks amongst themselves. It goes beyond that and racism still survives in racial institutions of the country here and there. What we have in the US is political correctness and not necessarily lack or racism. By political correctness, people are just mindful of themselves, what they say and how they act so as to not offend anybody. But many americans are just plain hidden racists, thanks to the laws in place that ensures that overt racism and the racist are punished. These americans walk around with racist thinking and mindset, trying so hard to disguise their racism. Obama was right after all. It is not just saying 'there is no racism' just because people are polite enough not to mention 'niggar' in public. However, there has been an improvement in racial relations in America since the 1950s and 1960s.
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by AAinEqGuinea: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
When he said Kanye was a Jackass, does that hurt AA?

Maybe... wink

It's like how the word "Biafra" strikes that chord in people even though today the word is merely a title of someone's dream
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by absoluteSuccess: 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Maybe... wink

It's like how the word "Biafra" strikes that cord in people even though today the word is merely a title of someone's dream
Ahaha, the dead but bleeding words that will always attracts flies. The dead can't be healed and their bleeding never stops. Its now I understand the meaning of immortality. grin
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by AAinEqGuinea: 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I don't see anything wrong in his usage of 'niggar'. The way he expressed it was harmless and rather was used to convey a message. He is right. That there is 'no' racism in America doesn't mean people are just being polite not to say 'niggar' in public meanwhile in their homes and backyards they use it freely to refer to blacks amongst themselves. It goes beyond that and racism still survives in racial institutions of the country here and there. What we have in the US is political correctness and not necessarily lack or racism. By political correctness, people are just mindful of themselves, what they say and how they act so as to not offend anybody. But many americans are just plain hidden racists, thanks to the laws in place that ensures that overt racism and the racist are punished. These americans walk around with racist thinking and mindset, trying so hard to disguise their racism. Obama was right after all. It is not just saying 'there is no racism' just because people are polite enough not to mention 'niggar' in public. However, there has been an improvement in racial relations in America since the 1950s and 1960s.

I agree for the most part...

Regarding the @bold

The fact Obama still has to talk race speaks to the scale of the racism to versus racism then. Federal police agencies have reported an increase with domestic cells using racist ideology similar to foreigners we label "terrorist", excepting these cells aren't white majority. Maybe these American people aren't suicide bombers but many are ex-military who later join police departments, for starters. The Department of Justice concluded widespread selective enforcement and corruption following a publicize police shooting in Missouri. This is certainly not the only guilty police department by any means. Police officials are cleared of murdering unarmed Black men while they let aggressive white men who are armed live. It's a everlasting story I'm sure we're both familiar with, racism remains apart of white culture. If whites want to change this they could but they don't. Scores of whites would instead protest being too rich, the 1%ers, but would not on a large scale protest racism because they benefit from it even in a modern era of well documented racism at every stage in life. Again, that's their system and their culture. I'd wish they use Nígger more openly, fly their confederate flag instead of hiding what they believe. At the very least they've been effective to convince too many people (blacks particularly) that race magically isn't an issue anymore and it works on many blacks even as they brain drain them for everyone's benefit but their own.

I'm not going to downplay the severity of racism today because they let Blacks get a job or get an education. We live in an advance world for racism to still be an issue.

Blacks need to continue building their own quality outlets knowing that racism is still in out there. When a black man thinks they've found a non-racist white, in the most extreme case let their black friend's brains get blown out for being black or their black friend simply reminds them that racism is still alive and watch their white friend only reawaken to their demons if serious harm is done to the their black friend only, they'll proudly march with their black friend's mourning family then... otherwise they'll retort with a defensive pep-talk encouraging their black friend to try harder... so that someone is not racist against them.. Lol.. Is it possible that instead of blaming the man being burned, we instead kill the people with torches?? Of course not, white domestic terrorists cant be killed like we kill the same extreme foreigners overseas. Their racism has went no where but down under.

"the denial of racism is racist itself" Bill Maher

1 Like

Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by Ilekeh(f): 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
softvio:
N-word to me means nothing. Just stop the discrimination n killins of the blacks in Texas n Ferguson

Thank you. The stupid media is focusing on irrelevant stuff.

Imagine calling Michael Brown an adult at age 18 and the terrorist Dylan Roof a child at age 21.

And these cops even took him to Burger king after arresting him. Wtf

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by softvio(m): 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ilekeh:

Imagine calling Michael Brown an adult at age 18 and the terrorist Dylan Roof a child at age 21.

lol ..u mean it? Burger King?
Kai! Dats racism at it Everest
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by softvio(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ilekeh:

lol.. U mean it? Burger King?
Re: President Obama Drops The N-word [AUDIO] by Ilekeh(f): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
softvio:

lol.. U mean it? Burger King?

Serious. They said he was hungry.
if na black man nko?

(1) (Reply)

Investors Raise 500m Euros For Calabar Sea Port Project / INTERESTING! 14 Love Stories Of Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo / Only Nigerians Know Why They Rejected Us – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.