Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money (1007 Views)

Timi Dakolo Replies Twitter User Tired Of Seeing His Wife In His Music Videos / Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) / Twitter Poll On How E-Money Makes His Money (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money by thepinkcrystal: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money + How He Sold Pure Water & Plantain Chips Growing Up
JUNE 23, 2015 in Celebrity that1960chick.com

Just because his songs aren’t on the charts every week and he isn’t on the hottest shows doesn’t mean Timi Dakolo isn’t stacking paper. Don’t get it twisted the West African Idol winner is making bank just by performing at corporate events. In a recent interview with NET, the vocal powerhouse gave us an insight into how he earns money as a music artiste. Revealing

I make my money from shows. Because you don’t see me on these publicised music concerts doesn’t mean I don’t get shows. I make money performing at corporate events. I get paid well for performing at birthday and private parties….

The father of three also goes on to reveal how he used to hawk pure water and plantain chips while growing up in Port Harcourt

I grew up with my grandmother in Port Harcourt. I grew up to know that my grandmother was my only parent. She used to have a shop at Mile 3 market in Port Harcourt. After school, I would join her at the market. I hawked pure water, plantain chips etc. I did a lot of hustling as a young boy. But the truth is, what I went through while growing up made me who I am today, the experience taught me that hard work pays.

He also discloses that after winning the West African Idol singing competition in 2007, life was still very tough for him and he didn’t even have money to pay his producer,

The big break didn’t come immediately after Idol. Despite the fact that I won the competition, it was very tough for me when I started my career. I had problems such that I didn’t know my left from right. It was very tough for me and winning the competition put a huge pressure on me, people were expecting me to hit the ground running but nothing was happening. I wasn’t releasing songs; I didn’t even know where to go from there. I later met Cobhams, I told him I may not have money to pay you now but I will pay you someday, let’s start making music and that was how my story changed.

Inspiring stuff!

Image Credit: Instagram
Re: Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
Welldone. But who ask u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money by kekakuz(m): 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
biaka1994:
Welldone. But who ask u
how dare you not know my mentor
o great one I apologize on her behalf
Re: Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
cheesy wink
kekakuz:

how dare you not know my mentor

o great one
I apologize on her behalf
Re: Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money by BALLERON(m): 7:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
Cobhams smiley
Re: Timi Dakolo Explains How He Makes His Money by hatux: 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good for him....We're all making money too.... And we gon make it more and more...

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Bearded Bride / Kcee Wants You To See His Shoe Collection [photos] / Download New Olamide Song Lagos Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.