Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,250 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning (2968 Views)

The APC Delegates & Governors That Visited Buhari In London (Names, Photo) / 6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by metroparrot: 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo are currently meeting behind closed-doors with all state governors.

The meeting, holding inside the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, is the first of its kind since Buhari’s inauguration on May 29.

Issues such as the debts being owed state governments by the Federal Government and the lifeline being sought by state governors in order to meet their states’ demands are expected to dominate discussions at the meeting.

The meeting started at exactly 10.10am with the arrival of the President.

Among state governors in attendance when the meeting started were those of Rivers, Ogun, Imo, Gombe, Benue, Delta, Niger, Kano, Katsina, Zamfara, Kogi, Borno and Jigawa.

Others were governors of Kebbi, Kwara, Taraba, Ekiti, Ondo, Kaduna, Oyo, Osun, Edo, Anambra, Sokoto, Ebonyi, Lagos, Adamawa, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Yobe States.

Plateau and Bayelsa States were represented by their deputy governors.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/06/list-of-governors-that-attended-meeting.html
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by metroparrot: 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Was mr Osinbade invited ? undecided

1 Like

Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Jorussia(m): 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lemon12:
so you commented without going through the post?

7 Likes

Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
What of governor of southwest in qoute?
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by aare07(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
Caretaker Governor was also in attendance.
Guess who?

Wike.

He has less than 6 months to go.

We are ready for progressive Change.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by kendrick9(m): 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lemon12:
Why should they invite a mere commissioner?
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Excellent7(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
It's a pity that governance at the state level has been reduced to this especially with respect to the 2nd term state governors.
For the 2nd term governors, I consider this to be proof of lack of capacity in management of financial resources.
For the first term governors, I might be more lenient, but this is obviously an indictment on their predecessor's managerial skills.
All in all the buck stops at the President's table and he should be careful to treat these requests with caution, so as not be seen to be to be rewarding incompetence.
If any bailout must be given at all, the Presidency must exact very strict conditions so that the bailout does not go the way of their statutory allocations.
In a democracy with separation of powers supposedly at the 3 tiers, I think it will not be a bad idea to request that the state governors cede the management of their state finances to the federal government in exchange for bailouts. These bailouts should not be free money, but loans on interests below commercial rates (say 7.5 to 10%) and restricted in what they can be used for with a tenure not more than 1 year for repayment after say a 2 month moratorium. It should be like an advance release of allocations. The Federal government collects the total sum with interests in a 12 months monthly deduction from the states' allocation at source.
Financial profligacy must not be rewarded.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2015
Where are the gov of abia, Enugu, nasarawa and bayelsa?

1 Like

Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by ricsman(m): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
Excellent7:
It's a pity that governance at the state level has been reduced to this especially with respect to the 2nd term state governors.
For the 2nd term governors, I consider this to be proof of lack of capacity in management of financial resources.
For the first term governors, I might be more lenient, but this is obviously an indictment on their predecessor's managerial skills.
All in all the buck stops at the President's table and he should be careful to treat these requests with caution, so as not be seen to be to be rewarding incompetence.
If any bailout must be given at all, the Presidency must exact very strict conditions so that the bailout does not go the way of their statutory allocations.
In a democracy with separation of powers supposedly at the 3 tiers, I think it will not be a bad idea to request that the state governors cede the management of their state finances to the federal government in exchange for bailouts. These bailouts should not be free money, but loans on interests below commercial rates (say 7.5 to 10%) and restricted in what they can be used for with a tenure not more than 1 year for repayment after say a 2 month moratorium. It should be like an advance release of allocations. The Federal government collects the total sum with interests in a 12 months monthly deduction from the states' allocation at source.
Financial profligacy must not be rewarded.

well spoken
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by lukecent: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
I didn't see Abia and Enugu. where is Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu? k they re not owing their workers
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by masseratti: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
The federal allocation sharing thing should be abolish,some states has no reason to be a state in the first place, let every state control resources in their land and pay it's workers, let them contribute 35% to the centre,all the Jostle for power at the centre will reduce, states will develop at their own pace with healthy competition.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by IamG(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
I hope these includes all the debtors... It is only evil to owe the (already) suffering masses...
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Tecnonews24: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
aare07:
Guess who?

Wike.

I guess it makes u feel better to think that wike will be removed. haven't You ask yourself how a sitting governor was defeated in his own ward @ his father back yard? Wike is a grass root man, ten ameachi put together cannot unseat him. but if you guys are counting on fragile buhari who could not pull NASS election Outcome in his party favour to remove wike , I guess that Will be the joke of the year.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by HzRF(m): 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
aare07:
Guess who?

Wike.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by ahaz: 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
aare07:
Caretaker Governor was also in attendance. Guess who?

Wike.

boy ur mumu go last
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by mourinho: 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
grin I was there
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by halaprecious: 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
CAPITAL OIL BIG SALES
Can u handle oil and gas business?.. Meaning sales of crude products such as kerosene, diesel or petrol in large scale like tanker supply, are you into crude product and sale in large scale... be part of the few persons to get these product on demand and firsthand cheaper and affordable direct from our reserves. call MR MARTINS ON 08100339343
OTHERS AND SUPPLY FROM HUNDRED LITERS AND ABOVE
please note that all buyers are to follow our rules strictly.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by Yeske2(m): 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Thank God my able governor Obiano was there and hope he gave those spendthrift governors a crash course on governance, if not Obiano is wicked.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by horlabiyi(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
OP help me greet commissioner Osinbade.
Re: List Of Governors That Attended The Meeting With President Buhari This Morning by AmucheJane(f): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
lukecent:
I didn't see Abia and Enugu. where is Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu? k they re not owing their workers
Enugu is not owing, for Abia state maybe the governor is not owing too. Enugu Ex-governor paid workers before leaving office.

(1) (Reply)

See The Mistake Vanguard Did This Morning On Facebook / Why Goodluck Jonathan Went On "Exile" In Ivory Coast / PMB's Health: My Predictions Are Coming True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.