Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) (1173 Views)

Saraki Fails To Release NASS Budget Details / We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency / Senator Akpan Bows To Greet Saraki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
Senate President, Bukola Saraki has confirmed that the senate has set up an ad hoc committee to review the budget of the National Assembly following calls by the public that the National Assembly’s budget is astronomical.

“Senate will be setting up an ad hoc committee to reappraise the structure of the National Assembly budget and make it more open. #OpenNass,” he wrote on his official Twitter account.

It would be recalled that there was a backlash against the NASS on social media platform, Twitter, following rumours that the wardrobe allowance for each lawmaker was put at N9bn over four years.

In a bid to have a transparent National Assembly, Saraki, has set up a committee that will make available to the public the allowances of the lawmakers in the Red and Green chambers.

“Three issues we must urgently address. Falling revenue and fiscal crises in states, unsustainable cost of governance and rising cost of doing business.”

“The task before us is enormous but very clear. Nigerians voted for change. They expect that we improve the quality of governance. It is at times like these that our nation must buckle up, face realities of our predicaments and forge ahead to ensure a brighter future,” he said.

He added that: “Eight-man Senate ad hoc committee comprising of three Senators from each geopolitical zone to immediately draw up a Legislative Agenda for 8th Senate.

“The expected draft agenda, will have input of all Senators and will give the 8th Senate focus and cohesion in pursuing our set targets.”

“I believe we can all make this nation Nigeria great again, but it all starts now if we all can believe,” he wrote.

Source: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/23/weve-set-up-ad-hoc-committee-to-redress-nass-budget-says-saraki/

Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by GeneralQuamdeen: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
Till when.. Until they stop functioning..
However, dont forget to vote for Jarizod today for Mr Nairaland.. See my signature
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by unclejb2(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
This same committee that GEJ was always setting up? Members of this committee will still be paid unimaginable huge sums and we will still see it on the front page of nairaland in future. We for just dey contented with the wan wey dem don already allocate give themselves than making them steal more through the establishment of another ghost committee.
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
unclejb2:
This same committee that GEJ was always setting up? Members of this committee will still be paid unimaginable huge sums and we will still see it on the front page of nairaland in future. We for just dey contented with the wan wey dem don already allocate give themselves than making them steal more through the establishment of another ghost committee.

That is why it is called DEMOCRATIC RULE. For you to do anything, you must consult...
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
Till when.. Until they stop functioning..
See my signature
only time will answer this question
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by unclejb2(m): 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chigold101:

That is why it is called DEMOCRATIC RULE. For you to do anything, you must consult...
Then our democracy will and is ruining our already collapsing dilapidated economy. These politicians won't stop seeing us as juu men.
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
unclejb2:
Then our democracy will and is ruining our already collapsing dilapidated economy. These politicians won't stop seeing us as juu men.
grin cheesy
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by sheymoni(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
Are we back to the committee era? We are tired of all these useless committee
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
sheymoni:
Are we back to the committee era? We are tired of all these useless committee
humn... I dont think that setting up committee is useless thing.

I think it is always important we do so in a democratic setting.

Though most times those that set up the commettee do not make us of their recomemdations. It is sad though
Cc ishilove
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by sheymoni(m): 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Chigold101:
humn... I dont think that setting up committee is useless thing.

I think it is always important we do so in a democratic setting.

Though most times those that set up the commettee do not make us of their recomemdations. It is sad though
Cc ishilove

That's exactly my concerns
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
sheymoni:
[/b]

That's exactly my concerns
who will save Nigerians from the handof their leaders?
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by tunex23: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
Saraki is a big thief
Re: We’ve Set Up Ad Hoc Committee To Redress NASS Budget, Says Saraki (Photo) by Chigold101(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
tunex23:
Saraki is a big thief
how do you mean?

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Group Drags FG To Court Over NASS Leadership Tussles / Opinion: Why Have People Stopped Shouting..." Sai Baba" / ANTI-GAY LAW: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law–united States Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.