Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,532 members, 7,823,313 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing (1463 Views)

Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On / My Nissan Pathfinder 2002 Engine Is Always Hot / Help!!! My Engine Oil Indicator Is Showing While The Oil Is Guage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by Elsafema: 4:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
I just discovered that my MDX engine indicator light is flashing when am on top of speed and stop when the speed is slow down. Pleas What could have caused this
Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by Unibentested(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
Elsafema:
I just discovered that my MDX engine indicator light is flashing when am on top of speed and stop when the speed is slow down. Pleas What could have caused this

My MDX 2004 was flashing when I just got it, after servicing it stopped..and came on again after sometime, mechanic said it could be removed with a computer somewere in VI if it bothers me, but that it's no problem so long the car was properly serviced..doesn't seem to be any problem so I jst ignored it..have you serviced it and changed the oil, and had the engine checked
Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Please be careful flashing engine light could be very big problem related to gearbox or serious engine problem. In my Nissan Service Manual, it says not to drive above 70 - 80km/h when engine light is flashing and drive straight to the mechanic if possible.
Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 5:34am On Jun 24, 2015
@ Elsafama, An Check Engine indicator light flashing on the c
luster is a of serios misfiring in one or more cylinders which could be as a result of bad spark plugs, ignition coil or injector nozzles. This is one if the causes of boken catalyst in the exhaust system if ignored or not rectified on time. U can run a scan on the vehicle in order to know which of the cylinders misfiring.
For Further help, contact
Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by doroboss(m): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2015
Unibentested:

My MDX 2004 was flashing when I just got it, after servicing it stopped..and came on again after sometime, mechanic said it could be removed with a computer somewere in VI if it bothers me, but that it's no problem so long the car was properly serviced..doesn't seem to be any problem so I jst ignored it..have you serviced it and changed the oil, and had the engine checked

Your mechanic is a COW

1 Like

Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by Chuxxy4me(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2015
U need to stay away from such mechanics for your own good. Since you are in Lagos, call Gazzus on 08023251039 for a specific fix. It is a powertrain fault around your injector nozzles, ignition coils, spark plugs or the electrical lines supplying current to them. so it needs to be scanned to determine which.
Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by sultaan(m): 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
When you engine light flashes the car is saying stop driving and get it fixed immediately or you will need a new engine soon.

Your mechanic is suppose to scan first to know exactly what part of the engine ia about to fail.it could be as simple as multiple misfire or broken timing guides scaning for the fault is the best thing to do, guessing or taking stories from mechanis is worst the to do. some people can do it for you here free and it is up to you to go fix the problem
Re: My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing by Elsafema: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
doroboss:

Your mechanic is a COW
lol

(1) (Reply)

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Can We Talk About It! / You Sure Need Us / Welcome To The Future: SmartTravel, A Future Automatic Public Transport System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.