Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Career As A Writer - The Importance Of Your Book Cover - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career As A Writer - The Importance Of Your Book Cover (426 Views)

Considering Taking Up A Career As A Librarian / Six (6) Steps With Which You Can Kick Start Your Career As A Freshman In The Uni / Career As A Writer - Little Things That Go A Long Way In Selling Your Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career As A Writer - The Importance Of Your Book Cover by ipicasso: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
Let's face it: in this information age writing eBooks has quickly turned into a very lucrative business. There are many people out there constantly looking up information on how they can acquire a particular skill or how to solve a particular problem. A good number of people have also gone into D.I.Y. (Do it yourself) so they search for eBooks on how they can do particular things by themselves. This is not restricted to self-help books alone but it also extends to fiction novels. Millions of people download novels and short stories on a daily basis. The availability of smartphones and tablets make the reading experience quite personal to the user.

So, yes, there is a large market out there for your eBooks!

I mentioned in my earlier post ( https://www.nairaland.com/2393980/career-writer-little-things-go ) that your eBook cover is one of the things that potential readers look at. And it is one of the things that can go a long way in ensuring that your eBook sells.

Yes, you got that right! Your eBook cover is a marketing tool that can ensure that your eBook gets sold.

Look at it this way: no one can really know what is in your eBook unless they buy it, right? Then one of the ways one can have an insight of what is in the book is from the book cover. Therefore, if your book cover is not appealing, then the possibility of the book being sold reduces greatly no matter how amazing the content of your eBook is.

Not convinced? Imagine you put up your eBook on the kindle store on Amazon. Your eBook cover will have to face so many other eBook covers. Your eBook cover will have to compete with millions of other covers. One of the things that will move someone who browses through the list of eBooks to pick yours is the eBook cover. This means that the "Don't judge a book by it's cover" rule does not apply in this instance. Online, the eBooks are ALWAYS judged by their covers.

So, yes, eBook covers are VERY important.

Do you have an eBook that needs a professional eBook cover? You can hire someone to do it - like me Indie Picasso cheesy (very affordable wink ) email me at indie.picasso@yahoo.com for more details.

Check this out and tell me what you think smiley
[img]http:///a/img633/9499/wYtuaD.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

1 Day Free Training/workshop On Quickbooks Accounting 2015 / Are You Learning Enough To Succeed? / Samsung Wanting To Build An 11K Mobile Display That Can Look Alike 3D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.