Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment (17123 Views)

Fayose & Rochas Okorocha Meet In Osun For Aregbesola's Mum's Fidau Prayer / Aregbesola Impeachment: Osun Assembly Sends Him Judge's Petition / Unpaid Salaries; Serving Osun Judge Asks For Aregbesola's Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by onyenro(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
AN Osun State judge, Justice Oloyede Folahanmi has called on the state House of Assembly to investigate the alleged mismanagement of the state’s financial resources by the governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola and his deputy in accordance with Sections 128 and 129 of the 1999 constitution, saying there is no moral justification for their continued stay in office.

Folahanmi, in a 30-page petition urged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,EFCC, United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, Amnesty International, Transparency International among others, to investigate any other person found to be responsible for what he described as ‘’ deliberate mismanagement of the economy of Osun State.’’

The petitioner further accused Aregbesola of acting in defiance of some sections of the constitution which bordered on the welfare of Osun indigenes.

Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun celebrating his re-election in Osogbo on Sunday
Gov. Rauf Aregbesola of Osun celebrating his re-election in Osogbo on Sunday
The petition reads in part: ‘’I am propelled by the desire to see the pains of my fellow human beings ameliorated and to possibly, help take away the reproach of our state as “A bankrupt” and “A failed state” and the desire to join hands with other like minds to help salvage the sinking ship of Osun State.

‘’I declare that in addition to the media-hype of Osun’s parlous financial condition, I have firsthand experience which constitutes evidence of the unfortunate situation in which Osun currently finds herself.

‘’Even Mr. Governor has admitted publicly, the fact that Osun is in financial quagmire and that he is clueless on how to pull her out of the doldrums. Mr. Governor’s argument that salaries can only be paid from statutory allocations is also faulty, we demand that he substantiate his claim by giving the section of the law that so provides. In any event, all funds, all allocations and all expenditures are expected to be backed by legislation, and are statutory, otherwise, they are illegal.

‘’Consequently, the admitted inability of Mr. Governor and his deputy to pay pensions, salaries and allowances for periods ranging from eight to 11 months now, as a consequence of their own decision to accumulate debts beyond the capacity of the state’s internally generated revenue, whilst the very ‘ actors’ Mr. Governor and his deputy continue to enjoy their security allowances in hundreds of millions, is a violation of their oaths of office.

‘’Their action in this respect is as illegal as it is immoral and unconscionable. It is an evidence of their inability to discharge the functions of their office. There is therefore no legal or moral basis for their continued stay in office.

‘’Neglecting the welfare of members of the community under the guise of wanting to provide infrastructure, runs contrary to the teachings of Christ, the son of God, Jesus of Nazareth. The provision of infrastructures at the expense of human lives and the dignity of man is therefore repugnant to natural justice, equity, and good conscience and must be denounced as abominable. It contradicts Principle 1 of the Stockholm Conference.

‘’Instead of pursuing the noble ideals enshrined in our constitution, the ideals of social order, and “ensure a just world economic order” and “universal brotherhood” Mr. Governor and his deputy are assiduously working against it, as exemplified by the cruel, and harsh debasement of pensioners and civil servants by deliberately and maliciously withholding their salaries for months, in an attempt to brow beat, subjugate to take away their God given free will, and reduce them to mindless robots, with herd mentality, devoid of the ability to take any decision for themselves and unable to assert or actualize themselves!

‘’To this end and for this reason I am sure other well -meaning and concerned members of the Osun community are hereby calling on honourable members of the state House of Assembly to pick up the gauntlet and redeem themselves by giving effect to the provisions of Sections 128 and 129 of the Constitution, empowering them to investigate and bring to justice, all those who have corruptly enriched themselves at the expense of Osun and her people.’’
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/unpaid-salaries-serving-osun-judge-calls-for-aregbesolas-impeachment/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by INTROVERT(f): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
People keep hating and saying am jobless and all what not about me hitting FTC on front page everyday angry angry angry angry

MY ADVICE TO YOU ALL: Don't worry about me, better hustle HARD I might not have to lift my hands to work but i will never go hungry or broke or beg. kiss kiss kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
I hereby declare d state of osun a failed state...
I hear say seun come from osun #make I close mouth before dem ban me

Am coming wif ma NL lovers to vote for u enmass and am using dis medium to also beg dem to tell dem frnds on nairaland
Ma lovers on NL base on ma scale of preference, from d most important to d least

1)Genea(shez ma everytin)
2)Yourmain(she left me for fula boy)
3)Mathematical(she kinda hates me, not her fault though)
4)Raayah cum rayaah(shez in luve wif midolian
5)Sarahbabyxx(depreaye told me to stay away from her)
6)Chowlade(she hates me too)
7)Remember007(she told me she likes money)
coolBeremx(she may not vote and may even tell all her frnds not to vote for u)
9)Dollyak(how can I marry a grl dat hates niger delta #crying)
10)Pentiumpro(ma spirit just don't like her, if she got d chance to poison me, I can bet dat she won't spare me)

#pls ma beautiful ladies, let's come out to vote for dat naughty boi called agarawu23. And come along wif frnds to vote for him
I love all of una
How I wish dere is a religion dat can make me marry 10 wivesm #crying in west germany

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Vicadonis(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
long overdue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 24, 2015
Mr Rauf Aregbesola should go 6months without salary let's see how he copes with iit.

A sane person will donate high percent of his salary to the affected just to show empathy!

ii honestly hope he understands that he didn't vote himself iin, he iis there to serve the ones that voted him into office.

#MyOpinion

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Ojestas(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2015
The Clueless Governor .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by exemen: 8:08am On Jun 24, 2015
Thats Goid...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by mrborntodoit: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Aregbese deserves to be impeached !

Obviously,the life of the common man doesn't mean anything to him,he prefers to throw Owambe rather than fulfill his job as a governor cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by sanandreas(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Months no salary . Cruel sad

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by UnknownT: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
He dey owe judges too?

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by ShowYourCertificate: 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
A very good initiative. Aregbesola needs to be impeached. This will send a strong signal across to other governors. It's a terrible crime to owe workers their wages.

I heard the Daura President wants to share our savings among the governors. So this effectively means he endorsed the way the governors embezzled the state's money. Instead of the senile dullard to demand explanation and a refund of the embezzled money, he's busy setting up committee that will share our country's savings among the irresponsible governors. This is corruption.

[size=25pt]#DauraDullard[/size]

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by igbsam(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Osun isn't the only one owing that much.....Why make him a scapegoat ? Anyway, i dont support anyone owing salaries of hard working Nigerians.

The Idi.ot above me needs his brains soaked in chlorine for 2yrs. He needs mental help asap and i hope he keeps up with this for the next 4yrs if he doesn't die an early death due to hatred for PMB.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by natas22: 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
Too much of juju has blinded our dear gov
www.

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Lousymouth(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2015
Who pays the Judges? Abi dem don impeach am ni....

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2015
It's high time he stepped down or get impeached

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by INTERMAN: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2015
That's good. Unserious man. I am sure if the man shld have a deadly disease and he was asked to bring 90 billion dollars for operation. I am sure the man would go as far as China, world bank or switzerland to borrow that money. But in this type of case, he is no concern. Aregbe can actually do 1001 things to get that money. But he would refuse to do it. Is that not wickedness? Remember how God dealt with pharaoh in the Bible.

6 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by tolexy007(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2015
actually diz is a gud idea, but u and I knows dat it can't happen, Not in diz Nigeria
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2015
When the people of Ekiti state roundly rejected the APC, because of newspaper 'performance' and progressivism, the APC labelled them uninformed and playing the politics of stomach infrastructure. They deployed all resources at their disposal to ambush and corner Osun to themselves. Today, the people are witnesses to the progressives.

Is Osun state owing Aregbe, his commissioners, aides and House of Assembly members salary or allowances?

I pity the gullible masses cos some of them will attack my post and in want of something to say, shall ask "Is he the only Governor owing?"

For those of you that voted for 'change'; it is high time you begin to hold the people you voted into power accountable, if you really want them to succeed. From all indications, it seems we sold a dog for a monkey. Those of us in the opposition thought the APC would be better organised than the PDP. The reverse is the case.

The fight in the Senate yesterday was a big shame. embarassed

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by anytexy: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Even without judge saying it. I have said it before that all the governors both so called Apc and PDP that is owing more than one month salary should be impeached and stoned period. They are all Thiefs and wicked. Enough of this nonsense. Even Ameachi some time ago said that we should start "stonning our corrupt leaders. Is because we don't stone them that is why they are stealing our money and we keep on hailing them." Nigerians should rise..fight those rogues called politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2015
e be like judge sef never receive salary in a while... grin grin grin...,make on impeach the fool sharply... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by NOTRIBE: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2015
yoruba tanoids...why are guys quiet?...Well it is not his fault after settling his godfather, theifnebu and financing dullard for change...he will not be able to pay APC slaves.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by bloodkiIler: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2015
Aregbesola is a nincompoop

5 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by daikale: 8:13am On Jun 24, 2015
I don't know what they re waiting for in that state
they should have impeach that non performing governor, knowing fully well that 90% of workers in Osun work with Government

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by hollandis(f): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2015
Useless commrnts from Nairalanders,if it were a pdp govermor,he would have been e-lynched

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by tunex23: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2015
[/quote]
bloodkiIler:
Aregbesola is a nincompoop
bloody f00l
Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by Nnemuka(f): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Salaries: Serving Osun Judge Calls For Aregbesola’s Impeachment by 3rdeye1(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2015
Mr Aregbe is full of propaganda... This is what Osun people voted for. Truly, he has no moral justisfication to lead Osun people. I like the courage of the Judge though.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah: There Will Be Trouble If IPOB Insists Anambra Election Won’t Hold / Ngige: Buhari’s Government Has Created 7m ‘blue Collar’ Jobs / ‘Young Professionals’ Donate N10m For Tinubu 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.