Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

I Don’t Know Anything About I’coast Job – Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don’t Know Anything About I’coast Job – Keshi (356 Views)

I Haven’t Seen Nigeria's Ndidi, I Don’t Know Him, Denied Leicester Boss Ranieri / Stephen Keshi Died Of Cardiac Arrest - Family / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Know Anything About I’coast Job – Keshi by xlash(m): 4:01am On Jun 24, 2015

Stephen Keshi

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has insisted that he did not apply for the vacant Ivory Coast coaching job.

The former Nigeria captain appeared before the Nigeria
Football Federation Disciplinary Committee on Tuesday in Abuja to defend himself against claims he applied for
another job while having a two-year contract with the NFF.

The Fédération Ivoirienne de Football had named Keshi as
20th on a list of 59 coaches that applied to replace Herve Renard as coach of the Elephants.

He was also criticised for including a non-league player in the squad that beat Chad 2-0 in their 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Kaduna on June 13.

“Like you guys know, I never applied for the Ivory Coast job,”
Keshi was quoted as saying by Goal on Tuesday.

“My name is everywhere. It happens to every coach. So it is not a big deal. My name is always everywhere. The question is that should I take Ethiopia to court? Should I take Kenya or Tanzania to court (for including my name in their lists)?”

Keshi said he was not aware goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama and midfielder Ogenyi Onazi were invited by the committee.

Both players face disciplinary actions following their behaviour in the game against Chad. Onazi was given a red card while the NFF frowned upon Enyeama’s comment on the security situation in Kaduna.

Keshi urged Nigerians to focus on Nigeria’s next 2017 Africa Cup of Nations game against Tanzania.

He said, “We thank God for the victory against Chad. Now, I think what we should be thinking of is how prepared we are to face and win our away match against Tanzania. That should be our mission right now, not what the media are saying about Keshi.

“We need to go ahead and forge a formidable team, which includes the press, the players and the NFF so that we can conquer the world and conquer Africa. My focus right now is to prepare for the game against Tanzania.”

SOURCE: http://primebaze.com
Re: I Don’t Know Anything About I’coast Job – Keshi by waleadex(m): 4:28am On Jun 24, 2015
Media stunt thing...
Re: I Don’t Know Anything About I’coast Job – Keshi by Edwardhead(m): 6:04am On Jun 24, 2015
[size=15]yaaaaaawwwwnnn[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Whilst Fifa Steals Ideas From American Football ,NFF Is Brain Dead! / BREAKING NEWS: Marseille Accept West Ham Bid For Payet But Want Player To Stay / De Gea Rented Apartment Up For Sale – Real Madrid Switch Near?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.