Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ (717 Views)

Mass Sack In Nigeria’s Oil Industry, Over 3,000 Affected / ‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc / FG Owes 16 States N580bn On Rehabilitated Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by espn(m): 5:46am On Jun 24, 2015
The Federation of Construction Industry (FOCI) has said that the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan is indebted to contractors to the tune of about N600 billion.

President of FOCI, Solomon Ogunbusola, told journalists yesterday in Abuja at the organisation’s 59th annual general meeting that the indebtedness of the government made urgent call for a state of emergency in the sector imperative.

He cited three major corporations that are “almost distressed” by over N200 billion debts being owed them by the government to include Julius Berger, SETRACO and MCC.

His words: “Government is owing the construction industry over N600 billion. For over a year or two years now, we have never had it so bad because the payments are not coming and we don’t know what to do.
Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/fg-owes-construction-industry-over-n600-billion/

Our dear EX-PRESIDENT may GOD reward you accordingly. Am still searching for the PROJECTS this money was used for.. failed nation.
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 24, 2015
How?

There is every reason to question Ebele Jonathan. State owe, Federal owe. No Job, Unemployment everywhere. We would have been transformed to what we don't know oo. Now another debt to settle else they will not work for fg. Why would there be unemployment when they struggle to pay salary to workers.

PMB request receipts for all this payments oo so we will know that when you appoint your ministers, they will start on a fresh note. No more complains else someone would rot in Jail.
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by eneji50(m): 5:51am On Jun 24, 2015
Jonathan!Jonathan!!Jonathan!!!how many times did I call u? bring back our money ooo,My pocket my concern,certified ebira boy...
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by amnesty7: 5:53am On Jun 24, 2015
That's why a lot of construction companies have sent their workers home on redundancy. PMB really has a work to do. May those that deliberately caused this mess be paid in the same coin.
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by Dongreatken(m): 6:03am On Jun 24, 2015
This is serious
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by Vicadonis(m): 6:04am On Jun 24, 2015
So many debts.
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 24, 2015
ASUU was also owed some billions. The 7 trillion naira allegation was probably right
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by Maxymilliano(m): 6:44am On Jun 24, 2015
This is quite much .
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by geesampower(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2015
amnesty7:
That's why a lot of construction companies have sent their workers home on redundancy. PMB really has a work to do. May those that deliberately caused this mess be paid in the same coin.
Not just construction workers. We are also being owned. Reason why I laff when I see people defending jonathan. I made good money from his government, but I am very aware of the deception and supposed projects they want nigerians to believe and yet refuse to pay contractors. Hope PMB would address our issue on time cos the depth is killing our businesses.
I say this with all sincerity, Jonathan's government was terribly corrupt. I mean rotten!
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by geesampower(m): 6:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Maxymilliano:
This is quite much .
Depth to contractors is far more than that. Trust me I am involved and part of those owned. That is just for a set of companies that deals in building and roads. Hope the rest of us can mobilize and voice out too.
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by olasmith10(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2015
money that cld v bn properly channeled to d right places was exchanged in funding his election campaign...substituting capital projects with personal interest That guy issue just tire me...
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by gambit10: 7:17am On Jun 24, 2015
and somebody wanted that shoeless bastard to continue as president....it is wah for some people o
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by espn(m): 7:31am On Jun 24, 2015
That man is next to d devil..
Re: ‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ by katerine7(f): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2015
na so so owe owe ena dey owe

(1) (Reply)

Photo - Police Arrest Man For Raping 8 Year Old Boy, / Jega To Retire On Tuesday, June 30 / Professor Attahiru Jega Takes Up Lecturing Job At Bayero Univeristy, Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.