Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar (21430 Views)

Naira Faces Further Decline On Continued Dollar Scarcity / Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 24, 2015
I don't hate Mr President. Telling him to live to his responsibility isn't hate my guy!
Elxandre:

Man, what happened to you?
You are no longer objective since you crossed over.
Is this how easily love turns to deep hatred and resentment? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by spanzed(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2015
mehn this is really spoiling market
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by IVORY2009(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2015
As @ today the dollar against the green back is exchanging for 222-223 against the US dollar, what dis simply means is that, der is too much demand for the green back by perhaps importers and also the reserve is low too, to get back to our feet, Nigeria needs to stop all forms of importation, and promote production/consumption of locally made goods, etc.
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2015
naijababe:

Do not call me baby girl, I am well above that league thank you very much. So Buhari could have done something to prevent the naira sliding from 210 to 222 in less than a month?

Barcanista, wisdom in a principle thing and in all your getting, get understanding. Some of your comments are downright baffling given your analytical skills, think beyond NL and the cheap popularity contest that comes with it.
Absolutely yes. His failure to appoint ministers and to give clear policy direction means the country is just floating. No government is given the luxury of "time and wait". I am not out for popularity earning but to pen my view on issues. Dollar now sells 222 naira and you say we shd keep quiet? Shd we wait until it climbs to N300?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by 9jatatafo(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Waiting for N1=$1
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
1bunne4lif:
Don't mind her. Does she think that the dogo yaro would be given the whole time in the world? They have been talking and now we want them to act and make it fast. I can't wait for N1=1$
Bro, are you really waiting for N1 to be $1? You never hear say d thing de bad more and more?
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by UncleJudax(m): 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
MarieSucre:
This portends bad for people who import and export. This is not good at all.
No, not really. The increased cost of doing business, especially, importation would be passed on to the populace.

You just have to improve your spending power or...you know the rest.
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by ajepako(f): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
I will always commend the government when they do the right thing. I have no personal issues with Buhari and I still maintain that. My own is that he should keep to his word by declaring his asset and also run the government the way it should be. I don't expect him to know everything (nobody can), but I expect him to fix the right people and chun out sane developmental policies.

Well said Barca..
He gave the impression of being the much-awaited Messiah that will rescue Nigeria from the 'quagmire' caused by GEJ, shey?
So if Nigerians expect miracle from him, then, miracle he must wrought, since he promised it..

All rational- thinking folks know APC is the biggest scam in Nigeria and the populace will pay for it..

As they are already paying for it in Northeast.. with blood

Meanwhile here in Eko, I'm sipping my Avian water.. not kunu or zobo like some President Buhari of Dauraville..
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by agarawu23(m): 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
chigoizie7:
SHuo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Meanwhile agaraw u23. All the way.
thanks boss cool 9 am tomorrow for my vote smiley
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
ajepako:

Exactly bro!
Let the trainee and experimental president learn on the job..
By the time he is qualified, then:
North east will be completely wiped out by Boko Haram
Dollar will be 500 to naira

Then, APC e-warriors and Buharoids will know say na one chance dem enter..
ajepako:

Well said Barca..
He gave the impression of being the much-awaited Messiah that will rescue Nigeria from the 'quagmire' caused by GEJ, shey?
So if Nigerians expect miracle from him, then, miracle he must wrought, since he promised it..
All rational- thinking folks know APC is the biggest scam in Nigeria and the populace will pay for it..
As they are already paying for it in Northeast.. with blood
Meanwhile here in Eko, I'm sipping my Avian water.. not kunu or zobo like some President Buhari of Dauraville..
hahahaha My brother, the matter of APC tire me o. During campaign they said so many things to confuse Nigerians. In fact the President promised to "hit the ground running" from May 29. Now they are telling us that they need time to appreciate the situation. So they never did all that yet they were making noise during campaign. Smh

1 Like

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by ajepako(f): 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
AdelekeAkinola:
Many Nigerians are so tpribalistic and self cenptered to the epxtent that when they see white they will say its black as far as the white doesn't sooth them. I don't know why someone in his or her right sense will be calling the president a dullard,when your own father who was not a dullard never even became a councillor in your local government talkless of president. For God sake this man is our president even if he is dullard we are the one that put him there. So please cut all this your crappy foul language you use on the man else when the judgement of God come on you,nobody will be there for u. cos The bible say we should respect the people in authority dullard or not. A word is enough for the wise they say.

ori e buru lorun e!

Why didnt you start waxing morality when GEJ was mocked on this forum?

Abi GEJ is not old enough to be respected as a president, husband and father and old man?

Abeg, take your prim, bible-thumping principle elsewhere, prefarably, Moremi Hall in UNILAG, Allen Avenue of AYilara!
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Lovechyld101(m): 12:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
zoe123:

My dear forget google bought $3500 this morning for an expatriate in my company,na 222naira to a $

3k5 that's smiling to the bank oo0h how much wud bank have it change I don't have a Dom so am expecting tru money. Gram .
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Jesusloveyou: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
Absolutely yes. His failure to appoint ministers and to give clear policy direction means the country is just floating. No government is given the luxury of "time and wait". I am not out for popularity earning but to pen my view on issues. Dollar now sells 222 naira and you say we shd keep quiet? Shd we wait until it climbs to N300?
since u don't want to be quiet, what says thou,when it climb from 116 to 150,again climb to 220 during ur hero regime.

1 Like

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
AdelekeAkinola:
Many Nigerians are so tpribalistic and self cenptered to the epxtent that when they see white they will say its black as far as the white doesn't sooth them. I don't know why someone in his or her right sense will be calling the president a dullard,when your own father who was not a dullard never even became a councillor in your local government talkless of president. For God sake this man is our president even if he is dullard we are the one that put him there. So please cut all this your crappy foul language you use on the man else when the judgement of God come on you,nobody will be there for u. cos The bible say we should respect the people in authority dullard or not. A word is enough for the wise they say.
fake fake pastors evrywhere undecided
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by ajepako(f): 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
hahahaha My brother, the matter of APC tire me o. During campaign they said so many things to confuse Nigerians. In fact the President promised to "hit the ground running" from May 29. Now they are telling us that they need time to appreciate the situation. So they never did all that yet they were making noise during campaign. Smh

Barca, to be honest, this GEJ ouster is a blessing in disguise..
APC is already being exposed for its ill-preparedness for governance, agendaless stance, ignorance of the enormity of our problem, ego-centrism,
paddiocracy, and big-cockism.. It is imminent they cannot sustain the tempo of propaganda and falsehood they embarked on during their campaign..

Meanwhile, GEJ is resting fitfully in LA and drinking his 'ogogoro' in peace and laughing his head off at our present self-inflicted quagmire..

Raise your cup in a toast with me Barca!
And hey! I'm not a guy.. lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by UncleJudax(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
AdelekeAkinola:
I hope you preached all this when Jonathan was being serially abused with so many ear-piercing names?

If no, STFU.
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, are you really waiting for N1 to be $1? You never hear say d thing de bad more and more?
Buhari is a joker. I know he has nothing to offer
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
My Dear, Jonathan was laughing when results were announced (now I know why).

Why didn't you tell me you are a lady? grin

So hw are you darling? kiss
ajepako:

APC is already being exposed for its ill-preparedness for governance, agendaless stance, ignorance of the enormity of our problem, ego-centrism,
paddiocracy, and big-cockism.. It is imminent they cannot sustain the tempo of propaganda and falsehood they embarked on during their campaign..

Meanwhile, GEJ is resting fitfully in LA and drinking his 'ogogoro' in peace and laughing his head off at our present self-inflicted quagmire..

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by rusher14: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No....

The major cause is simple.

We are a resource dependent economy.

When the oil price is high....Nigeria has loads of foreign currency to back up the Naira....so the Naira gets stronger.

When the oil price is low....Nigeria does not have loads of foreign currency to back up the Naira....hence the current situation.

The simple solution is industrialization.Industrial development will enable us to produce competitive goods for the international market...and would provide jobs and attract investors galore....and by extension forex. But you Nigerians prefer your imported things. You won't make the needed investment in education and industry....which would lead us to industrial development. You won't deal with your security issues....you beg the govt not to bomb the NE and the SS because ?....and you won't deal with corruption....so who would invest in Nigeria, when he/she has to spend far more cash on bribes...and power and water supply, and even the security?

You better stop blaming the white man, and you , me and all of us better start blaming ourselves. When we welcome looters like that ex governor of Jigawa with much joy....why won't we be underdeveloped? His mates abroad who do corrupt deals are cooling their heels in jail.

[b]It's funny that the most vociferous when it comes to supporting bad governance are those who have been oppressed by this same mismanagement.

Some today are bitter that their very oppressors have been thrown out of office and would do anything to ridicule a new government that has hardly even started its programme.

The Naira has been in free-fall since the middle of the last year, due to dwindling returns based largely on the price of crude oil, Nigeria's main export.

The foreign reserve acts as the surety of one's wealth and is used to defend one's currency.

A country of 180 million inhabitants having just over 29 billion dollars, less than a decade after having 60 billion dollars in foreign reserve with little or no foreign debt at the time could be considered a high risk customer.

The market forces don't lie but government policies help sway market forces.

Government has a role to play as well as its citizens.

There should be an attempt by all, even if not borne out of patriotism but out of self preservation to make as much foreign currency as possible. This can be achieved by export of a product or service.

The Naira would continue to slide for now until we as individuals tap into the export market.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by pazienza(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
Well, the Zoo has always been on self destruction mode, but it seems like it's now on a fast track route to its default mode, ie self destruction.

Buhari better assemble a working team and get to work, that way Nigerians can say that he tried but failed.
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
ajepako:

I am wowed by your line of thought especially given you're a lady(no disrespect to them plzzz)...but they use their heart more than their head...keep it up
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by andyanders: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
We cannot just change things like this unless we tell ourselves the truth. We can ONLY force the dollar down and our naira improve in value only when we increase our export. We are not producing anything for export and we keep importing hence our present predicament.

Buhari or this government cannot make a change unless when we go down and start developing our agricultural sector by making sure that we go into mechanized farming. We need to go into agriculture and develop that area by having to export our farm products and start earning foreign exchange thereby forcing the dollar down and increasing our currency value.

I suggest that through NYSC scheme, they should be deployed into mechanized farming by granting them loan and using that 1 yr mandatory service to start empowering them to create employment and be an employer of labour, rather than wasting their youthfulness by engaging them where our senators and law makers would want to have them as s3x dolls

2 Likes

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Jesusloveyou: 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
Baby girl, I made mention of "Nigeria is going down under buhari". I didn't say it has gone down. How do you reconcile the fact that the dollar rate is at N222? That isn't a welcome development. We shdnt wait until things get out of hand before we talk. The business of governance under Buhari kicked of from May 29. We shd remember that!
if u know d degree of mess gej put us, u wil not be talking like this,the country is lean and empty,this year wil be tough,but trust PMB, as from next year everything wil come to normalcy, remember we are stil operating d fraudulent budget prepare by gej govt, where 12b wil be use to service unuse plane,4b for feeding,use 1b to fuel generator, paying of non-existing subsidy,using 25% to service consumable debt.etc. But don't worry, next year budget wil be well prepare to meet our demand.

1 Like

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by ajepako(f): 1:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am wowed by your line of thought especially given you're a lady(no disrespect to them plzzz)...but they use their heart more than their head...keep it up

Not this lady..she uses her head more than her heart..If she has one, that is..;lol

She is tougher than nails..

No offense to the testosterone here..
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Mariojane(f): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
ifyan:

Are you dreaming
it's actually nightmare
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by fanysteve: 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
One Naira =One dollar shortly
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
ajepako:

Not this lady..she uses her head more than her heart..If she has one, that is..;lol

She is tougher than nails..

No offense to the testosterone here..

Good...but in all, remember your womanhood supercedes all others...don't ever stop being emotional... it will scare men away if u do...and the joy of womanhood is fully discovered in her vulnerability...be real babe
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by ajepako(f): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Good...but in all, remember your womanhood supercedes all others...don't ever stop being emotional... it will scare men away if u do...and the joy of womanhood is fully discovered in her vulnerability...be real babe

IFAHIA! lol
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
ajepako:

IFAHIA! lol
Ok nah...just keep it real I advice again...
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by OXLANDOWN: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
This Government and leaders are just jokers.They are wasting away the future of upcoming generations.
How can a country in this era of knowledge still be depending on the eternal reserve to keep the currency afloat.

Buhari Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee get good economic gurus in your team and ignore the party members, if not our economy is going to be like that of Zimbabwe.

CBN hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nigeria need prayers.

1 Like

Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by Eggheaded(m): 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
We are waiting for buhari's promises. But cant we stop naira from further depreciation? Or is it until we have $1 to #1000? CBN pls help
Re: Naira Faces Fresh Pressure, Falls To 222 Per Dollar by TolaniLuv: 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Buhari Na God go punish u for lying to millions of Nigerian that u fit turn 1$ to 1Naira but I no blame u sha .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Should Worry Again About The Central Bank’s New Forex Ban / Anything You Want From The Alaba International Market ? / Fire Guts Bodija Market In Ibadan (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.