Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. (39677 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Wike’s Election As Rivers Governor / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor / Tribunal Upholds Ekweremadu's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by donphilopus: 5:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

lol. That sounds like Ebira language.
Are you an Ebira?? cool
No. Their brother from Edo State!!
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by nigerianvenom(m): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
e dey pain u gan gan

sampleeee...ekweeee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin.
fans of the dogoyao nigga don deh get heart attack
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by doublewisdom: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
warranger:

Shut up there you child of hate and rape. The next that would be heard of you is involvement in gang rape
See finishing o!
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by ZeezaRapture(m): 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
donphilopus:

No. Their brother from Edo State!!

lol okay sir. Pls i need your vote for Jarizod tomorrow embarassed
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by kenechi2015: 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
I think impeachment or resignation will definitely deepen the division already rooted in every aspect of life in the so called sham project Nigeria. I feel the Igbo’s should not be distracted by the current event, although, we need our people to be part of governance but personally those positions whether senate president or deputy is not really our problem, it will not impact much on our future as a progressive people. Nigeria as a nation has no structure or foundation and all positive efforts to redirect and reinvigorate Nigeria has been frustrated by those benefiting from the current structural mess since independent
I believe the right thing for the Igbo’s to do at this time is to galvanize efforts locally and internationally in exposing the evils Nigerian state has been tormenting on them by creating awareness locally and international demanding for the implementation of just concluded national conference or demanding a referendum for the people of Biafra region to determine their destiny. We have to engage in this project with peaceful approach, mounting demonstration locally and internationally to gather support to free our people from this entrenchment.
We have to utilize the opportunity presented by our people scattering all over the world to reach out to them and agree on consistent peaceful demonstration every three months to kick start this new face of struggle for freedom, equality and justice for all. This initiative will put Nigerian state locally and internationally in news headline which will eventually open up discussion locally and internationally on our demand. We can’t afford to continue to die in silence any more.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by 30pence: 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Written by Musa Abdullahi Krishi

Senate President Bukola Saraki on Wednesday stopped an attempt to nullify the election of Senator Ike Ekweremadu as deputy Senate president.

Ekweremadu who is of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) became deputy Senate president in an All Progressives Congress (APC) dominated Senate on June 9, in what appeared like a coup to some senators of the party who were at the International Conference Centers to attend a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

At Wedensday's plenary, Senator Kabiru Marafa raised a point of order where he observed that the election of Ekweremadu was in breach of the Senate standing rules.

He said the rules that the senate was using were initiated in 2011, which provides that an election into any of the presiding offices in the red chamber shall be via division and not secret ballot where two contestants are vying for any of the positions.

He observed however that Ekweremadu's election was done through secret ballot where he defeated Senator Ali Ndume of the APC. He wondered when the rules were amended and requested for an explanation from Saraki.

However, Saraki ruled him out of order, citing the Senate rules which provide that if a matter on presiding officer's election has been taken
care of, such cannot be considered any longer.

Wise one.
He knows that what affects his deputy, can as well be binding on him.
Removing Ekweremadu would have bn the easiest way to unseat Saraki.

Saraki ain't just smart, the dude is intelligent!

http://www.dailytrust.com.NY/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/58120-saraki-foils-move-to-nullify-ekweremadu-s-election-as-deputy-senate-president
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by donphilopus: 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

lol okay sir. Pls i need your vote for Jarizod tomorrow embarassed

Hehehehe. . . .My vote has always been for Agarawu. But if there's room for more than one aspirant, I would vote your candidate! cool
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by 30pence: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=chynergy1 post=35107077][/quote]

Exactly,
Unseating ekweremadu is the start of saraki's downfall.
The dude smart die...
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by omooba969(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
chynergy1:
what is keeping saraki is not APC members but 59 PDP senators.
a fall of Ekweremadu =a fall of Saraki.
i love his ingenuity and smartness.
he is a modern day politician.

@bolded,

Modern day what...? shocked I choose not to dress u down considering dat 9ja kind of politics is all u 've always known but I still think u need some enlightenment so u can understand dat none of dis robbers called politicians merits being referred to as modern day politician.

Learn abt other credible democracy(s) & u will knw dat 9ja ppl deserve better.
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
donphilopus:

Hehehehe. . . .My vote has always been for Agarawu. But if there's room for more than one aspirant, I would vote your candidate! cool

yeah you will save four contestants tomorrow..

His name is Jarizod..

So please i will be happy to see him on your list tomorrow sir! wink Thanks..

I hope you know how to go about the voting?
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=30pence post=35110368][/quote]I no know weda we fit add Solomon for hin name.. wink cheesy
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by OteDOLLAR(m): 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
warranger:
Saraki teaching APC skills he learnt from PDP. Once a PDP always a PDP. The true APCs are Tinubu and President Buhari.

A lots of intrigues are yet to fall in line. We are watching

Don't say dat again! Pa Buhari is CPC at heart!!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by donphilopus: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

yeah you will save four contestants tomorrow..
His name is Jarizod..
So please i will be happy to see him on your list tomorrow sir! wink Thanks..
I hope you know how to go about the voting?
As usual sir. cool
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by ZeezaRapture(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
donphilopus:

As usual sir. cool

thanks sir! smiley God bless..

1 Like

Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by Kolade354(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Buhari till 2019 grin
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by omooba969(m): 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
SporaD8:
What is Saraki still doing in APC by the way?
He should just return to PDP and let us hear word abeg!

@bolded,

He cannot try it wallahi ! A wise politician will always roll wit d winning team(party) & for argument sake influence still rests wit APC @d mo...gerrit?

As u knw just as it is a common knowledge, PDP is not showing any signs of seriousness yet & PDP wud be a risk zone for Mr. Saraki...IMO
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by omooba969(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
funlord:
grin
All these"_stupid old pdp and apc men and women" don't seem 2 realize that they should be fighting over making laws that would bring succor 2 the masses and development 2 naija! If you ask them the reasons 4 all these their hi jinks now they won't even have an answer 2 give! Na only dollars their ears dey pick up 4 conversation! Rubbish!

sweetgala:

You should watch the parliamentary sessions of UK and Australia, and US senate , it is same thing everywhere
Sure the US republicans shut down the government for several hours last year

@sweetgala,

I don't know much about US senate modus operandi or that of Aussie but UK parliament is far more modest than that of 9ja so plz & plz don't mis-inform the audience.

What we are seeing here in 9ja senate is gross incompetence & pure MADNESS !
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by Luukasz(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
APC will fail in all their plans.
All Hail Saraki the slayer and destroyer of APC
Just like they destroyed GEJ & PDP.But i want you to know one thing "In the Dark lies the enemy waiting to Ambush the Unsuspecting Man"
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by KanwuliaJara: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good MOVE! cool
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by Rexology: 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
donphilopus:
Saraki ruling his fellow party-men out of order anyhow he likes. Don't worry, uvo va zawu (Hands shall catch you)!! He should enjoy his little stay just like Wike is enjoying his!
Do you mean if his "party-men" are out of order, he should not rule them out of order simply because they are his " party-men"?
For your information, Saraki will only go higher and higher in politics, more people love him now than before.
Wike will govern Rivers State for 8years, maybe you would have been dead by then, if you don't want to see him as the Governor for that long.
In conclusion, hatred is your comparative advantage. I will always fight those that express hatred on this plateform.
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by naira0(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
[size=15pt]CHAiiiii[/size]
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by baby124: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
But who has decided on the matter? Definitely not the senate or the courts. Saraki knows he is on a slippery slide. He and Ekweremadu will face disgrace
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by justice54321: 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
Pdp stil remain political masters,no plans ll bring them bak to govt.apc structure ll nt last too much internal issue
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
donphilopus:

As usual sir. cool
thanx sir smiley
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by Chubhie: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
The way david mark sat and was observing said a thousand words.
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by donphilopus: 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rexology:

Do you mean if his "party-men" are out of order, he should not rule them out of order simply because they are his " party-men"?
For your information, Saraki will only go higher and higher in politics, more people love him now than before.
Wike will govern Rivers State for 8years, maybe you would have been dead by then, if you don't want to see him as the Governor for that long.
In conclusion, hatred is your comparative advantage. I will always fight those that express hatred on this plateform.

Hehehe. . . Death can come knocking at any time so I'm never afraid of death. Unlike cowards like you who would believe that only old men like Buhari would die leaving the young ones to live. Whether I like Wike/Saraki or not, if death comes knocking, I can't stop it. All we pray for is long-life and prosperity. So shove you death threat where the sun does not shine.

Simply tell us that TANdroids like you are loving Saraki more than ever before, not well-meaning Nigerians!
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by sweetgala(m): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
omooba969:

@sweetgala,

I don't know much about US senate modus operandi or that of Aussie but UK parliament is far more modest than that of 9ja so plz & plz don't mis-inform the audience.

What we are seeing here in 9ja senate is gross incompetence & pure MADNESS !

I speak not of the rowdiness but of the politicking, it is not unique to Nigeria , if you understand what Ed "Millipede " Milliband done to his brother to get the labour leadership you'll understand
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by omooba969(m): 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
sweetgala:

I speak not of the rowdiness but of the politicking, it is not unique to Nigeria , if you understand what Ed "Millipedes " Milliband done to his brother to get the labour leadership you'll understand

U av an argument there, I get ur drift...9ice 1. cool

1 Like

Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by okekeanayo(f): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
MosakuAW:
I thought this people called senetors are voted in to make law, but they in there to just make noise.

Haba!
Don't mind APC members, They will blame GEJ
Blame PDP
Blame Ekweremadu
Blame David Mark
Blame etc.
Shameless group of propagandists and seasoned liars without good moral standing
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by eddybanty(m): 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
All we want is good governance.
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by ahaz: 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
donphilopus:
Saraki ruling his fellow party-men out of order anyhow he likes. Don't worry, uvo va zawu (Hands shall catch you)!! He should enjoy his little stay just like Wike is enjoying his!
mumu wike is not the cause of ur poverty. If elections is reconnetested in rivers a million times wike must win. Rivers is not Osun
Re: Saraki Foils Move To Nullify Ekweremadu's Election As Deputy Senate President.. by MosakuAW(m): 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
okekeanayo:
Don't mind APC members, They will blame GEJ
Blame PDP
Blame Ekweremadu
Blame David Mark
Blame etc.
Shameless group of propagandists and seasoned liars without good moral standing

It is well my sister.

They are all the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Officers Help Abia Woman Tie Her Palm Fruits (Photos) / Governor Fayose Reacts To The Release Of Dapchi Schoolgirls / Giant APC Broom Erected At The City Gate, Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.