Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds (1332 Views)

5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / Teenagers Create Condoms That Glow When Exposed To Stds / New "Smart Condom" Changes Color When Hit By STD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by timidapsin(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ttBAwplINtQ/VYpFfCsJ3RI/AAAAAAAFqsI/-RaUzfq7ne0/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A new 'smart condom' was created by a group of teenage students for the Teen Tech awards, which they claim will glow different colors if it detects an STD!
The creators said the condom will work with a layer of chemicals on the surface that will attach to bacteria and viruses from STDs.
Here are the colors that the condom will change if STDs are detected:
“glow green for chlamydia, yellow for herpes, purple in the presence of the human papillomavirus which causes genital warts, and blue for syphilis.”Not only will the “smart condoms” make you aware if your partner might have an STD, one of the designers explained:
“We wanted to create something that makes detecting harmful STIs safer than ever before, so that people can take immediate action in the privacy of their own homes without the invasive

Source: http://afriwap.com/?topic=1123
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by delishpot: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
This na free std test o. So, how do we know if the glow is from the guy or the babe? Abi is it created to only alert the guy?
Anyhoe if a woman want to test herself for STI, no need to go to any lab, just buy this isj its just as simple as ABCD

A-buy the condom
B-insert into the vajayjay
C-pull ot out and note color
D-Take condom and color chart to your GP

1 Like

Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by preizton(m): 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Where is it sold?
Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by kossyablaze(m): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Choi!I need a dozen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by pharmagba: 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
This cannot be true. I believe it a marketing deceit to consumers. The reason being to detect this infection in the laboratory takes series of reagents and viewing different physical and biochemical properties to confirm the specific organism
Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by psucc(m): 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
The pH level determines the colour Staph- blue Gonorrhea - black Syphillis - orange HIV - red others blue-black
una no go killam for me.
Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by pharmagba: 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
psucc:
The pH level determines the colour
Staph- blue
Gonorrhea - black
Syphillis - orange
HIV - red
others blue-black

una no go killam for me.
Please me educate you, the normal vagina PH is btw 3.5 - 4.5. Please note that menstruation and semen can also alter vagina pH. The question is how do I differentiate pH can as a result of semen, hormonal changes in woman or the various infection. Let us be scientific.
Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by timidapsin(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Learning
Re: New Condom Changes Color When Exposed To Stds by psucc(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
pharmagba:

Please me educate you, the normal vagina PH is btw 3.5 - 4.5. Please note that menstruation and semen can also alter vagina pH. The question is how do I differentiate pH can as a result of semen, hormonal changes in woman or the various infection. Let us be scientific.
Haahahahahhahhh!

Scientist for woman toto.

I no dey house look.

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Read How This Lady Lost 18kg In 30days. / Which Of These Is Yours? / Best Pathology Lab Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.