Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car (1470 Views)

Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting / Toyota Hiace Bus Not Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by NwaTeacher1: 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Plz car gurus in the house. I lost my 1999 infiniti Qx4 sensor key. I have the spare one which is unsensor. My hope was to start using the unsensored spare key as a replacement but the key isn't starting the engine. It's opening d doors, fuel tank of the car but refuse to start the engine after revolving it. Plz what can i do to get this car on the road again?
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by mayor2013: 12:55am On Jun 25, 2015
Was the spare one starting the car before you misplaced the original key? Call 08165520837 to help fix back if you are in lagos
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by Lexusgs430: 5:09am On Jun 25, 2015
NwaTeacher1:
Plz car gurus in the house. I lost my 1999 infiniti Qx4 sensor key. I have the spare one which is unsensor. My hope was to start using the unsensored spare key as a replacement but the key isn't starting the engine. It's opening d doors, fuel tank of the car but refuse to start the engine after revolving it. Plz what can i do to get this car on the road again?

Immobiliser is not getting a response from the spare key.
You need another key programmed, if the spare is lacking immobiliser output.
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by Chuxxy4me(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2015
It's always good to state where u are based. The key has to be programmed to start the car. If your spare does not have a chip embedded in it, it cannot be programmed to work in which case u have to get another key with chip for the programming to be successful
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by pek(m): 10:56am On Jun 25, 2015
The key is doing what it ought to do. To avoid repetition, the person above me has nailed it.
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by NwaTeacher1: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks for your suggestion. Plz do you know how much it will cost and place i will get the replacement key. I based in Owerri
Chuxxy4me:
It's always good to state where u are based. The key has to be programmed to start the car. If your spare does not have a chip embedded in it, it cannot be programmed to work in which case u have to get another key with chip for the programming to be successful
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by itsmayiela(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2015
Go and get your key re-programmed by a key security expert. If that is too much for you to handle, simply get another ECU (brainbox).
Re: Sensored Key Was Lost & Unsensored Spare Is Not Starting My Car by chukel(m): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2015
U don't need to get a new key. U need to program that key. The programming is just to register it the immobilzer. But in toyota it's almost impossible programming another key without the transponder key available. I don't know if it's same with infinity.

(1) (Reply)

Buying A Used Car? Use This Check-list / Ford Mechanic / Real Names Of Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.