Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting (2584 Views)

Toyota Camry 2010 Vs Honda Accord 2010-why Is Toyota More Marketable? / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting / I Got Smoked By Honda Accord 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
This car has brought nothing but problems, it has spent more time in mechanics workshop than on the road. After a series of bloody expensive repairs that totaled about 170k, I took the car out for a spin to test drive before I travel, I was doing 100km/h and I depressed my throttle, the car responded well, at about 120 I saw a speed bump up ahead and I slowed downed to a stop, as I soon as my front tire climbed the bump the car stopped, the rear tires didn't even pass,I just sat their dumbfounded, I tried starting the car but the engine was vibrating aggressively. I tried again and throttled a little, the engine picked but the vsa, hazard and CEL came up.
When I started my journey back I observed that the car couldn't climb hills, I will groan and groan, it even rolled back once.
My mechanic said it's fuel pump, I changed it, still no show, they scanned with a computer,the readout was that the MAF is bad, I changed the MAF, then the VSA and Hazard light cleared, I drove home, later in th evening I tried starting the car again, it didn't start, I throttled but the piece of trash still didn't start. I'm just tired, is it that my the MAF I bought is bad or that the car needs deliverance

cc
gazzuzz
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
grrrhh:
This car has brought nothing but problems, it has spent more time in mechanics workshop than on the road. After a series of bloody expensive repairs that totaled about 170k, I took the car out for a spin to test drive before I travel, I was doing 100km/h and I depressed my throttle, the car responded well, at about 120 I saw a speed bump up ahead and I slowed downed to a stop, as I soon as my front tire climbed the bump the car stopped, the rear tires didn't even pass,I just sat their dumbfounded, I tried starting the car but the engine was vibrating aggressively. I tried again and throttled a little, the engine picked but the vsa, hazard and CEL came up.
When I started my journey back I observed that the car couldn't climb hills, I will groan and groan, it even rolled back once.
My mechanic said it's fuel pump, I changed it, still no show, they scanned with a computer,the readout was that the MAF is bad, I changed the MAF, then the VSA and Hazard light cleared, I drove home, later in th evening I tried starting the car again, it didn't start, I throttled but the piece of trash still didn't start. I'm just tired, is it that my the MAF I bought is bad or that the car needs deliverance

cc
gazzuzz

did they find an intermittent code on the crank sensor? Check the harness it might be loose.

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

did they find an intermittent code on the crank sensor? Check the harness it might be loose.

No code on the crank sensor, which part of the harness, btw how often does MAF go bad
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by Inception(m): 1:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
How much will you sell it to me? I am in PH.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Inception:
How much will you sell it to me? I am in PH.
undecided
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2017
grrrhh:

No code on the crank sensor, which part of the harness, btw how often does MAF go bad

I have replace 2 in 2years of running a workshop.

Check harness/ socket of crank sensor.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I have replace 2 in 2years of running a workshop.

Check harness/ socket of crank sensor.
Thanks you
The replacement you made, were they tokumbo or new ones
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2017
grrrhh:

Thanks you
The replacement you made, were they tokumbo or new ones

Toks
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Toks
All the toks I've bought are not workings
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
grrrhh:

All the toks I've bought are not workings

then the problem is not MAF. You have electrical issues.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks a lot, I think I'll get a Auto service company, any recommendations in owerri
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by chillex8(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

How can you say he has electrical issues shocked
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
chillex8:

How can you say he has electrical issues shocked

mechanical issues? Why not give a suggestion sir

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by mayor2013: 8:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Scan the ride. Copy down scan result report it live on car talk wink I concur with Gazzuzz. Recently changed a crank sensor on same honda accord but a 2008 model
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by chillex8(m): 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

mechanical issues? Why not give a suggestion sir

Still don't get it. Do you?

Him or his car
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
chillex8:

Still don't get it. Do you?

Him or his car

you have wasted 2 posts and solved nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by chillex8(m): 1:35am On Feb 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you have wasted 2 posts and solved nothing.

I quit
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by luvinhubby(m): 6:09am On Feb 06, 2017
This is what Gazzuz is talking about looks like.

In addition to that, get someone to help you check and set the timing also alongside that sensor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 9:09am On Feb 06, 2017
mayor2013:
Scan the ride. Copy down scan result report it live on car talk wink I concur with Gazzuzz. Recently changed a crank sensor on same honda accord but a 2008 model
is the crank censor the same as the camshaft sensor
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 9:11am On Feb 06, 2017
luvinhubby:
This is what Gazzuz is talking about looks like.

In addition to that, get someone to help you check and set the timing also alongside that sensor.
I corrected the timing recently, I've changed that stuff twice
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by mayor2013: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
grrrhh:
is the crank censor the same as the camshaft sensor

No sir. Cam sensor used to monitor the activity of the camshaft used in also determining fuel injection

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by sultaan(m): 12:47am On Feb 07, 2017
grrrhh:

I corrected the timing recently, I've changed that stuff twice

The magic statement that was omitted from the begining

So what is the mileage on the engine and why did you correct the timing
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2017
sultaan:

The magic statement that was omitted from the begining

So what is the mileage on the engine and why did you correct the timing
89,000km, the car was guzzling fuel,it was accelerating poorly, it couldn't climb hills, if you drive for long the engine will lose power and will need like 30 minutes to calm Down.
Also in the morning the was showing the vsa and hazard lights
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Feb 07, 2017
grrrhh:

89,000km, the car was guzzling fuel,it was accelerating poorly, it couldn't climb hills, if you drive for long the engine will lose power and will need like 30 minutes to calm Down.

Let's look at this from a different angle.

Run a vin check here https://www.nairaland.com/3523819/come-vin-checks-reports

Let's see if vehicle is a flooded vehicle.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I've contacted them but the car spent all its life in Nigeria, the previous owner wasn't even willing to sell, he just had a bad loan, I just checked online the light is called traction lost light
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 9:13am On Feb 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I've run the VIN check, no issues at all
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by sultaan(m): 11:26am On Feb 07, 2017
grrrhh:

Soit is plausible that after you bought the car your mechanic serviced it(changed spark plugs) then te car won't work right you took it back and he did the timing and the car is stil not working right.

What I wrote is what came up in my mind why don't you start from the begining of the problem so those who can help know what kind of damage your mechanic has done. Start from who worked on it a week before the first problem began.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
sultaan:

Soit is plausible that after you bought the car your mechanic serviced it(changed spark plugs) then te car won't work right you took it back and he did the timing and the car is stil not working right.

What I wrote is what came up in my mind why don't you start from the begining of the problem so those who can help know what kind of damage your mechanic has done. Start from who worked on it a week before the first problem began.
It's a very long epistle, very long
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2017
We bought the car in Abj and cleaned the plugs, it drove down without any issues (only tmps and engine light). When it got down, someone did over sabi and topped the power steering oil, the power steering packed up( it was subsequently fixed), I drove to a filling station (not my regular) , to get fuel before going for a party, the car drove to the party well (15km), after the party the car started well and was moving, it now started jerking then started crawling finally it stopped, I waited and started it , it managed to crawl home. I called my local mechanic the following day, he said the fuel was bad and "has entered the engine " , we changed the fuel and oil.
The following morning as I started the car, I heard a grinding noise that subsided in less than a second (this continued up till now), the VSA and traction control light had come up, the car was lagging before accelerating, it struggled to climb hill and it was guzzling fuel, but it was still cruising. One the 31st I was driving to the village, I was in a holdup for 3hrs and my AC was on after the hold up cleared, the lost all powe and was crawling at less than 20km/h , I parked and waited for 30mins before I restarted the car, it came alive and kept moving my mech says it was the plugs , I Changed the plugs (this plugs turned out to be worse, the lost of power was occurring more frequently over shorter distances especially with AC)
I told a friend and he recommended a mechanic at onitsha, the mechanic drove the car abit he came to 3 conclusions
-Timing chain needs adjustment
-fuel pump needs changing
-nozzle needs cleaning
They scanned the car and it was dropping some camshaft codes, we changed the sensor, opened the engine block and corrected the timing chain (without a computer ), also changed the fuel pump, 4 days later and 80k poorer, we came back turned the car, the only light showing was tmps,I was ecstatic, we left the mechanics shop around 6, I hadn't driven up to 3 minutes on a hill when I heard a cranking noise, all the lights came back.
Managed it to owerri like that doing 60-80 ( it's a 90km drive)
The following day as I driving I heard another cranking noise and the lights
cleared, I detoured and took a spin doing some hard acceleration (I heard timing chain is vulnerable at high rpm), nothing happened so I drove home. The engine light still came up but the car was performing well till this last incident
sultaan:

You asked for it
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2017
grrrhh:
We bought the car in Abj and cleaned the plugs, it drove down without any issues (only tmps and engine light). When it got down, someone did over sabi and topped the power steering oil, the power steering packed up( it was subsequently fixed), I drove to a filling station (not my regular) , to get fuel before going for a party, the car drove to the party well (15km), after the party the car started well and was moving, it now started jerking then started crawling finally it stopped, I waited and started it , it managed to crawl home. I called my local mechanic the following day, he said the fuel was bad and "has entered the engine " , we changed the fuel and oil.
The following morning as I started the car, I heard a grinding noise that subsided in less than a second (this continued up till now), the VSA and traction control light had come up, the car was lagging before accelerating, it struggled to climb hill and it was guzzling fuel, but it was still cruising. One the 31st I was driving to the village, I was in a holdup for 3hrs and my AC was on after the hold up cleared, the lost all powe and was crawling at less than 20km/h , I parked and waited for 30mins before I restarted the car, it came alive and kept moving my mech says it was the plugs , I Changed the plugs (this plugs turned out to be worse, the lost of power was occurring more frequently over shorter distances especially with AC)
I told a friend and he recommended a mechanic at onitsha, the mechanic drove the car abit he came to 3 conclusions
-Timing chain needs adjustment
-fuel pump needs changing
-nozzle needs cleaning
They scanned the car and it was dropping some camshaft codes, we changed the sensor, opened the engine block and corrected the timing chain (without a computer ), also changed the fuel pump, 4 days later and 80k poorer, we came back turned the car, the only light showing was tmps,I was ecstatic, we left the mechanics shop around 6, I hadn't driven up to 3 minutes on a hill when I heard a cranking noise, all the lights came back.
Managed it to owerri like that doing 60-80 ( it's a 90km drive)
The following day as I driving I heard another cranking noise and the lights
cleared, I detoured and took a spin doing some hard acceleration (I heard timing chain is vulnerable at high rpm), nothing happened so I drove home. The engine light still came up but the car was performing well till this last incident
You asked for it

Better.

Now unscrew the upstream O2 sensor and drive the car, it will be noisy, but if there is an improvement your catalytic converter is blocked. Replace or clear the contents if you cannot afford a new one.
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by grrrhh(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Better.

Now unscrew the upstream O2 sensor and drive the car, it will be noisy, but if there is an improvement your catalytic converter is blocked. Replace or clear the contents if you cannot afford a new one.
That's if the car starts at all
Re: Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2017
grrrhh:

That's if the car starts at all

Oh! I see sad . This case bad. Just find an automotive tech That will prescribe the right work to be done after proper and extensive diagnosis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comparison Between Toyota Camry Tiny Light And Envelope / Hire Purchase Business:how Safe Is It? / Camry 2005 (europe) Engine Price Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.