Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) (1303 Views)

Okadaman Shot Dead By Policemen In Benue. PICS / Nsukka Residents Stone Policeman To Death For Killing Okadaman (pic) / Man Arrested For Snapping A Policeman Collecting Bribe From Motorist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) by MrFlavvor(m): 9:07am On Jun 25, 2015
The officers claimed they were carrying out
instructions from the Divisional Police Officer
(DPO), James Chu.
According to The Nation, the victim was detained
for three hours, released on bail later around
9pm following the intervention of the police
human rights officer.
With his two phones seized he was forced to
delete all the pictures he took.
READ ALSO: Record Corrupt Policemen With
Your Smart Phones – IG
His brother who signed his bail bond was
allegedly made to part away with some cash as
“appreciation”.
The victim narrating his encounter said: “I was
in a commercial bus when we got to the area
and one of the policemen on the road was
demanding that our driver bribe him. I brought
out my phone and captured him and they saw
me. They dragged me out of the bus and seized
the phone I used to take the pictures.
They said I was under arrest but I begged that
they should delete the pictures and release me
but they refused.
The next thing, they called the station and a
patrol van appeared and they demanded that I
enter because the DPO wants to see me. I was
there from 6pm to 9pm.
READ ALSO: Nigerian govt. Bans Police, Others
From Use Of Camouflage Uniforms
Afterwards, they asked me to go home and
report back by 9am the following day. But before
I was released, I had to call one of my brothers
with my second phone to come and bail me.
“I got there Wednesday by 9am and waited till
2:40pm before my second phone was released.
This was after the human rights officer
intervened in my case and asked them to let me
go.”
This incident is coming a week after the
Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase,
pleaded with Nigerians to help fight corruption in
the Nigerian Police force by using smart phones
to record officers who engage in corruption,
bribery and bad conduct.

Re: See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) by importexpert(m): 9:13am On Jun 25, 2015
for heaven sake since they don't want to stop this why will they not just allow us to be recording them grin ?
Re: See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) by gmacnoms(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2015
ok
Re: See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) by Idrhas(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
importexpert:
for heaven sake since they don't want to stop this why will they not just allow us to be recording them grin ?
Abeg all ur threads are too long to read n understand could u help by adding me up on whatsapp@08096771520 or bbm@2A9A4AD4
Re: See Wetin Police Do Man Wey Snap Dem Dey Collect Bribe From Okadaman(photo) by andyanders: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
IG should do something about this because this doesn't say good about this country.

(1) (Reply)

Millitary Clothes / My Police Experience / Evil Son: Graphic Photos Of A Man Who Beheaded His Mother For Ritual Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.