Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,180 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 (15139 Views)

I'm Still Devastated - Late Dr Stella Adadevoh's Son Recounts Mum’s Last Moment / Stella and Jet creams.....Did U? / Ikemba Ojukwu Pix The First Nigerian To Driv A Rolls Royce At Oxford University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by chiemeli(m): 7:20pm On Sep 21, 2006
I love that! by the time she goes and come back,other Nigerians will be interested to join the mission. Who Naijas dey easy,or you want to try? Well,my sister make us proud and have a safe trip to and fro:so that when you come back you can tell us how everything looks like fom up there!
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by chiemeli(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2006
I love that! by the time she goes and come back,other Nigerians will be interested to join the mission. Who say Nigerians dey easy,or you want to try? Well,my sister make us proud and have a safe trip to and fro:so that when you come back you can tell us how everything looks like from up there!
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2006
chiemeli:

I love that! by the time she goes and come back,other Nigerians will be interested to join the mission. Who say Nigerians dey easy,or you want to try? Well,my sister make us proud and have a safe trip to and fro:so that when you come back you can tell us how everything looks like from up there!
abi o ma brotha, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Jalal(m): 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2006
HABA angry angry angry angry

This is an excerpt from the bbc site which featured the story

"She will fly at an altitude of 10km (6 miles) on G-Force One, before dropping, giving a minute of weightlessness.

These parabolic flights on board a Boeing 727 are used as a training exercise for astronauts - and have been given the nickname the "vomit comet". They do not leave the atmosphere but simulate the experience of being in space.[color=#990000][/color]

Shes not going to space
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2006
Jalal:

Shes not going to space

OKKKKK grin grin grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by classiqkid(f): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2006
She is 21 actually.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2006
dat girl actually looks 25/26 or may be it's just my eyes. grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2006
Jalal:

"She will fly at an altitude of 10km (6 miles) on G-Force One, before dropping, giving a minute of weightlessness.

These parabolic flights on board a Boeing 727 are used as a training exercise for astronauts - and have been given the nickname the "vomit comet". They do not leave the atmosphere but simulate the experience of being in space.[color=#990000][/color]

Shes not going to space
grin you mean you didn't get what i meant by this
abi o ma brotha, lol Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Kiss
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2006
Jalal:

Shes not going to space
grin you mean you didn't get what i meant by this
abi o ma brotha, lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Ka: 1:03am On Sep 22, 2006
Truly, I don't see what the fuss is.

If this girl had striven and got to go into space by her own efforts, I'd be applauding.

But that's not the case - she was PICKED - and not by a Nigerian space program either.

To me it smacks of "Oh, let's pity these poor Africans who have never smelt space and invite one of them to have a faint idea of what it's like".

Oh well, you gotta take your heroes where you can find 'em . . .
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 1:33am On Sep 22, 2006
To me it smacks of "Oh, let's pity these poor Africans who have never smelt space and invite one of them to have a faint idea of what it's like".
Hmmmm
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by IroroRoyal(f): 2:19am On Sep 22, 2006
Radiant:

that girl actually looks 25/26 or may be it's just my eyes. grin

@ Radiant i think 17 is her football age,but whatever her age let's be happy, okay? Hmm nigerians and the this age thing sef na waooooo,
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by iice(f): 2:54am On Sep 22, 2006
@ladex, my bad sorry o, i don modify am grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by bodiliciou(f): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2006
ladex i think you need to get a grip. must you be a party popper. make over sabi no kill you oh. anyway, thank you for the education on zero gravity (even though we did not ask for it). GO GIRL MAKE US PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by babadee(m): 11:03am On Sep 22, 2006
point of correction, she aint going to space and a lot of people experience what she gonna experience, the only difference is that most people experience it right before their plane crashes into the ground (bellview crash for example). what she gonna experience is zero gravity and it aint rocket science so enuf of the hullaboo about 1st nigerian in space.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by sholao(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2006
Does it matter whether she is going into space, or is just experiencing zero gravity?

The fact that she is willing to identify herself as Nigerian is bold enough, afterall wether you like it or not, the first thing that comes across when a lot of people here in Britain hear the word Nigerian is fraud, and many people do not want to associte with you.

I get it a lot, now with what I'm doing, and don't feel at ease mentioning money for that reason.

Be happy for her, or is it the jealosy in many that would rather say something negative!

Enjoy the trip my sister!

Shola Ogunlokun
I want to fly a hang glider across the UK
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Chima32: 1:23pm On Sep 22, 2006
coooool oooo
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by bluenubian(f): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2006
this is fantabulous!!, has an american 17 yrs old even ventured in space b4?
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Rhea(f): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2006
Ohh! This is fantastic. An Nigerian girl in space.

Really!!

In Florida?? Simulated?? Real??

Can we also conduct our elections in space??

maybe bundle OBJ and Atiku to the moon.

How about stage a debate in space between Hugo Chavez and George Bush.

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by nilla(f): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2006
lol
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by elyaqoub(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2006
please! let be serious and not be sending or posting an abusive words
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2006
IroroRoyal:

@ Radiant i think 17 is her football age,but whatever her age let's be happy, okay? Hmm nigerians and the this age thing sef na waooooo,

I was just teasing. Ofcourse she don't look 25/26 or may be she does grin grin grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 12:59am On Sep 23, 2006
bodiliciou:

ladex i think you need to get a grip. must you be a party popper. make over sabi no kill you oh. anyway, thank you for the education on zero gravity (even though we did not ask for it). GO GIRL MAKE US PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
lol, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Am not trying to prove anything, it's just that i got exited when i saw the original tittle of the thread and got really really angry when i read the article and few replies to the thread.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by hayprof(m): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2006
Simulation OR No Simulation. Its An Experience Of A Life Time!
Go Girl! Wish U D Best.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by hayprof(m): 6:39am On Sep 23, 2006
Simulation OR No Simulation. Its An Experience Of A Life Time!
Go Girl! Wish U D Best.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Jalal(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2006
;d ;d
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by pati(f): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2006
whatever the case , is still great ! grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2006
You guys don't want to stop eh? tongue Talking about simulation, is it like what we used to do when we were small with an Umbrella? grin We used to go on a height with an opened umbrella and jump from there. grin grin grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by PTBNaija(f): 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2006
It's about time, grin I'm really happy for her!!!!!!!
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 1:32am On Sep 24, 2006
Radiant:

You guys don't want to stop eh?  tongue Talking about simulation, is it like what we used to do when we were small with an Umbrella?  grin We used to go on a height with an opened umbrella and jump from theregrin grin grin
Exactly  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It's about time
I don't get this undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Oh ohoooH not agian kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by momoney1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2006
soon ABA boys will show there too and the next story will be that USA, RUSSIAN etc. space station parts are missing and NIGERIA will be ban from space grin grin grin meanwhile space station spare parts go come dey available for Naija grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by ladex142(m): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2006
mo money:

soon ABA boys will show there too and the next story will be that USA, RUSSIAN etc. space station parts are missing and NIGERIA will be ban from space grin grin grin meanwhile space station spare parts go come dey available for Naija grin
lol  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Ways You Communicated Before GSM Came To Nigeria / Best HOUSE DESIGN 3D & INTERIORS IN NIGERIAL CALL 08069253261 / What Is Worse Than Being Broke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.