Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 (15141 Views)

I'm Still Devastated - Late Dr Stella Adadevoh's Son Recounts Mum’s Last Moment / Stella and Jet creams.....Did U? / Ikemba Ojukwu Pix The First Nigerian To Driv A Rolls Royce At Oxford University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by nilla(f): 1:23am On Sep 25, 2006
lol
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Rhea(f): 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2006
elyaqoub:

please! let be serious and not be sending or posting an abusive words

how serious??

As serious as Bin-Laden's rumoured death?? grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by bluenubian(f): 3:14am On Sep 26, 2006
ha BIN LADEN is dead? tongue
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 3:51am On Sep 26, 2006
No update yet? hasn't the girl gone and come back? abi she remain for there? grin grin grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by alexmakaay(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2006
but the girl too fin ooo,this one na correct black beauty for my own eyes oooo!!
Any objection?
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by engr17(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2006
i think Stella Felix deserves it
but not for mass comm student who can't interprete what they saw there
one think that i can't really explain is why her dad choose his first name for her daughter's last name in the family
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Stealthy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2006
When I 1st saw it in a newspaper, I said to myself: this cant possibly be true. Less than 5 non-astrounauts have ever been to space & they all shelled out like $20m each and underwent intensive training before going, How could an unknown Naija girl possibly be joining that very elite club?!

I later discovered that it's just a zero-g thing in an aircraft. Even Richard Branson's reality show (Rebel Billionaire) featured people in 0-g conditions & if u've ever been on any of those crazy loophole rollercoasters, chances r u've xperienced some very high and very low g-forces b4,

Cant believe pple can be so gullible to fall for the title.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2006
engr17:

i think Stella Felix deserves it
but not for mass comm student who can't interprete what they saw there
one think that i can't really explain is why her dad choose his first name for her daughter's last name in the family

Y d'u think she deserves it? why are people so bothered about things that they could easily ignore? You guys bore me sometimes honestly. why don't you change her name for her since you a bit disturbed.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by walaty(m): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2006
its a great thing guys, but she isnt actually going to space. it is just a flight simulation
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2006
Walaty pls don't bore us with the same info undecided
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by walaty(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2006
all right radiant
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by BUSHFELLOW(m): 1:10am On Oct 01, 2006
Good news but what is the big deal about space. is that the place they lodge all our stolen money, so if she get there now is she going to bring all the money back and is it going to open doors for nigerians at embassies if not keep the news to your self and before i forget there are only two kind of people on earth it is either you are a gay or you are straight. not binary dummy
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2006
BUSHFELLOW:

Good news but what is the big deal about space. is that the place they lodge all our stolen money, so if she get there now is she going to bring all the money back and is it going to open doors for nigerians at embassies if not keep the news to your self and before i forget there are only two kind of people on earth it is either you are a gay or you are straight. not binary dummy

what exactly is ur point?
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by mochafella(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2006
Quit sipping the haterade, it rots your brain. Fruitcake.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Radiant(f): 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2006
mochafella:

lmao
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by afrika(f): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2006
people like ladex, or whatever, i dont know what u feel like but just got to appreciate the thing and not shit,

bro, nothing dey happen but she is making NIgeria proud, africa great and we from the south east special,

grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Oracle(m): 4:39am On Oct 03, 2006
@ topic,
she's not a bad looking girl.
Well she has really made name for herself.
Good thing she's intelligent
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 09, 2006
Its a good one 4 nigeria and not reports like mail scam, internet fraud, yahoo!yahoo¡ any i wud luv 2 know d girl 2 ask her aw space luk like and many more
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 09, 2006
Its a good one 4 nigeria and not reports like mail scam, internet fraud, yahoo!yahoo¡ anyway i wud luv 2 know d girl 2 ask her aw space luk like and many more
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Scorpio(f): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2006
mochafella:

lmaoooo,,ouch Mocha! dat musta hurt grin
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Labelle(f): 1:23am On Oct 14, 2006
@ ladex178 your post 'point of correction to you all, stella's not actually going to space but she is to------' has been published. Well not a hell of a big deal, still its worth being mentioned. It's in Segun Adeniyi's column (the verdict) of friday's thisday, used as reference to buttress point on the level of ignorance swirling the nation. Shame it took them this long to clearify in the papers.
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Chxta(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2006
Labelle:

@ ladex178 your post 'point of correction to you all, stella's not actually going to space but she is to------' has been published. Well not a hell of a big deal, still its worth being mentioned. It's in Segun Adeniyi's column (the verdict) of friday's thisday, used as reference to buttress point on the level of ignorance swirling the nation. Shame it took them this long to clearify in the papers.

Too true. . .
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by MyogaAttheTop: 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
more than 3000 downloads of the hottest party jam called #MyogaAttheTop song mp3 at www.hulkshare.com/lilkas

Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by timic(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
mochafella:
Looks like we have the first Nigerian to experience space, she's a female teenager too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm
.just a lil thrill n nigerians r like wow una no gt shame,una no fit send people go space to do the real thing abeg lalasticali
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by aventura: 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2018
Seun:
Her name is Stella Felix from the South East. I hope she continues to achieve newsworthy feats.
Did she eventually make it to space? Are there pictures of her eiither in space or in a space suit?
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by eitsei(m): 10:13am On Nov 27, 2020
I remember this story in secondary school when a corper teaching us geography mentioned it and since then her name stuck to my memory and today watching Howard's space voyage in The Big Bang Theory, this thing came to my mind again and I came to check it out again

how's the lady though? I wonder how she's doing now.. she would be in her 30s now
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by streetpaddy(m): 8:45am On Oct 23, 2022
Hmm
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Konquest: 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
mochafella:
Looks like we have the first Nigerian to experience space, she's a female teenager too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5364722.stm
Re: First Nigerian To Experience Space: Stella Felix, 17 by Konquest: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
ladex142:
Point of correction to you'll, she's not actually going to space but she is to experience what it feels like to be in space, it's called zero-gravity flight. (you guys makes it sound as if she's the first Nigerian in space  undecided) Am not excited about this because it's no big deal, i think anyone can process a way of going on this kind of flight, it might just cost you some good amount of dough. Anyone know a show called "Jackass", it's a crazy show where they do lots of crazy, nonsense and retarded stuffs, but yet still very cool and intersting to watch (i actually love their show). They had an episode where they went through zero-gravity flight and started vomiting on themselves while going through zero-gravity flight, it was cool watching their nasty vomit floating in the air in zero gravity.

My point is that since they could let some crazy guys do some crazy stunts with a Navy aircraft, they would as well let anyone who has the dough to sh*t on their aircraft. Am happy for her because of the experience but not excited because it's not really a great record.

A little more on zero-gravity flight: It's when a regular airplane is cleared of all its content (excluding the pilot area) and packed with people in the created space, they then take off to a high altitude where the pilot then nosedive the aircraft to wards the earth on a freefall. what the passengers experience is what's call zero gravity, which is what one experiences in space. (didn't you guys take physics in high school 
grin)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Ways You Communicated Before GSM Came To Nigeria / What Is Worse Than Being Broke? / Best HOUSE DESIGN 3D & INTERIORS IN NIGERIAL CALL 08069253261

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.