Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Innovate1 - The Hurdles Of Renewing Your Passport Outside The Country - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Innovate1 - The Hurdles Of Renewing Your Passport Outside The Country (2444 Views)

Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience / I Need Help On The Process Of Renewing Visa / Renewing Passport, Nhc.3tb.co Says NHC No Longer Accepts Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Innovate1 - The Hurdles Of Renewing Your Passport Outside The Country by Goldenboy007(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
I have been trying to renew my Nigerian passport for some days now and the NIS website Innovate is becoming herculean task - The space provided to sign in to the website ask you to put in your contact address- it says 255 characters or so - you type in less than 50 characters and it freezes up!!! You try to edit your phone number on the website profile, no chance !!!! You finally start application proper - it ask for contact address - the country will not scroll beyond Nigeria! And what do they mean by Permanent Nigerian address What of us that do not have address in Nigeria?
Why must anything Nigeria be difficult ? You are asked to pay an amount online, you get to the Embassy and find so many frivolous charges !!! They create so much hurdles for you just to fleece you off some dollars !!! Why must Nigerians be like this ? You claim an application is online and they demand for so many paper copies !!! Then we get to the credit cards, so many warnings and security checks, they make payment so difficult.
Most processes you do in the US are done online and they are seamless! Infact I was surprised I can open a bank account by just making a phone call, deposit cheques through your phone and so much more . Why must the Nigerian system make things so difficult ?? Your life is so perfect in the US except when it has something to do with Nigeria !!!! You get a fantastic job and for them to verify your certificates in Nigerian Universities it becomes impossible !!!!
Will it not be better to just forget renewing the Nigerian passport and just get a visa on your US passport ? Why must our lives be made difficult just because we want to be patriotic ? I rest my case !
Re: Innovate1 - The Hurdles Of Renewing Your Passport Outside The Country by bigtt76(f): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Kpeleeeee grin

I have been trying to renew my Nigerian passport for some days now and the NIS website Innovate is becoming herculean task - The space provided to sign in to the website ask you to put in your contact address- it says 255 characters or so - you type in less than 50 characters and it freezes up!!! You try to edit your phone number on the website profile, no chance !!!! You finally start application proper - it ask for contact address - the country will not scroll beyond Nigeria! And what do they mean by Permanent Nigerian address What of us that do not have address in Nigeria?

Brossss ....you suppose get address for Naija naa even if na your cousins, grandparents sef. The aim is just to remind you that adjo odabi ile (Foreign Land Nor Bi Like Home)

Why must anything Nigeria be difficult You are asked to pay an amount online, you get to the Embassy and find so many frivolous charges !!!

Na small small ...e go better!

They create so much hurdles for you just to fleece you off some dollars !!! Why must Nigerians be like this ? You claim an application is online and they demand for so many paper copies !!! Then we get to the credit cards, so many warnings and security checks, they make payment so difficult.

Even in the banks here, there must be paper trails. I'm sure in US too they still maintain paper trails for such transactions.

Most processes you do in the US are done online and they are seamless! Infact I was surprised I can open a bank account by just making a phone call, deposit cheques through your phone and so much more . Why must the Nigerian system make things so difficult ?? Your life is so perfect in the US except when it has something to do with Nigeria !!!! You get a fantastic job and for them to verify your certificates in Nigerian Universities it becomes impossible !!!!

US has Social Security Number system built over the years so takes care of their identification needs. In Nigeria, we have got plenty National Cards - National ID, National Driver's Licence, National Voter's Cards ....I'm sure National Health or Mental Card go soon show grin

Will it not be better to just forget renewing the Nigerian passport and just get a visa on your US passport ? Why must our lives be made difficult just because we want to be patriotic ? I rest my case !

Abeg try renew else applying for Nigerian Visa won't be any easy

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Christmas Decoration On Zenith Street V.I [PHOTO] / Recommendations For Shipping From Nigeria To Canada / Study In Iceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.