Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari (2565 Views)

Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / APC Leader Behind Attacks On Kyari, Daura, Group Alleges / Sylva: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate In Bayelsa State State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by dre11(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday maintained that despite he is being accused of aloofness and lack of grip in his party affairs, he is still the leader of the party.
He made veiled reference to remarks by some senior members of the party who have refused to recognise Buhari as leader of the party as it was during the days of ex-President’s Goodluck Jonathan, and Olusegun Obasanjo.
Top brass, and one of the leaders, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu had indicted the president for failing to get involved in the party’s affairs which has led to the current messy situation within the party’s caucus in the National Assembly.
According to Tinubu: “Despite the choice of National Assembly leaders being a mixture of party politics and legislative duty, the aloofness, or the perceived neutrality of the President allowed the ‘fight’ within APC to fester until it went of hand.”
APC Spokesman, Lai mohammed had also derided the president when he insisted that Buhari is not the party leader but ‘a product of the APC’, but that the leader is Tinubu.
He had said: ”President Muhammadu Buhari is not our leader, he is a product of the party. Tinubu is our leader.”
But on a ‘Channels TV’’s programme earlier today, the president maintained that he remained consistent in his belief that the legislature is independent and that would guide his approach to the leadership crisis.
The crisis in the National Assembly has been blamed on the APC’s seeming stance that they do not have an individual as their leader, who could drive the effort to unify the party in times of crisis.
But speaking for his boss, presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu disagreed.
“Does it need to be said? I don’t think it needs to be said that the President is the leader of his party. There’s no question about it,” Shehu said.
He added that there is need for Nigerians to understand the basics of politics as the country is no more in the military era when decrees are made by a single leader.
“Politics, as its theory says, is basically about contest for interests and these interests may be fully defined by political party programme (while) some of these things may be outside political party programme,” he said, adding that coming from different states there would be different needs influencing the interests every politician would promote.
He also noted that the lawmakers should be appreciated for allowing varying views. “They just cannot pile up in a single line and say ‘here we are, we are all present’.
“When the governors met with the President they told him that ‘we are the leaders in our states and we have influence over all of these senators. They come from our places and from us and we can handle it.”
He affirmed that if the governors are unable to resolve the matter then the President would wade in directly.
“The President has a responsibility to the party, the President has a responsibility to the nation and as far as we are looking at the situation it has not gotten out of control. It is still within manageable parameters, it is a little storm we will overcome and Nigerians better get used to it,” he said.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/tinubu-mohammed-are-wrong-i-remain-apc-leader-buhari/

cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by INTROVERT(f): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
Would the president always intervene in Assembly squabbles?

Separate arms and I think GMB did well on this one.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by natas22: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by rabimlomo: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
Na different different story we just dey hear undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by MosakuAW(m): 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
I support you Mr President, but

The truth must be said.

All this NASS issue is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
embarassed
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Tinubu - your days of relevance are over!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by ijustdey: 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
it's always the president that normally controls the party structure nah.....

so, Tinubu is just a stake holder

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by bukason212(m): 8:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
I think i would prefer buhari to ignore the national assembly , let them settle their differences themselves as an independent body.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Firefire(m): 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
I laugh in my local dialect...

grin cheesy
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
All Propaganda continues
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by demmy0325(m): 8:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
And some fools will still come here to call him dullard from daura..

..Baba belongs to nobody.. cool

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by edoyad(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2015

APC Spokesman, Lai mohammed had also derided the president when he insisted that Buhari is not the party leader but ‘a product of the APC’, but that the leader is Tinubu.
He had said: ”President Muhammadu Buhari is not our leader, he is a product of the party. Tinubu is our leader.”

House of Cards. These people are a big joke

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Zonacom(m): 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
All these sensational headlines these journalists use for there reportage is just uncalled for...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by samueld0(m): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Mr should av a say in the house if truely he's the leader of the party and he want his government to be successful
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by nerodenero: 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
If PMB is the leader of the party, then Tinubu is what? This one na uppercut for Tinubu. Will he ever recover?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Vivalavida99(f): 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
PMB thinks the Tinubus would be matured enough to calm down and work with the leadership of the Senate but they keep promoting hatred and bitterness everywhere.

Buhari may join PDP in 2019 and Tinubu would go back to Southwest Opposition Politics he is very good at.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by adonismuller(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
I give APC 1 year, we will see the ACN,nPDP and CPC in APC....

Just wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by kay1one2(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Obama never had a hand in the emergence of Boehener as the speaker of the American house of reps.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by shininglite(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Zonacom:
All these sensational headlines these journalists use for there reportage is just uncalled for...

They hvnt seen anything yet...Sahara reporters owned by tifunbu did worse

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Emyemyberry(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
ALL HAIL DULLARDìNHO THE APC LADDER

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by kingphilip(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Have it gotten to the time of fighting for who's the leader nw
I just de watch
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by temitemi1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
The broom just dey scatter dey go grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by lanicky(f): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hahaha! The drama is about to start lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
All na Change
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by shininglite(m): 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
A month ago they were waving there brooms in the air..now they re throwing punches on national TV wat a shame

GREED destroys faster than HIV
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
cool
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by sweat4wat(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
I don't have time for all this drama this wasn't the change they promised for Christ sake ooo aba
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by aare07(m): 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Buhari has just woke up from his sleep.
Thank God
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by kingphilip(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
lanicky:
Hahaha! The drama is about to start lipsrsealed
Hello sweetie hws ur health nw

Tried calling but ur number no de reachable
Re: Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
sweat4wat:
I don't have time for all this drama this wasn't the change they promised for Christ sake ooo aba

Bros, these conductors no dey give anybody CHANGE OO, na One chance motor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's MAP Gift, The Bold Message And The Blindness Of "Intelligent" Nigerians / A Petition Written By The Lecturer & APC Chieftain Killed Yesterday In Ogoni / Where Do We Go Outside Ekiti?’ Say Herdsmen As They Beg Fayose.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.