Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? (1859 Views)

Toyota Copyrights A Device That Captures Items That Fall Under Your Car Seats / What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? / Fuel Economy/mpg Calculations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 26, 2015
This is an opinion poll:

An uncle of mine stopped at Ajaokuta area to fill up his 2005 toyota camry tank (the car was bought toks 2 weeks ago and its a clean titled well maintained 1 owner used car) and also bought a device called 'fuel shark' which plugs into the cigarette lighter to improve his MPG, he got to Uyo with the fuel slightly below the top quarter. Today, he started informing me about the wonders of the device... I told him a cigarette lighter isnt connected to any MPG altering parameter of any car hence, the device is a hoax, but i had to soft pedal because i dont wanna drag with him...
Now fellow NLers, do you share such belief with him or you dont? Pls give proofs if any.

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Patented: 9:54am On Jun 26, 2015
Hogwash!!! Maybe the device just meddles with the fuel guage

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Readonee35L(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Lol
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by diportivo: 10:39am On Jun 26, 2015
Patented:
Hogwash!!! Maybe the device just meddles with the fuel guage

grin grin grin

highly possible
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by micklplus(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2015
Let the gurus help us out
Cc:

Sienna
Gazzuzz
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by colossus2: 10:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Seen and heard about it. I doubt if it really works tho'. Sometimes our imagination might tend to make us believe certain things work sir.
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Denn(m): 10:55am On Jun 26, 2015
placebo effect....

It can never work.
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2015
Denn:
placebo effect....

It can never work.

Correct man!
lomomike:
This is an opinion poll:
An uncle of mine stopped at Ajaokuta area to fill up his 2005 toyota camry tank (the car was bought toks 2 weeks ago and its a clean titled well maintained 1 owner used car) and also bought a device called 'fuel shark' which plugs into the cigarette lighter to improve his MPG, he got to Uyo with the fuel slightly below the top quarter. Today, he started informing me about the wonders of the device... I told him a cigarette lighter isnt connected to any MPG altering parameter of any car hence, the device is a hoax, but i had to soft pedal because i dont wanna drag with him...
Now fellow NLers, do you share such belief with him or you dont? Pls give proofs if any.

Tell him to add this one in the boot[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtTUaxlRc5jLE9bHe4XjA94uPEFJxZ4s0kfTYlZrhKDSB1H17159ji1C9w[/img], it prevents accidents grin

Better than airbags antiskid,vsc,abs joined todether angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Correct man!

Tell him to add this one in the boot[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtTUaxlRc5jLE9bHe4XjA94uPEFJxZ4s0kfTYlZrhKDSB1H17159ji1C9w[/img], it prevents accidents grin

if i tell am, him him go think say na rude pikin i be... You kuku know how some uncles dey think na... Next thing dem go feel we d younger ones dey try to insult them and e go make dem see our line of reasons as rogueish.
E better if i leave am as him dey.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Correct man!

if i tell am, him him go think say na rude pikin i be... You kuku know how some uncles dey think na... Next thing dem go feel we d younger ones dey try to insult them and e go make dem see our line of reasons as rogueish.
E better if i leave am as him dey.

As for the masquarades chai na wa for you o... cheesy
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by DGD1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nigerians are smart but are very gullible in the quest to save money
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 27, 2015
grin
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Lagusta(m): 2:38am On Jun 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Correct man!

Oga gazzuzz has done it again!!! grin grin
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by nurey(m): 5:36am On Jun 27, 2015
please tell your uncle to give me his MP3/FM transmitter since he has replaced it's use with shark fuel saver

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by inze(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2015
Saw an argument of the said product sometime ago. The salesman claims what it does is regulate current from electrical loads like A/C, Headlamps and the likes that forcefully makes your engine work twice as hard and thereby consuming more on gas.

- - - i don't know if i just made sense with the above or sound like the salesman myself

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by dokilolo: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by aieromon(m): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
Funny stuff grin

Reminds me of ADE 651,the fake bomb detector.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by billy187(m): 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
But guys the package says "save the earth!" Shouldn't this argument end right there?
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Lexusgs430: 5:23am On Jun 28, 2015
lomomike:
This is an opinion poll:

Money for old useless rope !!!!!!!
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by castrobee: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2015
Seen the device online too but all sense of physics and chemistry opposes this idea. How can the device slow fuel consumption except it tampers with the electrical impulse from the fuel gauge. I still believe its a scam. You remember when a sticker was sold and touted to increase reception signal on mobile phones. I believe its same.
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by lonelydora: 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Have heard about it. But its all in your brain. This is what Barney and friends call "make believe".
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by mastro: 5:54am On Jun 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Correct man!

LOL, sometimes i marvel at the gullibility of people, then I shake my head and wonder why I'm not a billionaire.

So why do people still fall for this stuff in the day of the internet where a simple "google" will tell you SCAM, well in the words of the late great author Arthur C. Clarke's "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
How much did he pay for this scam?
Re: Opinion Poll: Can A Device Plugged Into A Cigarette Lighter Improve MPG? by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:11am On Jul 20, 2015
lomomike:
This is an opinion poll:

Ha!! this na East East collabo things o! East Asia plus East Naija. I gbadun my brothers.

Back to topic............Impossible.

(1) (Reply)

Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience / Axle Oil For Toyota Camry 2001 Model / DNA Identification On Vehicle BBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.