Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information (15645 Views)

Kulere Murder: Police Offers N10Million For Information / Ikirun-Osun Bank Robbery: Police Arrest 4 Suspects (Photos) / Agbara Robbery: Police Nab Leader Of Gang In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by MrFlavvor(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2015
Robbers raid Lagos banks again

Escape through Lagoon with loot after burning 3 snatched vehicles

… Police offer N5m for information

Three weeks after armed robbers raided two banks in Ikorodu, Lagos, the same set of bandits may have returned to the same area yesterday, attack­ing two other banks.

The daredevil robbers even raided a bank in front of a police station and escaped unhurt.

The hoodlums, numbering about 10, stormed Ogolonto in Ikorodu through the water- ways at 9 am, snatched two Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV) before heading to a new generation bank.

The bandits who did not steal enough money in the bank, headed straight to an old generation bank in front of the Ipa­kodo Police Station, holding the staff and customers at the bank hostage for over 40 minutes. Police were said to disappear as the raid lasted.

The hoodlums who were firing sporadi­cally, escaped as they did three weeks ago through the Lagoon.

The robbers repeated what they did the last time, by burning three of their snatched vehicles before escaping through the wa­terways.

Many people, especially women, were injured during the stampede as people took to their heels during the shooting that lasted for about an hour.

Eyewitnesses said during the shooting, there was pandemonium. Motorists aban­doned their vehicles, colliding with one another as they scampered to safety.

A witness, Mr. John Amore told Crime Watch Today that the “robbers were the same gang that came about three weeks ago. They became more formidable and desperate this time around as they robbed a bank in front of Ipakodo Police Station They still escaped through the same way they did previously. They set ablaze three of the snatched vehicles they came with before escaping.

A police source said:” We did not run away as people are claiming. We safe­guarded our station and refused to fire at the robbers while in the banking hall. If we had fired at them, we would have succeeded in killing many innocent citizens. We later engaged them in a serious gun duel and due to the superior fire-power of our arms, the hoodlums took to their heels, abandoning their vehicles”

However, residents of Ikorodu have sent a Save-Our-Soul (SOS) to the Commission­er of Police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti, to come to their rescue as their lives were in danger.

A resident, Wasiu Ayola, said:” Our lives are in danger. Three weeks ago, it was like a war situation. We ran for cover. Today again, it is the same war situation. Is it how we would be running up and down for our dear lives every three weeks? The Com­missioner of Police should do something urgently to save us from the hoodlums who are now terrorizing us.”

The state Police Command’s spokesper­son, Mr Kenneth Nwosu, who confirmed the attack, said: “At about 8.30 hours of today (yesterday), some bandits number­ing 10, stormed two banks on Ipakodo Road, Ikorodu and carted away unspecified amount of money. The bandits were en­gaged by policemen mobilized to the scene, forcing them to escape through the Ongin jetty along Kosoko waterfront.

“The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command (CP), Kayode Ad­eranti, visited the scene as well as the jetty from where the hoodlums escaped.

“He later held an emergency security meeting with the police leadership in Area ‘N’ command with managers and security officers of banks operating in Ikorodu.

“Far-reaching decisions towards tackling the menace of these hoodlums were made. Intensive efforts toward rounding up the hoodlums are underway, even as the CP assured the banks of the command’s resolve to ensure the safety of their operations in Ikorodu and indeed the state.

“Three vehicles used by the bandits were burnt under cross-fire and empty shells were recovered by the police. The command will reward anybody with useful information towards the arrest of the bank robbers with N5 million,” Nwosu said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/robbers-raid-lagos-banks-again/

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 26, 2015
When they were escaping with jetty what happened to our security men , can't dey get a jetty chase with them or better still waylay them, it's crazy when things ain't working in naija and yet we can't learn from the first experience on the island

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2015
Last time this happened fashola blamed jonathan.Now Jonathan is gone i wonder who lasg will blame

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by johnshagb(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2015
We later engaged them in a serious gun duel and due to the superior fire-power of our arms, the hoodlums took to their heels, abandoning their vehicles”

fa hear grin grin grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Feranmicharles(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
Give them info then you'll know you're into something terrible.

Here is it

Informant: sir,I saw the thieves,they were 13 in numb,led by a female. Blah blah blah

Police: how come you knw all this,without informing the police earlier, because we said 5M 4 reward right?

Then you'll be detained grin

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Diesel1(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
adeekiti:
When they were escaping with jetty what happened to our security men , can't dey get a jetty chase with them or better still waylay them, it's crazy when things ain't working in naija and yet we can't learn from the first experience on the island
give report and see ur self in prison

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by sammyyoung2(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
The information I have is DAT, this guys are HUMANS, two eyes, two legs, two hands, and one brain!!!

The police can keep their 5m.........and probably use it to buy BRAINS too

Meanwhile, am a professional photographer and I give free pre-wedding photoshoot [08099458696]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Olarewajub: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by ndlife: 11:44am On Jun 26, 2015
Who want to risk his life

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by corkpikin(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2015
Wait

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by otobrisesarah(f): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmm! Oga o!
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by kayc0(f): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by importexpert(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2015
i wish somebody luck. but be careful as you will end up being the thief

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by blessedvisky(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2015
ok
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by tucky200(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Rilwayne001: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2015
:8
Feranmicharles:
Give them info then you'll know you're into something terrible.
Here is it
Informant: sir,I saw the thieves,they were 13 in numb,led by a female. Blah blah blah
Police: how come you knw all this,without informing the police earlier, because we said 5M 4 reward right?
Then you'll be detained grin

Exactly my thought. Typical behaviour of the NPF.

The informat will just be paraded as one of them....U don enter wahala be that.

Even if I have any info, I'll rather keep it to my self than endanger myself because of one imaginary 5million.

Nevertheless, I pray God expose these devils.

5 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by suwalee(f): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2015
So dat when u bring info dey wud say u either an accomplice or part of dem

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by anytexy: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2015
Thunder wey go ....de do press up. Nonsense!
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by HungerBAD: 11:47am On Jun 26, 2015
Nigeria Police? 5 Million Naira? My advice to any LIFE loving person is, please do not go to the police with any information or you might end up being killed or accused of being an armed robber too.

There are a lot of reasons, people runaway from accident victims in Nigeria. There are a lot of Reasons people refuse to report their neighbors that are into crimes. There are a lot of reasons to distrust anybody in the Nigeria Police Force. 5 Million Naira is a lot of Money, and so this is the scenario that will play out, somebody will give the police the info about the armed robbers that will lead to their arrest and that person too will mysteriously disappear.

Then a relative of one of those Policemen with SARS will now come forward to see he gave the info. And the money shared amongst the policemen, while the real informant is dead somebody accused of being an Armed Robber.

F the Police and let them arrest the thieves themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by newguy1(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2015
Five million if i hear
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Ositawap: 11:49am On Jun 26, 2015
Welcome to nigeria were yu give such details to police..and yu get yur self handoff..waiting behind the counter to meet the rest niggarx in d prison....das after massive touchry

2 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by blessedvisky(m): 11:49am On Jun 26, 2015
ok, but if you ask me, Na who I go ask embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Rapbender(m): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2015
will u trust the police with this promise? see trap o! give them a clue and they'd arrest u as a suspect

1 Like

Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Adesiji77: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2015
M
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Minet16(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2015
j
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by emillionaire: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by sammyyoung2(m): 11:55am On Jun 26, 2015
Ositawap:
Welcome to nigeria were yu give such details to police..and yu get yur self handoff..waiting behind the counter to meet the rest niggarx in d prison....das after massive touchry

Very true talk
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by watchindelta(m): 11:55am On Jun 26, 2015
hahaha dis black n black hate work oh aba! dey are looking 4some one head to put dis matter ohhhh.
Re: Ikorodu Robbery: Police Offers Five Million Naira Reward For Information by Rotjijatau(m): 11:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Don't ever give Nigerian police any information because as a policeman, i will tell u vividly that police knows no reward, they will tell u 2 go to our headquarters in abuja and before you know it, they will forget about you. Or even end up arresting you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Has Been Completely Defeated – Nigerian Army / NDLEA Arrests Qatar-Based Drug Trafficker, Intercepts Consignments / 4 Policemen And 2 Kidnappers Die In Rivers State During Shootout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.