Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? (1233 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? / Please Can Anyone Give Me The Reasons Lawyers Are Better Than Doctors And Vice Versa. (2) (3) (4)

What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by msripley: 6:35pm On Feb 28, 2009
I remember being younger and never hearing my mother and father calling one another by their first names. But an Aunty of mine calls her husband by his first name which offended his parents.

What do your parents call one another in front of you/family members/in private with one another?

Sweet names or Mama, /Baba, /Darling etc?
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Outstrip(f): 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2009
They call each other darling unless they are quarelling then they call each other by their first names
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by fs(f): 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2009
They call each other by their first names.

What did you aunt's inlaws want her to call her husband? lol People sha, we're so good at not minding our business.
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by spikedcylinder: 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2009
Lol.
You don't wanna know.
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by tope2000(f): 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2009
By their first names. cheesy
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2009
Like come to think of it, I don't even know sef. Never paid attention to that undecided

Me, I never heard darling or sweetie o. And I never heard my mom's first name either.

My mom dey try sha.

But I call her Mommy or Mommy Toyin grin grin

Nowadays I prefer mommy Toyin cool cool
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 12:03am On Mar 01, 2009
they make me "sick" in a cute way
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by tope2000(f): 12:13am On Mar 01, 2009
Treetop20:

they make me "sick" in a cute way

Awwwwwww . . . . . atleast ur parent show love towards each other
That is very rare amongst nigerian parents undecided
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by chiogo(f): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2009
My parents call eachother "nkem", which is igbo for "my own" cheesy They've called eachother that since I was little up till now.
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by netotse(m): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2009
she calls him daddy when we(the children)are around otherwise she calls him his first name
on the other hand. . . he rarely calls her but when he does its her first name

*(. . . i think i'd like to be called studmuffin when i'm married)*
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 12:17am On Mar 01, 2009
tope2000:

Awwwwwww . . . . . atleast ur parent show love towards each other
That is very rare amongst nigerian parents undecided
they went to uni together here. nothing cute about it sometimes
sad cheesy
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 01, 2009
netotse:

*(. . . i think i'd like to be called studmuffin when i'm married)*
Sounds tacky. . . .studmuffin why?
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by tope2000(f): 12:22am On Mar 01, 2009
Treetop20:

they went to uni together here. nothing cute about it sometimes
sad cheesy

You are just jealous cuz u dont have what they've got grin cheesy
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 12:24am On Mar 01, 2009
tope2000:

You are just jealous cuz u dont have what they've got grin cheesy
what would say to coming home and seeing
your mum laid out with your pops giving her a massage?

i know i want what they have cry cry
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by bluespice(f): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2009
mommy, daddy, mrs *insert first letter of my surname* mr *insert first letter of my surname*, first names if there is something important,
sweety, darling when fooling around or in the process of asking for a favour tongue

treetop initial response will be "what happened?
what's going on here?
who's begging who? tongue"
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by tope2000(f): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2009
Treetop20:

what would say to coming home and seeing
your mum laid out with your pops giving her a massage?

i know i want what they have cry cry

Woah woah shocked shocked embarassed
I see what u mean but next time i guess u shud knockgrin grin
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 12:34am On Mar 01, 2009
bluespice:

mommy, daddy, mrs *insert first letter of my surname* mr *insert first letter of my surname*, first names if there is something important,
sweety, darling when fooling around or in the process of asking for a favour tongue

treetop initial response will be "what happened?
what's going on here?
who's begging who?
tongue"
lol trust me they just turn around, say hello
and carry on

tope2000:

Woah woah shocked shocked embarassed
I see what u mean but next time i guess u shud knockgrin grin

in the living room?
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by tope2000(f): 12:35am On Mar 01, 2009
Treetop20:

lol trust me they just turn around, say hello
and carry on
in the living room?

Classic . . . . . . i love them already grin grin
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by bluespice(f): 12:37am On Mar 01, 2009
lol i guess 'ewwwww gross' will be my next fav expression in such a home tongue

lol its all lurve i guess grin
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 12:37am On Mar 01, 2009
tope2000:

Classic . . . . . . i love them already grin grin
lol now you see what i mean
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:51am On Mar 01, 2009
HeatFusion:

Sounds tacky. . . .studmuffin why?

Yeah i find it kinda wierd too!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by netotse(m): 12:52am On Mar 01, 2009
HeatFusion:

Sounds tacky. .  . .studmuffin why?

thats part of the appeal. . . tackyness
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by chisimdi(f): 12:55am On Mar 01, 2009
netotse:

thats part of the appeal. . . tackyness
so i guess u r weired and tackyden.Strange!!nurin we no go hu 4 NL
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Treetop20(m): 12:56am On Mar 01, 2009
chisimdi:

hehe he heh heeeeeeeeee
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 01, 2009
chisimdi:

lmao grin
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by dayokanu(m): 3:23am On Mar 01, 2009
Baba Dayo and Iya Dayo
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by msripley: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2009
My aunty's inlaws were offended when she called her husband by her first name because they said that she was not showing him respect.

I felt as though they were even more offended because they thought that at least when they were around, she should pretend and not call him by his first name as she normally does.

I get the impression that 'respect' is required more of women than men in that sense.

I may be wrong.

I think it is funny that what husband and wife call one another, in some families, depends on their mood.

Thanks for your responses.
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Outstrip(f): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2009
msripley:

My aunty's inlaws were offended when she called her husband by her first name because they said that she was not showing him respect.

I felt as though they were even more offended because they thought that at least when they were around, she should pretend and not call him by his first name as she normally does.

I get the impression that 'respect' is required more of women than men in that sense.

I may be wrong.

I think it is funny that what husband and wife call one another, in some families, depends on their mood.

Thanks for your responses.

LOL. Are you serious? I see it as joblessness sha. How are you going to go to someone else house and get upset at what she chooses to call her husband. I no fit laugh. They should not bring it up to the woman abeg before she bans them from her house. Let them respect themselves and enjoy their son and let the woman enjoy her husband.
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2009
Outstrip:

LOL. Are you serious? I see it as joblessness sha. How are you going to go to someone else house and get upset at what she chooses to call her husband. I no fit laugh. They should not bring it up to the woman abeg before she bans them from her house. Let them respect themselves and enjoy their son and let the woman enjoy her husband.
But you've got to admit, that'sthe typical naija household. Them like to dey stick their nose in ppl's business too much.

So now a woman can't call her husband by his first name? ewuuuuuuuuu, things don spoil for naija.
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by SeanT21(f): 2:02am On Mar 03, 2009
When My Step-father and my mother where maried,They called each other by first names!!
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by temi4rea(f): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2009
Daddy amd mummmy,

Sometyms he calls her using my eldest brother's name like !!!!
Re: What Does Your Mother Call Your Father And Vice Versa? by iice(f): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2009
My love or something like that*rolls eyes*

Troubled Marriage / Why Does He Not Want To Talk About Her? / Divorced, What Could I Have Done Different.