Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA (1129 Views)

Isiaka Adeleke Died Of Drug Overdose – Sahara Reporters / Obasanjo: National Assembly Is A Den Of Corruption Occupied By Unarmed Robbers / 8 Nigerians Trafficking Drugs From MFM Church In Cambodia’s Trial Ends(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by AntidaftMOD: 12:48am On Jun 27, 2015
By Vincent Ujumadu, Awka

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) yesterday described Anambra State as the den of drug trafficking, expressing worry that most dangerous drugs, including methamphetamine, were produced in the state.

State Commander of the Agency, Mr. Sule Momodu, said at a ceremony to mark the 2015 United Nations Day Against Illicit Drug Abuse and Trafficking, that this year alone, 122 drug suspects were arrested in the state.

He said that of the number, 114 were men, while eight were women, adding that there was need for a concerted effort to fight the scourge.

According to him, a total of 110.624kg of illicit drug were seized during the period under review, with cannabis sativa, popularly known as marijuana, topping with 107.26kg.

Other seizures, he said, were cocaine, (138.2 grams), heroine, (100.54grams,) liquid methamphetamine (2.615kg) and solid methamphetamine (510 grams).

The State Commander said the Agency also arraigned 22 suspects during the period, out of which  eight convictions were obtained , while 28 fresh cases were filed .

He however expressed optimism that the Agency would fight drug abuse and trafficking in the state to a standstill and urged  stakeholders to join hands in the war against the cankerworm.

“If the war against illicit drug use and trafficking is not won now, the scourge will take over  society soonest”, he warned.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/anambra-den-of-drug-trafficking-says-ndlea/

Cc Ishilove, Lalasticlala
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Hishowlau(m): 12:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Anambraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Yeske2(m): 1:05am On Jun 27, 2015
Story for the gods. Even if na true sef, na we start am? Repping Anambra for life.
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by chamboy(m): 1:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Dey knw demsef
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Unblockable: 2:21am On Jun 27, 2015
Hishowlau:
Anambraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pls don't go tribal. tongue

1 Like

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by cerzo(m): 2:28am On Jun 27, 2015
Y Was I Banned From Commenting And Creating Topics Wth My Post"addiction To Biafra Radio Removed
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:34am On Jun 27, 2015
Hard drugs destroy lives, goals and ambitions. We must strive at all times to put an end to this deadly menace. Good work NDLEA.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by LoveMachine(m): 4:44am On Jun 27, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Hard drugs destroy lives, goals and ambitions. We must strive at all times to put an end to this deadly menace. Good work NDLEA.

true dat
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by dokyOloye: 5:12am On Jun 27, 2015
I don't understand d hullabaloo abt drugs and d traffickers,this and that.
At least,nobody forces d other to take drugs.
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by efilefun(m): 5:17am On Jun 27, 2015
shocked
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by abduljabbar4(m): 5:18am On Jun 27, 2015
That's how they want to build their Biafra. Later they will say that they are hardworking and industrious.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:36am On Jun 27, 2015
Anambra (Ananu) formerly home for all, now light of the Nation.

Well I hope the money they make through drug is been utilize to serve their communities and not driving in luxury cars and harassing the ordinary man.
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Eshinwaju: 5:43am On Jun 27, 2015
abduljabbar4:
That's how they want to build their Biafra. Later they will say that they are hardworking and industrious.

grin grin grin grin grin...I posted d same and was banned by these murderators..... cheesy....d fact is that most hauas/yorubas/urhobo...Fulani......etshekiri want d yeboes to go and we are tired of this Biafra noise..........question is this...how can we yorubas help u achieve Biafrait cannot come a day sooner wink... we just want yeboes to go....go to Biafra..get ur politicians to tslk about it and then.....it will really happen

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 27, 2015
Who's surprised?
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by AnambraDota: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Our people sell drugs but they dont use it.

Go to North an South West and see what drugs have done to their people.
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by AustineE1: 8:15am On Jun 27, 2015
NDLEA must ensure they block the source of these drugs,block the transit routes but the major problem seems to be in the consumer zones or states. I know for sure that Kano and Lagos is very high on consumption.....i actually got scared when i heard of Meth production in Anambra,that drug is a 'zombie' crack,it can get you instantly 'cannibalized'. Please anti-drug forces shld as a matter of urgency track the drug cabal down,it does no one any good.
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by idu1(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2015
abduljabbar4:
and thats how they ll become mexico...grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Unblockable: 8:36am On Jun 27, 2015
AnambraDota:
Our people sell drugs but they dont use it.

Go to North an South West and see what drugs have done to their people.

Stop justifying that pls. It's just like saying "Our people rape women but they don't impregnate them." Is that possible?! Call a spade a spade for once!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by Unblockable: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Anambra Den Of Drug Trafficking, Says NDLEA by AnambraDota: 11:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Unblockable:

Stop justifying that pls. It's just like saying "Our people rape women but they don't impregnate them." Is that possible?! Call a spade a spade for once!

Am not justifying drug businesses or drug related businesses, drug is evil and must be condemned by every reasonable person but what am telling you is this. Just like Niger Delta Oil money find its way in the pockets of those Northerners this is how drugs trafficked from Anambra found itself in the streets of Kano and Ibadan.

This is not hearsay, visit North, East and West and tell me where you will find thousands of youths ruined by drugs.
Easterners know the economic value of drug and also are aware of the health implications they pose.

My friend sells drugs in Onitsha Market, somedays he will sell a cartoon of cough syrup because he speaks Hausa fluently, he told me Hausas are his number one customers because they consume cough syrup like pure water. I marvel my the revelation, he told its because they don't drink alcohol so they take those drugs to get high.

In East we have the highest concentration of the booze factories because we drink a lot but we don't do hard drugs except weeds.

Visit these places or ask relevant authorities over this development.

(1) (Reply)

APC Requests Resignation Of Judge Who Called For Aregbesola’s Sack / PHOTO: Pastor Mnguni Makes Congregation Eat Snakes / BREAKING: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.