Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Hunting - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hunting (1020 Views)

My Experience In The Job Hunting World! / Poem Hunting ;) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunting by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2015
Hey guys!
I haven't posted anything on this section in a loong time so today i've decided to share one of my short stories.
I'm not gonna post a massive copyright paragraph cos I'm really not bothered if anyone decides to copy this.

Hope you enjoy! cheesy
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 27, 2015
The hunt was on. Blood coursed through his veins like crimson ribbons, tying him down to this mortal coil. Still he continued to sprint, dirt spraying from the ground. The forest echoed with the thuds of his leaps and the snarls that escaped from his hungry mouth, and the sound of the never-ending whispers that ensued as the wind stalked him through the trees. Fire burned in his mouth like a hellish chasm, desperate to quench the thirst that quelled the conscience within. He needed to feed...

The moon rose high above the rooftops, bathing him on ghastly day. The rims of his bulging eyes were strained scarlet with the madness that encapsulated his mind. Moonlight cast morbid shadows from the oak trees that held him inside this timeless world, showing stories of abstract thought. Never quite understood, never quite noticed. But he noticed as he pounded leap by leap, his eyes fixed on the ground. The shadows were his guide and the hunger that possessed him found him the will to carry on
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 27, 2015
She was close now. He could feel her heart screaming for salvation. But there would be no salvation, only merciful death, he mused to himself with a sadistic smile spreading out to reveal his salivating mouth, his teeth glinting in unbearable desperation. But he admired her determination, her drive to survive. She continued to flee through the trees, the lamb to his lionheart. Her screams were silent yet so loud in the still of the night. He could sense her fear, he could almost taste it...but it wasn't enough. He needed to consume. She was his greatest infatuation, and there was nothing that existed now but her. His body ached with exhilaration as the Chase ensued. Gaps in the trees held like shattered doors, bringing his future closer and closer. She was in his vision now. And what a vision. Her long light hair swayed down her back,shinning silver in the mmoonlight, becoming more and more appetizing. Her slim figure slowed down as fatigue overcame her. It was almost over.
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 27, 2015
She turned her face towards him and a scream burst out from her beautifully formed plum lips. It broke the silence like a tear on reality, and it filled him with a rush of energy, of pure delight. Her pale face, though twisted in horror emanated beauty in its truest form. She seemed chiselled to perfection, her cheek bones protruding to form a heart shaped angelic face. He knew it was a face he would never forget, a face he would relish taking the life out of. The Holy Grail would soon be his, innocence was waning and the anticipation of watching the lights burn out of her eyes was almost too much. She was his. She had always been.

He'd found her in the darkness. He'd found her sat on a bench, consumed by loneliness. He could relate to that. Her never felt connected, never tied to anyone or anything. Until this day. She was his. He didn't just know it, he felt it. He tasted it, he needed it. In that moment of watching her melancholy form sat detached from reality, his wolverine eyes burned for her and he needed her death for absolution.

But the chase was far from over. Her adrenaline wasn't completely burned yet, and he wanted to drain every drop of it. He wanted to deplete everything. Until all that remained was ash. She was slowing now, Her back caving as she attempted to uphold her speed. But it was failing. He leaped high above the ground in rejoice, his heart pounding in his head and in the chaotic stillness of the night, the wolf raised his head to the sky and rang out his triumphant howl.
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2015
Suddenly, he was alone. He stared at the path before him. Nothing. Not a creature in sight. His prey had disappeared like a wisp in the wind. Paralysis overcame him as the shock settled in, and the hunt escaped his agonized hunger right before his eyes. He roared in anguish and ripped his vicious claws at the bark of a gnarled tree. It's branches scratched his face, their devilish hands ripping at his eyes in punishing anger. He dropped to the ground in resignation and whispered in his own self obsession. He did not notice the quick breaths that escaped from the trunk of the tree.

Rabbits fell victim in the moments that passed, their bodies torn like wrapping to a parcel. The blood of their innocent lived daubed his face, but the taste and the glorious scent of their deaths were meaningless. Her taste still lingered in his thoughts. He needs her, but she was gone. His chance had been cruelly stolen from him and he didn't understand.
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2015
She lay silent inside the trunk of the great oak. Her white dress was stained with dirt and was crawling with spiders and insects. They wound their way across her white skin and crawled like a niggling memory. She knew that if she could stop the sound of the crawling beasts scurrying across her heaving body, she could work out how to get out of there alive. But the sounds did not cease and her haven slowly became her prison.

He was asleep. Her eyes widened in joyous salvation. Creeping carefully towards the gap in the trunk, she slid herself back into the open wood. She could still hear him sleeping. Her barefeet merely caressed the ground as she stepped away from the scene. But she made a fatal error. Stepping on a piece of broken bark made a sudden and loud crack that echoed throughout the forest.

Silence.

Frozen in terror, Her heart began to slam against her ribcage in anguish. He began to stir, and she knew it was only a matter of time. The beast reared his head and lifted his body. His amber eyes set upon her and a growl escaped his hungry mouth. Slowly, she joined her hands together, closing her eyes and praying to God for deliverance. But it seemed, that in that forest, in that night, that no screams and no desperation would bring her salvation. Least of all God.
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 30, 2015
Nice starting.
Okay. Hope I get to enjoy this actually.

1 Like

Re: Hunting by nicholausian(m): 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Excellent, too dark though, I mean no real definition of characters, no names yet...
Excellent still

1 Like

Re: Hunting by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
Aprime:
Nice starting.
Okay. Hope I get to enjoy this actually.

I wrote this story like quite a while ago. It's meant to end like this. Abruptly
Re: Hunting by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
nicholausian:
Excellent, too dark though, I mean no real definition of characters, no names yet...
Excellent still
Thank you cheesy
The no name thing was deliberate. I thought it would force the reader to use their imagination more and therefore create an image in their mind

(1) (Reply)

Penastory: The Chronicles Of A Government Hooker – Episode 2 (18+) / Nigerian Guy Narrates How He Discovered His Girlfriend Of 8 Months Had Died 2 / Iya Gate....[short Story] By Chukwudi Marvis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.