Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) (114782 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / Bank Verification Number Chaos In Eket(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by charlsecy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
If you have registered, but have failed to get your BVN, contact the bank where your registered.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by notoriousbabe: 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
jericco1:

excuse me, what's that suppose to mean huh?
It means tongue
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by kolawole6: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
Happen to me also, but if u go bank ask buhari him go give u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
drdams:

Since you want to go technical as per legality. it my pleasure to inform you that CORPORATE account in Banks encompasses both Sole Proprietors, Partnership and Company. The last time I checked, the assumption of a LEGAL Personality only applies to COMPANIES. Thus the veil of incorporation does not affect Drdams & Co, Chukwu & Sons, Dr. Dams enterprise etc.

are you still maintaining the stand point that these exceptions do not need BVN validation?
No need stretching it for vain glory. Enjoy your day
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nafizzey:
Thank you. Would have liked to do so, but I'm currently in another state/location..
You can go to any branch of the bank. They are all connected.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
Nobody will touch your money, but your account will be restricted.
Most times restricted = only deposits, no withdrawals

if an account is restricted for withdrawal after the deadline, June 30, what happenes to customers who are out of the country at the moment, for programs, business, contract, etc.
when they return to the country cant they withdraw money?
what are the CBN plans for such a situation?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ejikemiwwo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
After getting the bvn number, what's next?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Immarocks(f): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I did mine and I was given a code number and the guy told me I'm gonna get a message on phone till now I've gat none o but I did all my thumbprints and registeration

same here.ooooo I tink se name only me.since three weeks ago
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
can I do it at any branch

U were in a hurry to comment without reading the post.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by jericco1(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
notoriousbabe:
It means tongue
well thank you, whatsup?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
nurez:
did mine since two weeks ago, still no number and notification
Go back to where you registered it, with your slip.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
MrPresident:

if an account is restricted for withdrawal after the deadline, June 30, what happenes to customers who are out of the country at the moment, for programs, business, contract, etc.
when they return to the country cant they withdraw money?
what are the CBN plans for such a situation?
I don't know about those outside the country. Kindly go on Google, and get CBN's website. See if you can find it, then come back here and educate us.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by gbaskiboy: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
philfrey08:
OMG!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!!!
I made Front-Cover....
Okay... whT are u sayin of BVN ive not done mine o... i gat five accounts
You hit front page, you dey happy, I wonder how u go dey feel if your topic is move to front page cry

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Immarocks:

same here.ooooo I tink se name only me.since three weeks ago
na them sabi jare, I will try go back again
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by lovely17(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
to be Frank I just saw like 4 points stretched into 12 undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by LordVoldemort(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
remmer56:
BVN?

Buhari vexing Nigerians
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
drdams:

Some bank advise their customers in diaspora to request for an account update to reflect a foreign address on their account (with recent utility bill signed by a notary public as proof or proof of studentship abroad stamped by their colleges as the case may be).

For kids' accounts, the signatories are to validate their BVN. there is no contract with a MINOr .

some? why not all?
i have a number of colleagues/relatives abroad and none of them has recieved any advice from their banks.

secondly, if this is really to reduce bank fraud , etc, etc, etc, why the deadline June 30 ??
why not unlimit the duration and ensure the exercise goes effectively??

a heavily pregnant woman has to stand in a lawless lousy queue for hours just to get some silly BVN number?
when the bank could have sent her the numbers and then handle the rest verification process on her next visit??

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ikorodureporta: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
So, people wey no get time to go waste for bank nkor? Me i neva do-o! They shld consider Sat & Sun...
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ikorodureporta: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
Since wey dem start, na only UBA dey send me reminder text message...
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
I don't know about those outside the country. Kindly go on Google, and get CBN's website. See if you can find it, then come back here and educate us.

grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ikorodureporta: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
ejikemiwwo:
After getting the bvn number, what's next?

U're End-Time compliant! grin
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Harkanbi(m): 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
What about those that will open their bank account after †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ bvn?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
9.A BVN identification card with a computer chip bearing your embedded personal information will be issued to you for collection at your designated bank branch.

The above(No 9) is absolutely false.

Attached is my BVN card (front & back), nothing like any embedded chip anywhere oo. Only my names (covered) and the number(BVN)

I thought it would come with a chip so as to make it a little functional but it doesnt. Now, my question is, given that I have the number on my account platform already, and on my phone, why do I need some dumb plastic card with same details only and no functionality(like using as ID/ATM card)?

Unnecessary money chopping offices for some individuals... smh

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
...and mind you, not even the prints are mine. I opined that making the (dummy)cards is a wasteful venture. my take, anyways!
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Kagarko(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
PStacks:
Hope this BVN isn't the American version of that chip that people are saying its the mark of the beast! The anti-christ.

People should be careful ooo, we are in end times. Same-sex marriage just confirmed it.

People should be careful anything chip or number before person go collect mark of the beast without knowing it

For real i concur with your position.
Hope it's not part of the illuminati agenda?

Nigerians should be careful with that chips.

Anyway haven't done mine cos iam afraid ready for the consequences of not doing it if it's not severe iam not doing.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Jetjacky(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

source : http://streetgist.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-bvn/
guy, I was given a slip longtime ago when it started and told I would get a message but haven't. the funny thing is I can't find the slip again. what do i do??

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by manuroq(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
I spent a whole day doing the registration but it was worth it. The quarrels, bragging, and all the misunderstanding were things i neva wished to carry to the next day.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Austinio: 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

source : http://streetgist.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-bvn/
and the last but not the list is 666.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by honeric01(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
notoriousbabe:
they will be jailed
Be serious na
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by zomoears(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
[left][/left]
Pope22:

What about those who have different bank accounts in different banks but with different names? The one you do in one, will it cover for others even when they are different names?

BVN is meant to stop things like this. How can u have accounts in different banks with different names? Surely, a fraud like that cannot stand by the time it takes off fully.

You need to streamline your identity. Plus if u have already enrolled,your finger prints will already be on record. Any attempt to enrol again will be detected as a fraud attempt and your account will be blocked. You can change ur name, but can't change ur fingerprints!

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by swiffy(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I did mine and I was given a code number and the guy told me I'm gonna get a message on phone till now I've gat none o but I did all my thumbprints and registeration
same happened 2 me,dey gave me a code n said I shuld expect a message on my phone in 4days time containing d BVN,waited 4 a week did not receive any message had 2 go back 2 d bank n was giving d number. so dnt wait 4 d message just go back 2 d bank n u will b given ur BVN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] / Jamil Abubakar And Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Kano (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.