Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,457 members, 7,853,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga (608 Views)

Nairalanders Please Stop Mentioning Me / Stop Mentioning Me #NASS Tell Nigerians / Saraki Unfolds Agenda For Nigeria As He Takes Over NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by Sanchez01: 11:35am On Jun 27, 2015

Following the recent showdown on Thursday, Nigerians registered their displeasure over the fracas in the 8th National Assembly, which many considered as shameful.

Lawmakers were seen trading blows and yelling at themselves during the plenary session of the House. The highlight of the day which was to announce the names of principal leaders of the House of Assembly was forfeited after trouble brewed.

Apparently thinking that @nass was the handle of the Nigerian National Assembly, angry Nigerians mentioned the handle in their diverse tweets posted to the Twitter network, expressing their disappointments on the unruly behaviour of the lawmakers.

However, there was a little twist when Nasser al-Saadi a man from Qatar cried out that Nigerians should stop mentioning him over an issue he knows nothing about.

Nasser apparently had been getting mentions even during the wardrobe allowance uproar but became unbearable after the fracas at the National Assembly.

It took the intervention of some Nigerians on twitter to explain the mix-up: that some people were mentioning @nass instead of using #nass hashtag.

Nasser later joined in the conversation and was seen cracking jokes via his Twitter handle.

The Speaker of the 8th National Assembly, Yakubu Dogara apologized to Nigerians and charged the lawmakers to act in the interest of those who voted them into office. The Speaker however adjourned the plenary session to the 21st of July, 2015.

Below are some of Nasser al-Saadi's tweets:
Source: http://www.fctpost.com/2015/06/27/national-assembly-saga-stop-mentioning-me-tweep-cries-out-on-twitter/

Re: Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by MosakuAW(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2015
smiley

Funny!

Internet and whaala..
Re: Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by Tbillz(m): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2015
Everytime you climb the hill to get network try and check old news before posting.. .. Its an old news. Thanks
Re: Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by nairamaverick(m): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2015
Lol
Re: Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2015
Lol....funny.

I bet the nigerians who mentioned him would be feeling silly now.
Re: Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2015
Lol....funny.

I bet the nigerians who mentioned him would be feeling silly now.
Re: Identity Crisis: "Stop Mentioning Me" Tweep Cries Out Over NASS Saga by Nazeeboy(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2015
Nigerians I dey hail ooo. Na waooo for una. Since when did expressing our displeasures over a serious issue become a funny thing for an oyinbo.

(1) (Reply)

President's Spokesman Confirms His Oga At The Top Is A Dullard / BREAKING NEWS ; Jega Bows Out As INEC Chairman. / Scores Killed By Boko Haram In Bornu -aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.