Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

My Trip To Aba - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Aba (29578 Views)

My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Aba by seunfape(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
i was a student in Umudike abia state btw 2004 to 2010.T orji did not become govn to fix up Abia but was their to embezle.dnt blame him he got d OT from orji uzor Kalu.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
eraly:
So of all d road u passed within aba, dia is no lovely place oda than dis site? dnt be biased/tribalistic bro. am a proud yoruba boy.

He didn't hand pick anything , most of Aba is in a deplorable state , only few places like Ogbor hill are actually clean. I lived in Abia for 2 years and a half - one year service in Umuahia and a year and a half as a worker in Aba after service. In contrast to Aba , Umuahia is very clean.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Kennyfancy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lildreezy:
this is really scary and heart breaking. Aba is a city booming with entrepreneurs and technocrats. It would have been better if the devil governed this state rather than TA orji. I've been to Aba several times. I tell u I was so moved a tear dropped from my eyes in the bus.

but I also blame Abians, especially those in Aba. if the governor is not ready to give you infrastructure, can't u guys organize yourselves, pool resources together to even grade some of the roads?( tarring roads here are even a luxury)
An average man in Aba will see a heap of refuse and still throw the husk of the corn he is holding at it, at the same time curse TA orji.

I got to find out that its about the mindset of majority of the people. Mehn........over here in delta, even if Uduaghan was a disgrace you can't see any part of Asaba or Warri this bad. Its the mindset of the people, and so they deserve what they see there..

Goddammit......
i lov delta
Re: My Trip To Aba by keacy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
its a cursed town. thats why it is like that.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Originalsly: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
@Op...is it that hard to recheck what you want to post before posting? ....why would you post these photos and title them as Port Harcourt Road? I was expecting to see roads but don't see any...abeg....put up the correct photos or change the headlines.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
PDPwayoo:

hmmm i think Aba has improved a lot. Good job mr. Governor and former governors. The people of Aba loves u all
Lol, yeye. One guy told me that the ppl of Aba now receives nourishment from heaps of rubbish.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Heriadeoluwa:
now dem go dey do shakara say na der city better pass...say lagos na sh***t! Na to dey drink fr beer parlour dem no...
Dude, racism has eaten deep into your brains. If you must know, this thread is not intended to insult the citizens of Aba.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
izuvin:

ikpazu, I hope ur eyes are open
I hope so o.
But he is the former chairman of Asepa and see how 'clean' Aba is. I also heard he is Orji's boy and said he will continue where his master stopped. If these are true.... lipsrsealed
Re: My Trip To Aba by dokyOloye: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
OgaMosco:
Aba can best be compared to where pigs run things, the whole of Abia state can best be described as Nigeria home of dump. The residents are not in any way helping matters. Na pig dem be sha
my friend,there is hardly any city in Nigeria where U won't see such including almighty Abuja.
Aba's own is made worse cos of d topography and d fact that it experiences more rainfall than most other cities in Naija.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Orikinla(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
dokyOloye:
my friend,there is hardly any city in Nigeria where U won't see such including almighty Abuja.
Aba's own is made worse cos of d topography and d fact that it experiences more rainfall than most other cities in Naija.
STUPID EXCUSE.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
achemedez:
who cares??...
does that nw means tht their government ain't functioning or wats d Ish all about?
moreover dats nt the only place there... u didn't see d good work of there government. u only look other way round.
A PERSON WHO NEVER SEES / LOOK S GOOD IN OTHERS DOING LL REMAIN GROWTHLESS.

KOMPUTER SAYS SO
I challenge you to post pictures of the work he did in Aba and if you can do that, I will swallow my tongue.
Re: My Trip To Aba by desunit(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
Avedon:
Please My fellow Igbo brothers/ sisters stop criticizing Buhari young administration instead you should channel your criticism to your various incompetent state governors because It's a shame for people to be living in such deplorable condition in ths century.

Southeastern states are the most filthiest states in Nigeria. Even the less develop northern states are far better. Seriously, am offended with those pictures.

Even modern pigs can't live in such environment.
And you think the rest of SE states are like that? Wait till you visit Enugu, imo, Anambra and see for your self. Believe me I don't think you will want to go back to your own state again.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
ddeston:
Young man.

Am not from ABA ooo. Am a Benin boy,
But I must confess you lack common sense.
Because if out of every good thing in the city of Aba you only hand picked the bad.

Then I wonder what kind of operating system and which year your brain functions on.
Even ppl that have never been to Aba will come here to insult me. I have changed anyone that can provide pictures of the good things T.A Orji did in Aba to please, show us.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
eraly:
So of all d road u passed within aba, dia is no lovely place oda than dis site? dnt be biased/tribalistic bro. am a proud yoruba boy.
And I'm a proud igbo boy that grew up in Aba and I can tell you that any road in Aba that can still support a four-wheeled car now, was constructed more than 10yrs ago. You can ask anyone that has visited Aba in the recent years. I'm not biased and I detest tribalism.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Masterclass32: 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Things may be bad right now, but Aba will rise again.

That place has enormous potentials which must be harnessed by creating the enabling environment. Gladly the current gov is working to resurrect Aba.

T. A. Orji was a collosal disgrace. And to think he's currently a senator ... ? angry
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
kay1one2:
Your guys dey stay ghetto part of aba.
Abeg, which part be VI of Aba?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
Amagmilton:
So you only saw the dirty part, u didn't see the clean parts?
Please, show me the clean parts.
Re: My Trip To Aba by ginggerxy: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
OgaMosco:
Aba can best be compared to where pigs run things, the whole of Abia state can best be described as Nigeria home of dump. The residents are not in any way helping matters. Na pig dem be sha
what species of worm is eating ya brain undecided
Re: My Trip To Aba by edwife(f): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
GodMode:

Its an IGBO dominated area in Lagosgringringrin

Of course even Ita Oluwo part of Ikorodu

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6247bjjvns1.31b63fcd.jpg[/img]

MAKOKO

Try harder you hear?
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
Neduzze5:

I really hope the new Government does so. Aba is a mega city that would go places if better taken care of.

T.A Orji needs to be probed!!
Stop hoping, cos the case of Aba is hopeless since Theif After Orji installed his boy as successor.
Re: My Trip To Aba by airmark(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
neoapocalypse:

He didn't hand pick anything , most of Aba is in a deplorable state , only few places like Ogbor hill are actually clean. I lived in Abia for 2 years and a half - one year service in Umuahia and a year and a half as a worker in Aba after service. In contrast to Aba , Umuahia is very clean.

Don't mind those who are trying to cover the shame. Instead to crucify the wicked governor, they are trying to call black, white. I am sorry for some Nigerians, suffering and smiling.
Re: My Trip To Aba by GodMode: 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:

Of course even Ita Oluwo part of Ikorodu

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt6247bjjvns1.31b63fcd.jpg[/img]

MAKOKO

Try harder you hear?

Show that place without the flood and makoko is filled with illegal immigrants and non-indigenes gringringringrin

Tell your friend Linda Ikeji to use her blog to pressurise your SE polithiefcians instead of promoting gay topics and all sorts of trash...

She's getting paid gringringrin I don't blame hergrin

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
nextstep:
OP, it would have been more balanced if you showed various representative parts of Aba. If it was all bad, then I'd agree. As it is, we've seen only one part.

There are parts of New York, London, Berlin, Shanghai, Lagos that are as horrid and blighted as this, but the conclusion that these cities were dirty all over would not be accurate.

Just food for thought
Actually, I went to visit someone, I didn't go on a tour around the whole of Aba or Abia state. Please ask anyone that has visited Aba about Port-Harcourt road and Asa road and you will know how important these two roads are to the accessibility of Aba. These are the two roads you see in those pics.
Re: My Trip To Aba by seangy4konji: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thats a dirty environment...

God forbid bad thing.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abba999:

And they yet allowed him to upgrade into Legislooting their state treasury further more. undecided
Who allowed him? He did not win even in his own village. Ask questions well about his emergence as senator.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Ceeflo(m): 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
The man is now a senator, just pity the people in his constituency
Abba999:

And they yet allowed him to upgrade into Legislooting their state treasury further more. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Aba by Datruggedman: 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
seunfape:
i was a student in Umudike abia state btw 2004 to 2010.T orji did not become govn to fix up Abia but was their to embezle.dnt blame him he got d OT from orji uzor Kalu.
Re: My Trip To Aba by nwosueugeneken: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Avedon:
Please My fellow Igbo brothers/ sisters stop criticizing Buhari young administration instead you should channel your criticism to your various incompetent state governors because It's a shame for people to be living in such deplorable condition in ths century.

Southeastern states are the most filthiest states in Nigeria. Even the less develop northern states are far better. Seriously, am offended with those pictures.

Even modern pigs can't live in such environment.
u are sick
Re: My Trip To Aba by hansad: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Two states in the southeast - Abia and Imo - with the same old story, their trickish state governors reduce the states and evelopment in them to only the state capitals.

Now an Aba man is gov of Abia state, there may be changes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Kano City In The 1950's / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic / Man Loses His BRT Seat After Standing Up To “Gossip” In Ikorodu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.