Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

My Trip To Aba - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Aba (29627 Views)

My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Aba by Bifwoli: 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
Macmilla:
More pictures

Its still better and more tolerable coz its just mud and trash(not that I approve of it)

In India you'll encounter flowing human excrement aplenty,dead bodies and other deadly biohazard.Nigeria in all her trashy places is better than India and that's a fact.
Re: My Trip To Aba by miky(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
you cant even keep your fcking state clean..
Re: My Trip To Aba by ameobi(m): 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
That's not nigeria plssssssssssssssssssss....for your incorrect of correction, it is called "part of #Biafra"
Re: My Trip To Aba by Leez(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
missKiffy:
That is Aba for you, very dirty
ochendo na rochas bu one chance chime odogwu nwoke
Re: My Trip To Aba by Leez(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
ameobi:
That's not nigeria plssssssssssssssssssss....for your incorrect of correction, it is called "part of #Biafra"
ok oooo
forza south waist
Re: My Trip To Aba by Gazzy88(m): 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
gazzy01:
Aba with high place of land pollution. The pix is real, expecially Aba South and North zone. The new government need to work on the environmetal services of the state. Aba the most dirty place in Nigeria. Seen, tested and confirmed. Reporting from Obingwa.
oboy where did u get that name?
Re: My Trip To Aba by JayJustus(m): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
I will be bipolar with this...

@OP so out of every place in aba this is the only thing you could take a picture of...you should be hanged on an Indonesian gallow

but that place is Biafra not Nigeria...

okay,thx,bye

*rows kayak outta thread*

If you dont know what bipolarity means Google.com ain't far away in fact how much is pocket dictionary??
Re: My Trip To Aba by hansad: 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lildreezy:
this is really scary and heart breaking. Aba is a city booming with entrepreneurs and technocrats. It would have been better if the devil governed this state rather than TA orji. I've been to Aba several times. I tell u I was so moved a tear dropped from my eyes in the bus.

but I also blame Abians, especially those in Aba. if the governor is not ready to give you infrastructure, can't u guys organize yourselves, pool resources together to even grade some of the roads?( tarring roads here are even a luxury)
An average man in Aba will see a heap of refuse and still throw the husk of the corn he is holding at it, at the same time curse TA orji.

I got to find out that its about the mindset of majority of the people. Mehn........over here in delta, even if Uduaghan was a disgrace you can't see any part of Asaba or Warri this bad. Its the mindset of the people, and so they deserve what they see there..

Goddammit......
In many Igbo states, many from the state capital seriously believe that the state capital is the state - any other places in the state are mere bush areas that must remain bushy.

Just imagine Aba that was already a mega city when Umuahia was a small semi-urban town.
Umuahia is now urbanizing and modernizing many times more than Aba.

Worse, Aba area is what makes Abia an oil producing state.
Re: My Trip To Aba by emmathebigg(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
that's a sing of bad leaders.... T.A Orji his own tenor was the worst.
Re: My Trip To Aba by hansad: 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
Macmilla:

I challenge you to post pictures of the work he did in Aba and if you can do that, I will swallow My tongue.

You must be the type that cannot even tell himself a simple truth. It's impossible that there are no good things the last governor did in Aba.
Re: My Trip To Aba by hansad: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
nextstep:
OP, it would have been more balanced if you showed various representative parts of Aba. If it was all bad, then I'd agree. As it is, we've seen only one part.

There are parts of New York, London, Berlin, Shanghai, Lagos that are as horrid and blighted as this, but the conclusion that these cities were dirty all over would not be accurate.

Just food for thought

The Op Macmillan or what is he called had bad belle regarding his Aba pictures. He has something else to achieve, not just exposition of ills of a society. Worse, his story was not balanced, therefore, he is a crude and amateur story teller.
Re: My Trip To Aba by callmenow: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
These look like federal roads. If that is the case, then Buhari has failed Aba people. After the many chieftaincy titles bestowed on him by the Enyi of ABA, he has washed his dirty hands off ABA. Is Buhari a dullard, nonce, clueless or siIly. Where are 'sai buhari, sai baba' mob. How long must ABA people wait for governance. He has failed in Lagos, ogbomosho, sabon gari and oturkpo. I can't take this anymore.
Re: My Trip To Aba by ayoman: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Yet they claim to be developing other people land.mtchew
Re: My Trip To Aba by Ladycloud(f): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
smh... ABA shaa... but op why didn't u show the good places like the likes of abayi, umungasi.. brass and so on
Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Macmilla:
If you have not heard of the city of Aba in Abia state, then you probably a Nigerian by proxy. I was in Aba over the weekend to see my folks and I was filled with awe. The pictures below best describes my surprise.

Wow
That just disgustings ... But we cant keep blaming government its the people who do this
Just dirty ppl .. Anyway mayb government too should try provide roadside bin like all d other normal countries out there ..
Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Macmilla:
More pictures
is there government in this state?
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
hansad:

You must be the type that cannot even tell himself a simple truth. It's impossible that there are no good things the last governor did in Aba.
Go and do a research on a burial service done by Christ the King Cathedral, Aba, to mark the death of Abia state murdered by T.A. Orji. Tell me there is another state such has been done and tell me there is no reason for that.
The only "good" he did was to buy keke for weed-smoking touts and use them as thugs.
There is no single good thing you will see in Aba that was not there 8yrs ago.
He brought Aba shopping mall, and I ask, how many persons here have bought a pin from the so-called mall?
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Chibezfelix:
you are simply Jobless that's why you have time to take those pictures coolyou are simply Jobless that's why you have time to take those pictures
This is the kind of mentality that has kept us where we are today. Everybody is claiming to be busy. Busy doing nothing.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
its funny cus t.a orji collected awards for good governance now and then during his tenure.he is a smooth criminal I must say
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
ojimbo:
continue in nnewi, anambra state
Dude, any road with a fresh red mud ain't a big deal. It could be a road under construction and beaten by rain. You know things are really bad when you see algae and other sea weeds on a road that is supposed to be used by vehicles.
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
Originalsly:
@Op...is it that hard to recheck what you want to post before posting? ....why would you post these photos and title them as Port Harcourt Road? I was expecting to see roads but don't see any...abeg....put up the correct photos or change the headlines.
Are you high?
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Masterclass32:
Things may be bad right now, but Aba will rise again.

That place has enormous potentials which must be harnessed by creating the enabling environment. Gladly the current gov is working to resurrect Aba.

T. A. Orji was a collosal disgrace. And to think he's currently a senator ... ? angry
Please where exactly is he working and what is he doing there?
Re: My Trip To Aba by plainmirror(m): 9:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lildreezy:
this is really scary and heart breaking. Aba is a city booming with entrepreneurs and technocrats. It would have been better if the devil governed this state rather than TA orji. I've been to Aba several times. I tell u I was so moved a tear dropped from my eyes in the bus.

but I also blame Abians, especially those in Aba. if the governor is not ready to give you infrastructure, can't u guys organize yourselves, pool resources together to even grade some of the roads?( tarring roads here are even a luxury)
An average man in Aba will see a heap of refuse and still throw the husk of the corn he is holding at it, at the same time curse TA orji.

I got to find out that its about the mindset of majority of the people. Mehn........over here in delta, even if Uduaghan was a disgrace you can't see any part of Asaba or Warri this bad. Its the mindset of the people, and so they deserve what they see there..

Goddammit......

I grew up in Aba metropolis. The mindset ish is quite peculiar to majority of the care-free populace. But I also don't think the law permits an individual or group of individuals to construct/ tar roads. It is an exclusive duty of the state.
Re: My Trip To Aba by sukkot: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
callmenow:
These look like federal roads. If that is the case, then Buhari has failed Aba people. After the many chieftaincy titles bestowed on him by the Enyi of ABA, he has washed his dirty hands off ABA. Is Buhari a dullard, nonce, clueless or siIly. Where are 'sai buhari, sai baba' mob. How long must ABA people wait for governance. He has failed in Lagos, ogbomosho, sabon gari and oturkpo. I can't take this anymore.
nigga leave that weed alone grin

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ladycloud:
smh... ABA shaa... but op why didn't u show the good places like the likes of abayi, umungasi.. brass and so on
Seriously? Umungasi? Are those places wonderful? These are places that had good roads 10yrs ago and still struggling with the little roads they have. Show me a good place in those places that was made good in the last 8yrs. I
Re: My Trip To Aba by Macmilla(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
plainmirror:

I grew up in Aba metropolis. The mindset ish is quite peculiar to majority of the care-free populace. But I also don't think the law permits an individual or group of individuals to construct/ tar roads. It is an exclusive duty of the state.
Don't mind ppl dt don't know jack about anything. A civilian constructed an overhead pedestrian crossing but had to allow the Theif take credit for it and it was on the news for months that orji has beautified Aba. He poured gravel on a federal road and mounted a giant billboard with the inscription "ONCE A FEDERAL ROAD NOW BEING CONSTRUCTED BY GOVERNMENT IS T.A ORJI".
Re: My Trip To Aba by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
missKiffy:
That is Aba for you, very dirty

How are you sure that the pic is from Aba,the Idiiaat choose one local place instead of the whole city,by the way,which state is clean in Nigeria, bigot fools.
Re: My Trip To Aba by tammie24: 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
People live here
SMDH!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Die, Four Injured After Truck Fell On Cars In Lagos (Photos) / 2 US Army Helicopters Crash, Killing 3 Soldiers, Injuring 1 (Photo) / This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.