Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh (718 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Appointed As Head Coach Of Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Club) / My Life Is In Danger - Sunday Oliseh Cries Out / Sunday Oliseh, Invites 23 Players For Tanzania Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Former Nigeria international Sunday Oliseh has clamoured for the Super Eagles’ return to the National Stadium, Lagos for their international matches. In the space of 12 months, the former African champions have played in several stadia in the country where they have recorded contrasting results.

According to the former Borrusia Dortmund star, the surest bet for the country to remain invincible at home is by bring them back to their former fortress in Lagos.

“It’s a lot easier now to play for Nigeria and I guess that is one of the reasons we are not doing so well now. In those days, you go to the National Stadium, Lagos in front 100, 000 fans,” Oliseh said during an interview with Brila Fm.

“After 20 minutes, you have not scored, the fans go crazy and your family lives in Lagos; that is pressure. When you go to the Africa Cup of Nations or the World Cup and you know that second is not enough; that is pressure. When you have to play and the future of your family is at stake; that is pressure.

“I’m overtly telling them that if we want to go back to the top; we need to bring the Super Eagles back to Lagos

“If England have an important match to play, they play you at Wembley because that is where they have the greatest number of fans and that is where it becomes emotional for the players. The National Stadium is our own Wembley.

“I played for Nigeria for 10 years and we never lost at the National Stadium. That shows you how mythical it was to play there. The players need that kind of atmosphere to perform,” he concluded.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13099292

1 Like

Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by nerodenero: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
I support Oliseh's submission and I hope they listen. The Super Eagles need to see crazy fans display their madness to put pressure on them in order to deliver. I remember those days when fans get angry, pour urine in a pure water sachet and throw it at you. Eagles need to face these over daring fans for them to deliver and deliver well.

Again, for Eagles to return to Lagos, alot of repairs need to be done. National Stadium Lagos has been neglected for so long and it's a shame on our government allowed this to happen. Our bad maintenance culture is legendary and we need to change for our own sake.

1 Like

Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Smooyis(m): 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
Great talk from an experienced player.

1 Like

Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
This dude should go and sit down.his days re over..

U believe in myth cos u played 10 times and lost none in lagos...
Thats what happend in calabar and they lost to ordinary congo for believing calarbar is theri slaughter house
Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
A team without the drive, motivation, passion, zeal, determination etc can never produce the needed result...
Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
nerodenero:
I support Oliseh's submission and I hope they listen. The Super Eagles need to see crazy fans display their madness to put pressure on them in order to deliver. I remember those days when fans get angry, pour urine in a pure water sachet and throw it at you. Eagles need to face these over daring fans for them to deliver and deliver well.

Again, for Eagles to return to Lagos, alot of repairs need to be done. National Stadium Lagos has been neglected for so long and it's a shame on our government allowed this to happen. Our bad maintenance culture is legendary and we need to change for our own sake.

I think its high time they hand over the job of the Super Eagles To Oliseh. Let see how he translate analysis to produce results..
Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by caprini1: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
nerodenero:

Each time I drive past the National Stadium and remembers the good memories,I feel like weeping at what we call super eagles nowadays.....Win or Loose,we know we had a squad to be proud of and we have a home in Surulere.
Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
caprini1:
Each time I drive past the National Stadium and remembers the good memories,I feel like weeping at what we call super eagles nowadays.....Win or Loose,we know we had a squad to be proud of and we have a home in Surulere.

Suru.. .. Lere
Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by Cooljoe1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=Daninya11 post=
“After 20 minutes, you have not scored, the fans go crazy and your family lives in Lagos; that is pressure. When you go to the Africa Cup of Nations or the World Cup and you know that second is not enough; that is pressure. When you have to play and the future of your family is at stake; that is pressure.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/13099292

[/quote]
the fear of angry Nigerians will mk them perform up to expectation...
Re: Return The Super Eagles To Lagos, Says Sunday Oliseh by ahamonyeka(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
Good old days when super eagles was still super,whenever they are playing ,vehicles and people on the road are limited because of the passion we have for them unlike now.

Abeg make them bring our matches back to lagos so I can go I watch them play now that I can afford the gate fee than those days when I was still in secondary school wey I no fit afford the gate fee.

But,if them go bring the match back to lagos make them know wetin them go play cos na poo and pee we go use finish them cos we lagosians no wan hear o.

(1) (Reply)

Angry Cristiano Ronaldo Walks Out Of Interview On Sergio Ramos,real Madrid Stay / Bombings In Northern Nigeria Cast A Shadow Over Afcon Qualifiers In Kaduna / “I Was Born To Be Happy, Not Perfect” – Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.