Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Advise On Data Analyst - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advise On Data Analyst (1515 Views)

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / I Want To Quit My Job For Uber Abuja Partner-Driver Business, Advise Needed / A Science Related Degree But Interested In TV Broadcasting Job, Advise On How To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Data Analyst by Gydion(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
A wonderful evening to you all.

I finished my nysc service last year june but still looking for a good job. Though I am managing in an organization now.

I hold a bsc economics with a 2.1 frm a reputable uni in nigeria.

Plz wat do I need to bcome a data analyst.

Kindly advise plz.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by Sambest2(m): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Gydion:

A wonderful evening to you all.

I finished my nysc service last year june but still looking for a good job. Though I am managing in an organization now.

I hold a bsc economics with a 2.1 frm a reputable uni in nigeria.

Plz wat do I need to bcome a data analyst.

Kindly advise plz.

With all due respect, Please don't let people question your cert., you studied Economics grad with a 2:1 from a reputable uni and still don't know what you need to become a data analyst .

I believe your question will be well poised if you say what you need to become better in data analysis.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by Smeeky(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
You don't need to tell us about your achievement...some people here are first class.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by Smeeky(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Data analysis has to do with econometrics. You should have an idea on that. However,data analysis has to do with evaluating data using analytical and logical reasoning to examine each component of the data provided.
It has to do with creating a regression model with the information gotten from the data collected,and evaluating the relationship between the dependent variable and the independent variables(serial correlation problem). And if possible,forecast for the company.
This is the little I can say about it.

You can go for a certification in data analysis to become a data analyst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by Gydion(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thank u, wat certification can I go for. That's exactly wat I need

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by Gydion(m): 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
Data Management International offers a certification exam to become a Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).

I know of this but I think it is for those who studied computer science, statistics, mathematics and other related courses.

I just want the one a graduate of economics can take

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by Sambest2(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Gydion:

Data Management International offers a certification exam to become a Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP).

I know of this but I think it is for those who studied computer science, statistics, mathematics and other related courses.

I just want the one a graduate of economics can take

Economics is among the other related courses. You don't really need them, I'll prefer you go for the knowledge, which you will directly apply. I learnt web design on my own and have done a job meanwhile I know of people who learnt one program or the other from known IT firms(some with certification) but still can't compete favourable with people who learnt on their own or with help from friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise On Data Analyst by DisGuy: 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Can the moderator(s) please unlock the hidden post above

Many thanks wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Baba Ijebu Goes Mtn / Economics ''a Professional Course'' / Ican May Diet 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.